Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD now available. RWD+AWD now eligible for iZEV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Esan na is correct. Around 45min to do the inspection and I was doing it pretty fast as I was anxious to drive it already lol.
I'll breakdown my timeline as best i can
5min - Check-in with Tesla Rep
45min - Inspection
10min - Paperwork (This can be much faster if you don't read and just sign agreement forms)
5min - Tesla rep goes over the paper work to make sure everything is in order. Tesla rep calls the on-site insurance agent
30min - Setting up the insurance with ICBC and choosing the plates (This is probably faster if you're not a first time car owner. The agent was very thorough in explaining things to me which took up a lot of time)
10min - Handover keys and Tesla service installs plates
20min - Car orientation (I'm guessing first time Tesla owners have this)

@DuncanM I haven't charged to 100% yet. I'll update you guys once I do.

@404 Not Found Ride quality is pretty good but I don't really have a baseline since this is the first car I've owned. I was driving my parents 2011 Tucson and 2009 corolla before and I would say the MY has a much much comfortable ride but yeah not really a good comparison for decade old car models lol. Power is good, I love that when you step on the accelerator, it instantly accelerates. Again, I don't know how this compares to other EVs but I'm happy with it. With the corolla, it would take a half a second after stepping on the pedal before it moves. Road noise I can definitely hear more than the Tucson and Corolla but I don't get bothered by that so much. No squeaks, rattling or anything of the sort while driving. Hopefully stays that way. Yes, no fog lights

There was one weird thing that happened though. I was going down the parking ramp, the accelerator pedal suddenly became significantly softer. I ended up putting more pressure on the pedal than I wanted and the car sped up really fast which got my heart pumping. I'm not sure if the MY made some calibrations to the regenerative braking since it didn't happen again after that.
Thanks for that thorough breakdown of the steps! I guess it'll be a little different with Ontario as we have to already have our insurance set-up prior to delivery and AFAIK, we don't get to choose our plates. Hoping to trim the process down to 60 minutes now that I have a better idea of what to expect.

Forgot to mention, did Tesla give the option of not installing plates prior to driving off the lot? I was told by my SA that they would automatically install plates unless I brought in my own license plate bracket

Reactions: Esan na
Thanks for that thorough breakdown of the steps! I guess it'll be a little different with Ontario as we have to already have our insurance set-up prior to delivery and AFAIK, we don't get to choose our plates. Hoping to trim the process down to 60 minutes now that I have a better idea of what to expect.

Forgot to mention, did Tesla give the option of not installing plates prior to driving off the lot? I was told by my SA that they would automatically install plates unless I brought in my own license plate bracket
I was at an Ontario Tesla Store recently. There was a man there taking delivery and he was complaining that they installed the front plate even though he told them not to. There was even a sticky note on the windshield that read, "No front plate" . Someone missed it. The plate was held on with 3M tape, no drilled holes. The rep apologized and simply yanked it off, leaving no damage whatsoever. So yeah, you can request it.

It took 2 hours?! When I called in, they mentioned it would only take 30 mins lol
Planning to get window tinting done the same day
Also looking to have the windows tinted after delivery next week. What tint factor are you doing?

I just looked at Model Y at Tesla Center this morning and they already have some decent tint applied on rear door windows and rear windshield.

For front door windows, we cannot have less than 70% tint in Quebec

Also looking to have the windows tinted after delivery next week. What tint factor are you doing?

I just looked at Model Y at Tesla Center this morning and they already have some decent tint applied on rear door windows and rear windshield.

For front door windows, we cannot have less than 70% tint in Quebec
I’m going to be replacing the factory tint as I heard it offers no UV protection and is just for privacy. I guess that is why they don’t list tinted windows as a feature.

Someone posted a video of one the RWD Model Y Tesla RWD Model Y First in North America!
  • Reporting 435 KM
  • Trunk Cover
  • Premium sound
  • Premium interior
  • Floor matts
  • Matrix headlight
  • Good build quality
  • PPF
  • Front mud flaps
  • Heat pump
  • css enabled
  • No fog light
  • No HW4
The guy who did the video certainly knew what he was talking about and it now removes all doubts about what we are getting. The HW4 doesn't bother me but it does for many it seems. I'm disappointed about the fog lights. The rest is all good and the listed range is encouraging. It does line up with my thoughts about EPA ratings. I hope all you first shipment guys will continue to post your observations on the road performance of your cars.

I had quite the twist the past couple of days if any of you guys are interested.

I made a last minute change to LR from RWD since I decided for the winter, I can’t go back in time and pay an extra 10k for AWD/bigger battery since my commute is around 80km one way (all on the 401 @ ~130 kmph).

I saw the LR’s are coming from Shanghai now, which I’m fine with and prepared to wait another month or two. Turns out I got a delivery appointment next week, for one of the last Y’s that are coming from Fremont. Matrix and HW4 confirmed from VIN. Most likely gonna take it since I’d like the 531km over 497km (Panasonic cells vs LG).

I had quite the twist the past couple of days if any of you guys are interested.

I made a last minute change to LR from RWD since I decided for the winter, I can’t go back in time and pay an extra 10k for AWD/bigger battery since my commute is around 80km one way (all on the 401 @ ~130 kmph).

I saw the LR’s are coming from Shanghai now, which I’m fine with and prepared to wait another month or two. Turns out I got a delivery appointment next week, for one of the last Y’s that are coming from Fremont. Matrix and HW4 confirmed from VIN. Most likely gonna take it since I’d like the 531km over 497km (Panasonic cells vs LG).
Great choice making the switch, you got pretty lucky with the quick delivery date, older ncm battery and HW4!

Reactions: LeFrankeh
I don't plan to buy EAP or FSD - out of my budget.

Is park assist included with AP ?
If you mean auto-park, then no. But visual and sound
I’m going to be replacing the factory tint as I heard it offers no UV protection and is just for privacy. I guess that is why they don’t list tinted windows as a feature.
how do you know the tint from Tesla doesn’t offer any UV protection?