Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess we're just unlucky and they predicted everyone would most pick another colour. You ordered a whole month before me, so I expect I may be still a little way down the queue.

Meanwhile keep seeing people on this thread ordering a week (-ish) ago and getting VIN already. Dammit Tesla!
Hopefully you hear in a couple weeks. But yeah that's why I made another order :rolleyes: they've really messed people about.
Model 3 mid 2019 deliveries were fairer and far less frustrating.

I ordered 15th October at 4am for this spec in Glasgow. I have a VIN, but no delivery window.
I also ordered on 26th Jan (because so many in Jan got dates for Day 1 delivery events) for Black/Black/20 set as Southampton, got a VIN and a date range of 26th Feb - 12th March :rolleyes: The VINs for both of these came in at the very same time this week, the second order has a VIN that is 500 digits higher.

I suspect my Glasgow one doesn't have a date because I have a Trade-in (not sure they're rushing to take trade-ins), maybe they'll take the VIN away. Where as my Southampton order is Cash.

Others in Glasgow that got VINs and dates on the same day as me have a delivery window of 27th Feb - 13th March. So I am hoping I get a text soon to pick a delivery day, if it's in that window I'll keep it, but if it's a week or two later I will go and get the one in Southampton instead and cancel the Blue/Black/19. Almost definitely on SFL Composer based on when I got both of these VINs, which was when it left Singapore (refuelling?)
My Glasgow delivery is 3-17 February. Bought 15 October LR MSM 19" Gemini cash no trade in.

Wewantyourcar were reasonable. Even though I found my car on sale in Birmingham for twice the price I sold it for in London 🤔
Webuyanycar were useless...con artists from my experience. My car was assessed by someone just of nappies and didn't have a car of their own.....they knocked off 25 percent of the price offered on the internet for no reason at all...offered more by wewantyourcar and reasonably painless sale in about 1 hour..
They come to you as well.

Motorway are pretty good when I sold my last car. Price agreed over the phone, dealer came themselves, picked it up and paid. No haggling or hassle.

At the prices Tesla are offering at the moment though I couldn't turn them down this time..
Agree. I just sold my 12 year old Audi Q5 last week via Motorway and could not fault the experience. Offered £1.7K more than Tesla trade-in and £1K more than WBAC. The WBAC experience was disappointing with an inflated internet quote to draw customers in followed by excessive reductions for minor damage to the bodywork.

The dealer who turned up via Motorway was great. He promptly paid and took the car away without any further haggling. I would certainly give Motorway your consideration.

Reactions: Campi
I tried different websites to quote for the insurance, the price is crazy like minimum £1700+.
Is that normal? My current insurance with MG ZS EV(£28000 worth) is around £700.
Same. My M3LR insurance with Peugeot is 480, but MYLR comes cheapest from Direct Line at £880, and that’s with a crazy total excess of £750. But I console myself that eventually more insurers will start quoting and we could then just move the insurer.

Reactions: haohaohao
For people selling cars via carwow, WBAC, Motorway etc how early did you start the process in selling your current car? My Y is being delivered on 2 March and I need my current car until then. Just wondering if now is too early to start the process? I really want to avoid the logistical issue of shuffling three cars around a two car driveway and sorting extra insurance.

For people selling cars via carwow, WBAC, Motorway etc how early did you start the process in selling your current car? My Y is being delivered on 2 March and I need my current car until then. Just wondering if now is too early to start the process? I really want to avoid the logistical issue of shuffling three cars around a two car driveway and sorting extra insurance.
I started process last week and now have PO through to arrange collection for next week. I’d suggest a couple of weeks prior to delivery as dealers are usually ok to wait a week or so. Note with motorway you need to take photos via their app and can’t just upload photos previously taken. I listed through carwow first then had to reclean to take motorway photos.

Reactions: Zanbar
Did anyone try out the Trade-In Valuation ? I have heard Tesla give out a good value for your existing car. It would make my life so much easier if I could just drive to them in my existing car, hand it over to them and came out with a shiny new Tesla.

Yep I did. Tesla offered me £11,000. Then decided to try WBAC and was initially offered £12,250. Went to the appointment and ended up with £9,500. 😱 Back to Tesla to accept the offer but stupidly managed to delete it instead. CS put the car details back on my account but needed a new valuation. 10 days later I was offered £12,000 😀. Managed to click the correct button this time to accept (have to upload V5C first).