Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD now available. RWD+AWD now eligible for iZEV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a snap of Fraser Wharves, Richmond BC courtesy Tesla Model 3 Owners Club FB group. I believe this photo was taken yesterday.
IMG_8959.jpg

I got my VIN! A Tesla rep let me see the screen that shows the ship's exact location off the coast of Shanghai. It also shows the the car left the factory gate on May 13 at 8:21am with a delivery ETA of June 25 at 9:00 am. It even shows the car has 3.5 kms on the odometer and a state of charge of 50.6%.
Alright so based on this I’m guessing anyone’s car on the first ship has a delivery eta of June 11th, so about 3 weeks since the ship docked and anyone who has a vehicle on the second ship should be getting it June 25th. Ship should be here by the 4th so about 3 weeks there as well. In total 5 weeks to get a car from China to Ontario: 2 weeks for the ship to arrive and 3 weeks for it to arrive from BC.

Also it’s interesting to see how much Tesla reps know but refuse to share in most cases.

Reactions: 404 Not Found
Also it’s interesting to see how much Tesla reps know but refuse to share in most cases.
Unfortunately they have to account for the worst-case customers - people who will take a date or info as gospel and then fly off the handle if it moves - we all know the people I’m talking about. Usually it’s easier to just tell people a range and make them wait for the official delivery notification.

Those who are waiting for the second ship, your VIN should be available if you don't already have it. I never could find mine in the source code or agreement but, the Tesla rep will have it. I actually saw mine right next to my name so I know it's a sure thing. He also said all the blue cars will be on the second ship. Who know how accurate that part is? Also, if you see inventory cars listed as "Ready for Delivery", well, that's simply not true. They will arrive with our cars which seems rather obvious.

Reactions: Esan na
Those who are waiting for the second ship, your VIN should be available if you don't already have it. I never could find mine in the source code or agreement but, the Tesla rep will have it. I actually saw mine right next to my name so I know it's a sure thing. He also said all the blue cars will be on the second ship. Who know how accurate that part is? Also, if you see inventory cars listed as "Ready for Delivery", well, that's simply not true. They will arrive with our cars which seems rather obvious.
I hope it’s sooner for the 2nd ship as we will be out of town by the date 😞

So, l ordered Grey color on 24-Apr in Montreal and have EDD June 11-30. No VIN on source code page as yet. Based on order date, am I on this second shipment, you think?
I ordered white on 25-Apr in Montreal and have EDD June 6-20, and have my VIN. I think this suggests I’m on first shipment and you’re on the 2nd? Otherwise there wouldn’t be a reason not for you to have same EDD range as me?

I ordered white on 25-Apr in Montreal and have EDD June 6-20, and have my VIN. I think this suggests I’m on first shipment and you’re on the 2nd? Otherwise there wouldn’t be a reason not for you to have same EDD range as me?
Yes since we had the original edd of May 16th-30th which was then pushed to June 6th-20th close to the arrival of the ship, it only makes sense that our vehicle was on the first ship.

Yes since we had the original edd of May 16th-30th which was then pushed to June 6th-20th close to the arrival of the ship, it only makes sense that our vehicle was on the first ship.
I have the same EDD but no VIN yet
I've seen my same config on the "Available Inventory" for immediate delivery. Feels like they missed my reservation but I'm sure that's not the case or I hope not.