Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Production By Late Feb?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope it’s being sandbagged and some additional range is available. Extra 10% would be great!

my uneducated guess is that Model Y is likely a bit longer, so longer wheelbase therefore it can fit more cells to create a slightly bigger battery. Now Model 3 long ranger is aliens 75kWh of usable battery so maybe new model Y is closer to 81-83 (10% more)

my guess Spring is when we will see Model Y rolling of assembly line. I mean, we still don’t have many specs for it

good point, I forgot that detail. Then to achieve similar range maybe motors are weaker compared to model 3 or Tesla did its technical magic and able to squeeze efficiency even more so.

EPA range differences would be created by weight and aerodynamics, assuming the drive and brake systems are the same.

Model Y will have worse aerodynamics than the 3, but Tesla have apparently been working to reduce the difference, and that will move its EPA rating closer to the 3. I doubt if the weight differences have any significant difference on EPA rating.