Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am with Rivervale and no update past 'probably March'.

Little disappointing as my order with Tesla was in late Oct (converted to lease in Jan).

Yeah I'm also a bit disappointed as quite a few on here have ordered after and been given definite delivery/collection dates. Zenith have been really poor with communication. I had to chase for the RN number and I can't even speak to Tesla as they say Zenith still need to complete the lease authorisation which they claim they already have lol

Question for people as they are picking up their new babies - could you please give some feed back on % charge? I saw one thread response mention battery sitting at 65% but a Model 3 owner later mentioned having charge at 35%. Any info would be good so we can plan our road trip out of Southampton.

I would have loved to pickup from Bluewater but Southampton suits better even with a big drive there and back. Just a bit of a big step for a completely new first time Tesla owner.

Question for people as they are picking up their new babies - could you please give some feed back on % charge? I saw one thread response mention battery sitting at 65% but a Model 3 owner later mentioned having charge at 35%. Any info would be good so we can plan our road trip out of Southampton.

I would have loved to pickup from Bluewater but Southampton suits better even with a big drive there and back. Just a bit of a big step for a completely new first time Tesla owner.
Don't worry about it.

Just put in your destination when you collect and the car will do the rest. It'll work out your route, where to stop and how long to charge.

They told me they guaranteed between 30-40% and current charge was at 64% as of yesterday. I don’t know if that 64% is live or just a general estimate…

I haven’t received mine yet and I have the same EDD.

Finally had a text from Tesla saying the car is on the way and estimated delivery window of 2-16 March. We ordered in October.

How long did it take others to get a definite date after this text??

JFYI
I have same EDD of 2-16 March.
I got my VIN and EDD on 3/Feb (no sms but online)
8 days later, I've yet to have no further comms to actually book/select a confirmed date in that range.

Last edited:
Reactions: thewanted
Just had a call from Tesla re: Collection from Duxford;

Russell informed me;

1) They aim to hand the car over to you with "at least" 100 miles range on it and asked if that would be enough, I said yes to that as I live much closer.

2) I asked about bringing the V750 along to register it on private plates from day 1 and he's going to call back. He was going to check they had technicians available to fit the plates (I have them made up already), Although I said I could fit them myself it not. Maybe they have to (legally) confirm that they are on the vehicle before hand over. Maybe they won't do it. Who knows?

3) He said there will be a presentation that lasts about half an hour. Hmmm mysterious...

4) If you've paid in full - no need to bring "proof of wire transfer".

5) No need to bring proof of insurance.

6) If you're picking up for someone else and it's been approved by Tesla by email then just need your own driving licence. They just need to make sure they are giving the car to the right person.

Thats it for now. Will update if I hear more.

UPDATE (Edit: Got a reply and a couple other useful points I forgot from the phone call added above) :

Hi,
Just had it confirmed from one of my colleagues, sorry to disappoint, we will not be able to change the plates on delivery, the V5 will arrive to you by post 5 days after delivery, you will then be able to make the change.
Regards
Russell

Last edited:
Yeah I'm also a bit disappointed as quite a few on here have ordered after and been given definite delivery/collection dates. Zenith have been really poor with communication. I had to chase for the RN number and I can't even speak to Tesla as they say Zenith still need to complete the lease authorisation which they claim they already have lol
Trying to comfort myself that unfortunately this is part of the Telsa/Lease experience (I am new to both).

I am used to past ICE new car purchase experiences where you can track (questionably how accurately) from putting the money down.

There seemingly are more ships on route so I am hopeful that it will happen in March and it will be worth the wait. Though some of the stories where individuals ordered Jan (even early Feb) and have dates is a little annoying (for me at least, happy for them).

Trying to comfort myself that unfortunately this is part of the Telsa/Lease experience (I am new to both).

I am used to past ICE new car purchase experiences where you can track (questionably how accurately) from putting the money down.

There seemingly are more ships on route so I am hopeful that it will happen in March and it will be worth the wait. Though some of the stories where individuals ordered Jan (even early Feb) and have dates is a little annoying (for me at least, happy for them).

I've leased for many years now but first time ordering a Tesla. Comms has never been great in my previous experiences either to be honest as the trackers wouldn't update etc but in those scenarios it was a factory order so car being built for my actual order vs being matched against something already built.

I don't mind to be honest but yeah its only because I'm reading people on here ordering later but having confirmed delivery/collection slots that's made me enquire about mine.

Reactions: Roarr and dog299
I ordered a set...they arrived today and seem a good quality
I’d expect so for a bit of plastic covered in material that used to come free. I‘m holding off ordering as someone mentioned they may have discounted accessories at the “special” events. Oh and i think everyone picking up from the special events also gets a free parcel shelf. :D