Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance vs. GV60...Drag!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that the GV60 has a boost button.
Is it similar to the Model 3 Performance Track Mode?

If so, it would more fair to compare the GV60 against the Model 3 Performance.

Track Mode doesnā€™t give you any more power. It just enables extra battery cooling and finer motor control and removal of nannies. Boost mode in GV60 gives you 10s of extra power and itā€™s an SUV. Model 3 Performance wouldnā€™t compete with the GV60 as itā€™s a much smaller vehicle.

Reactions: android04
Track Mode doesnā€™t give you any more power. It just enables extra battery cooling and finer motor control and removal of nannies. Boost mode in GV60 gives you 10s of extra power and itā€™s an SUV. Model 3 Performance wouldnā€™t compete with the GV60 as itā€™s a much smaller vehicle.

GV60 is taller but shorter than the M3P.

What I learnt is the iX M60 - and not the slow variant in this race - would wipe the floor in this drag race. That M60 is beastly but it is more comparable to a Model X Plaid than a GV60.

Regardless of the state of charge in that MYP, it seems that the GV60 is more or less in the same class acceleration-wise. This probably means the Kia EV6 GT and the Hyundai Ionic5 N are going to be faster than the MYP. I wonder if this would mean a more powerful version of the MYP is on the horizon in the next year or two?

Reactions: sleepydoc
Regardless of the state of charge in that MYP, it seems that the GV60 is more or less in the same class acceleration-wise. This probably means the Kia EV6 GT and the Hyundai Ionic5 N are going to be faster than the MYP. I wonder if this would mean a more powerful version of the MYP is on the horizon in the next year or two?
I consider the Ioniq5 and GV60 comparable to the Model Y
The EV6 is more comparable to the Model 3

Reactions: sleepydoc
I mean, they could make it faster today if they wanted to. Most speculate that the battery is still only around 70-80% of its realized potential. Not to mention adding track mode.