Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD now available. RWD+AWD now eligible for iZEV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah yes, I see this all the time for a new order. I thought you meant that it was somewhere in my account for the car that I had on order. In any case, any new one won't be an accelerated delivery for me, since I have the base white RWD without tow, so I'm probably in the first batch that will get it in Quebec anyways.
For sure and I'm guessing your EDD is still June 6th-20th?

There is a red rwd avail now
Yes I see the red one now that I checked off the "RWD box"
Screenshot_20230518-230117_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah. Possibly they reserved a few for inventory and to use as demo models. Mine probably got pushed back to the next shipment. But now it seems I've snagged a first shipment car. Hard to say for certain. We have an interesting week ahead of us.
What was your previous EDD? Mine's still June 11-30th which seems to line up with yours. Why do you think your vehicle missed the first shipment?

What was your previous EDD? Mine's still June 11-30th which seems to line up with yours. Why do you think your vehicle missed the first shipment?
Mine was and always has been June 11-30th. But the new range is June 20-30th which is a tighter window. It does line up with the June 23rd date that my rep mentioned. I'm now thinking it's actually the same car. I thought I missed the boat because so many others had May delivery estimates and I didn't. Not anymore I think. Those two blue cars could also be canceled orders, right?

Mine was and always has been June 11-30th. But the new range is June 20-30th which is a tighter window. It does line up with the June 23rd date that my rep mentioned. I'm now thinking it's actually the same car. I thought I missed the boat because so many others had May delivery estimates and I didn't. Not anymore I think. Those two blue cars could also be canceled orders, right?
I would guess they are cancelled orders.

They very well could be cancelled orders, but they've for sure brought over extra inventory. Makes sense considering the time and effort involved in getting a ship to cross the pacific. Still showing June 11-30th as of this morning for my Blue RWD Y, so I remain hopeful that I'll get it within that timeframe. The other thing it could be is cancelled orders for vehicles waiting on the dock in Shanghai, but I just can't see the demand being so great that Canada needs Chinese shipments every two weeks, but what do I know!

Reactions: 404 Not Found
I'm starting to guess that all our cars are on this ship. I can't picture another load getting to stores until July. My refreshed order is probably the most up to date of all. Switching from June 11-30 to June 20-30 means my earliest possible date has moved up but my latest possible date has not. That makes sense. Hey, maybe by updating, I screwed myself and added an extra week LOL. The variation in dates between us all might now come down to trains and especially trucks, not ships. There's a truck driver shortage and that includes car haulers. BTW, I spoke to a driver. He doesn't like hauling Teslas because they're heavy. Eight or nine MYs would certainly add up. So while it's easy to think everyone will move to my EDD range, you might not due to truck schedules. We will have to watch closely now that the ship has docked. In the coming weeks, we should watch for car carriers on the highways. Our only clue will be to look on the right rear of the cars. If there's no "Dual Motor" badge, then they're our cars. Just don't rear end the truck. Especially if the bottom rear car is blue.😉

I'm starting to guess that all our cars are on this ship. I can't picture another load getting to stores until July. My refreshed order is probably the most up to date of all. Switching from June 11-30 to June 20-30 means my earliest possible date has moved up but my latest possible date has not. That makes sense. Hey, maybe by updating, I screwed myself and added an extra week LOL. The variation in dates between us all might now come down to trains and especially trucks, not ships. There's a truck driver shortage and that includes car haulers. BTW, I spoke to a driver. He doesn't like hauling Teslas because they're heavy. Eight or nine MYs would certainly add up. So while it's easy to think everyone will move to my EDD range, you might not due to truck schedules. We will have to watch closely now that the ship has docked. In the coming weeks, we should watch for car carriers on the highways. Our only clue will be to look on the right rear of the cars. If there's no "Dual Motor" badge, then they're our cars. Just don't rear end the truck. Especially if the bottom rear car is blue.😉
You’re overthinking all this lol..all the rwd cars are on this ship..first ordered will get first delivery. I.e I ordered blue the night Tesla confirmed RWD and I’m set for second week June pickup

You’re overthinking all this lol..all the rwd cars are on this ship..first ordered will get first delivery. I.e I ordered blue the night Tesla confirmed RWD and I’m set for second week June pickup
Hopefully it's that simple. I just got a confimation email from Tesla, again in French. I'm guessing my reordered car was originally planned for a customer in Quebec who canceled. I should have left it the way it was.

I’m noticing a bunch of RWD model Y and 3 being added to inventory today, according to waiting for Tesla Build dates in May and an arrival date of June 3rd. Maybe the 2nd ship should be arriving soon to load these in China. The ship could also be on the way already but it hasn’t been identified.

Attachments

• IMG_1436.jpeg
    IMG_1436.jpeg
    296.2 KB · Views: 37