Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y price change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Electroman

Aug 18, 2012
TX
So I saw this thread here titled, "Huge price increase in Model Y" and it turns out the poster was mistaken by going to Canadian website. Anyway that got me intrigued and I logged into my Tesla account and saw my configuration and price:

upload_2020-1-18_13-21-48.png

But then I went into edit mode to see what new options i can select, but there was none that was interest to me. So instead of cancelling the edit, I simply chose the same options I had earlier and saved it. Lo and behold the price for the same identical configuration is now... tada... :

upload_2020-1-18_13-24-0.png

a $2500 decrease ? Could that be true? or are my eyes deceiving me?

So I saw this thread here titled, "Huge price increase in Model Y" and it turns out the poster was mistaken by going to Canadian website. Anyway that got me intrigued and I logged into my Tesla account and saw my configuration and price:

View attachment 501814

But then I went into edit mode to see what new options i can select, but there was none that was interest to me. So instead of cancelling the edit, I simply chose the same options I had earlier and saved it. Lo and behold the price for the same identical configuration is now... tada... :

View attachment 501815

LOL...I'm rolling on the floor on this one. They are just giving you credit for the 2500.00 you already paid. But nice thought, now back to reality.

possibly 51000 now + 2500 already paid deposit = Orig 53500?
Hmmm... that cannot be true. It clearly says "Car price", not "Balance owed". One thing though, I was incorrect in stating that this included the destination charges. Also remember you cannot have one price for the those who reserved on day one and a lower price for folks reserving now.

This is what I see in the details now:

upload_2020-1-18_18-26-25.png

Same thing happened to me (price lowered) it's because when I originally configured (July), base price was $49k. White was something like $1k, autopilot was $3k. Around August they dropped the price to $48k base, white and autopilot were included. So mine went from $53k to $48k for the same car.

View attachment 501814

View attachment 501815

The price went down long time ago, several months... This was related to model 3 price drop, but they delayed Y pricing change by a few months after that.

When the fall for Y price happened, it was immediately communicated in multiple threads on TMC, I updated my order back then.

Reactions: Sherlo
The price went down long time ago, several months... This was related to model 3 price drop, but they delayed Y pricing change by a few months after that.

When the fall for Y price happened, it was immediately communicated in multiple threads on TMC, I updated my order back then.
Thank you. That explains.

One would think Tesla will automatically update the current reservation holders with their new purchase price.