Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD now available. RWD+AWD now eligible for iZEV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like morning Caroline has now fully unloaded and is heading empty to Korea. I remember when the ship left from Shanghai it stopped in Korea for a bit then left to Tacoma. Perhaps it will do the same, head to Korea and then China and back.
makes me wonder what kind of work schedule these ship operators have ! lol
imagine having limited internet for all that time out at sea 😱

It's interesting that you can so easily change your order to one of the inventory cars if need be. I'm still keeping my blue with hitch but I've really struggled with what colour to get. I considered the white and even the black. And I wonder if I'll ever use that expensive hitch? And what about the Induction Wheels? A last minute factory decision? Dealer installed add on? Easy to do as well. Does anyone here have a drone they can fly over the port? I'd sure like to know how many cars and with what options.

It's interesting that you can so easily change your order to one of the inventory cars if need be. I'm still keeping my blue with hitch but I've really struggled with what colour to get. I considered the white and even the black. And I wonder if I'll ever use that expensive hitch? And what about the Induction Wheels? A last minute factory decision? Dealer installed add on? Easy to do as well. Does anyone here have a drone they can fly over the port? I'd sure like to know how many cars and with what options.
You’re paying a lot of money and keeping this car for a while so it’s best to go with the color that speaks to you the most even if it means a longer wait, which I believe is what you chose with the blue. In terms of the induction wheels, I’m not sure how they installed them on the rwd but I wouldn’t recommend anyone in Canada getting it. The induction wheels deduct 19km in range on the long range model. The RWD already has pretty low range and you want the most you can get especially in the winter.

Reactions: 404 Not Found
I’m noticing a bunch of RWD model Y and 3 being added to inventory today, according to waiting for Tesla Build dates in May and an arrival date of June 3rd. Maybe the 2nd ship should be arriving soon to load these in China. The ship could also be on the way already but it hasn’t been identified.
so it looks like the next ship should be on the way as I thought

Attachments

• IMG_1453.jpeg
    IMG_1453.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 60
You’re paying a lot of money and keeping this car for a while so it’s best to go with the color that speaks to you the most even if it means a longer wait, which I believe is what you chose with the blue. In terms of the induction wheels, I’m not sure how they installed them on the rwd but I wouldn’t recommend anyone in Canada getting it. The induction wheels deduct 19km in range on the long range model. The RWD already has pretty low range and you want the most you can get especially in the winter.
You're right and I just went to my Tesla Store for one more comparison look. Absolutely, the blue is for me. I'm going to keep the hitch too. I never wanted the Induction wheels for every reason there is. I originally thought of running the Gemini wheels without the covers but, even though the covers are plastic, I think they look great and high in quality so the car will stay as ordered. It's perfect.
As for the second ship, I'm not surprised. I had a used car shipped from Europe and closely watched the shipping. Those ships just do an endless loop and the cars keep coming.

Reactions: Esan na
Thanks, am hoping my EDD June 6-20 will shrink to a smaller window and stay within that range. My only concern is that I'm leaving June 18 for vacation and don't want to miss delivery date and have it pushed back another couple of months.
Looks like the ship is entering Vancouver's port on June 5th so you may be cutting it a bit close if you're in Montreal. That is unless your car is part of the first shipment in which case you should be fine.

I ordered on Apr 25 so I suspect mine might have been on Morning Caroline which just unloaded everything the last 2 days
We have the same order date, however, I ordered a Blue one which certainly means it's on the second shipment. Do you have a VIN yet?

Right now everything listed on Tesla's website in Ottawa, Montreal, Laval, and Quebec City has a factor date in May. It should be interesting to see when people in Central Canada start getting their vehicles.

We have the same order date, however, I ordered a Blue one which certainly means it's on the second shipment. Do you have a VIN yet?

Right now everything listed on Tesla's website in Ottawa, Montreal, Laval, and Quebec City has a factor date in May. It should be interesting to see when people in Central Canada start getting their vehicles.
Yes, got the VIN maybe a day or two after the ship left Shanghai

Reactions: 404 Not Found
Looks like the ship is entering Vancouver's port on June 5th so you may be cutting it a bit close if you're in Montreal. That is unless your car is part of the first shipment in which case you should be fine.
I also have a Jun5-20 window and never got a VIN yet
Wonder if I missed the boat, my order was put in March31st for a M3RWD

I can't watch another boat again, it moves so slow 😭