Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to Tesla in Trafford and have booked a test drive.

From a lease company they have sent a VIN and said that delivery/collection options will be given to me and to expect it between 17th Feb and 3rd March.

CS inside this collection site in Trafford were on the whole, indifferent, but said (probably what we know), no parcel shelf and no info as to any potential retro fit.

First time I've spent some time around it and I was pleasantly surprised by the height and how imposing I imagine it will be on the road; comparable to the MX.

I took a pic of it next to my Q8 for a height comparison; MY is only just smaller, which I'll take (though with the Gemini's, I imagine more so)

Attachments

• E8CEDBE0-0E90-4032-B94C-F054362A8078.jpeg
    E8CEDBE0-0E90-4032-B94C-F054362A8078.jpeg
    437.9 KB · Views: 100
  • D1858F18-AFC6-4865-BB9F-5231DAF24770.jpeg
    D1858F18-AFC6-4865-BB9F-5231DAF24770.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 56
Anyone ordered blue/black/19(geminis) through a leaseco, and received a VIN and/or delivery or collection date yet?

Ordered Nov 12th (received RN on 15th) through work ss scheme. Still nothing... 🤔

Pinning hopes on the SFL Composer (see shipping thread) after the videos showed a lot less white and a lot more colour variant Ys on the docks ready for loading...

Reactions: Stuart1979
It’s a fair query. I went with a 3LR and always regretted not getting the P. I got the LR because of the tow bar but never used it.

The acceleration gap between the YLR and P is greater than the gap between the 3LR and P. I don’t think I would want a Y that’s slower than my 3LR.
I would have got the performance Y if it had been £5k, like they are charging in most other countries but at £10k I find it hard to justify as I am mostly interested in the acceleration difference which currently in the 3 I find difficult to use in day to day driving, so the car is just driven equivalent to a LR most of the time.

Anyone ordered blue/black/19(geminis) through a leaseco, and received a VIN and/or delivery or collection date yet?

Ordered Nov 12th (received RN on 15th) through work ss scheme. Still nothing... 🤔

Pinning hopes on the SFL Composer (see shipping thread) after the videos showed a lot less white and a lot more colour variant Ys on the docks ready for loading...
Not via leaseco, but that’s my build too and I’m still waiting on a VIN.

I ordered 15th October at 4am for this spec in Glasgow. I have a VIN, but no delivery window.
I also ordered on 26th Jan (because so many in Jan got dates for Day 1 delivery events) for Black/Black/20 set as Southampton, got a VIN and a date range of 26th Feb - 12th March :rolleyes: The VINs for both of these came in at the very same time this week, the second order has a VIN that is 500 digits higher.

I suspect my Glasgow one doesn't have a date because I have a Trade-in (not sure they're rushing to take trade-ins), maybe they'll take the VIN away. Where as my Southampton order is Cash.

Others in Glasgow that got VINs and dates on the same day as me have a delivery window of 27th Feb - 13th March. So I am hoping I get a text soon to pick a delivery day, if it's in that window I'll keep it, but if it's a week or two later I will go and get the one in Southampton instead and cancel the Blue/Black/19. Almost definitely on SFL Composer based on when I got both of these VINs, which was when it left Singapore (refuelling?)

First time poster, long time reader.

I ordered my MYLR 10am on day one. I received a text from Tesla about the special delivery event and the day after my order has been transferred to Lex Autolease. I think because I ordered myself and passed the order over I've been lucky and am still going to collect the car on the 19th in Southampton however other than me calling CS I've had no actual confirmation of delivery date.

Regarding insurance, I'm 27, 10 years driving, 10 years NCD. Admiral and DL were both £1100, dropping to £800 for Admiral and £900 for DL when adding my partner. More than I'm paying on my current car but less than £1k so I'm happy, despite being expensive...

Reactions: haohaohao
I would have got the performance Y if it had been £5k, like they are charging in most other countries but at £10k I find it hard to justify as I am mostly interested in the acceleration difference which currently in the 3 I find difficult to use in day to day driving, so the car is just driven equivalent to a LR most of the time.
If I had gone LR, I would of also gone for a colour. Probs blue. With a white interior for a change. But that’s eating into the difference between a LR and P, as I don’t mind white with black interior. I do like those uberturbines. They look expensive. But yes, £5k between LR and P would be a harder decision for many. Still £65k v the competition isn’t bad, like for like spec wise, but much quicker and better range.

Reactions: Rooster6655
I ordered 15th October at 4am for this spec in Glasgow. I have a VIN, but no delivery window.
I also ordered on 26th Jan (because so many in Jan got dates for Day 1 delivery events) for Black/Black/20 set as Southampton, got a VIN and a date range of 26th Feb - 12th March :rolleyes: The VINs for both of these came in at the very same time this week, the second order has a VIN that is 500 digits higher.

I suspect my Glasgow one doesn't have a date because I have a Trade-in (not sure they're rushing to take trade-ins), maybe they'll take the VIN away. Where as my Southampton order is Cash.

Others in Glasgow that got VINs and dates on the same day as me have a delivery window of 27th Feb - 13th March. So I am hoping I get a text soon to pick a delivery day, if it's in that window I'll keep it, but if it's a week or two later I will go and get the one in Southampton instead and cancel the Blue/Black/19. Almost definitely on SFL Composer based on when I got both of these VINs, which was when it left Singapore (refuelling?)
Guess we're just unlucky and they predicted everyone would most pick another colour. You ordered a whole month before me, so I expect I may be still a little way down the queue.

Meanwhile keep seeing people on this thread ordering a week (-ish) ago and getting VIN already. Dammit Tesla!