Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Lucky J update on this. I was in the Tesla showroom this morning test driving the Y. I got them to look up my RN number and it was showing as an estimated delivery of 03/03/21 but no car allocated. Reason is they are still waiting for Zenith to send the lease authorisation! I spoke to Zenith 2 weeks ago and they said they’d already sorted it back then. So I called them straight away, got put on hold for a bit and then was asked if I’d completed my license check which I did back in December. They said they’ll sort the authorisation today so I’ll chase again tomorrow. Poor from Zenith and really frustrating.
Thanks for the update. I had a similar discussion with Zenith at the end of last week, they had not completed the final check on my driving licence after several weeks. Now when I speak to Tesla, they say they are not authorized to speak with me, so maybe I have upset someone, as before they did not seem to mind telling me things

This is a lottttt!

Expensive yes, but you get what you pay for I guess. I was clear on what I wanted black rims + 19" wheels. I looked at powder coating and other cheaper covers, but I felt nothing came closer to the quality and looks (subjective, I know!) of these Rimetrix Laminar covers. So I just went ahead and bought them. They will probably be available for delivery to UK directly in future and I estimate them to be around £300-320 with delivery. So I may have spent 50 quid more, but hey I will have them from Day 1!

This is what I ordered Laminar Black - Set of 4 Wheel Covers which I got delivered via MyUS.com. The whole process took just a week. The trims cost £235.43 and the MyUS.com cost £139.00 (as they charge the VAT) so a total of £374.43 for the set and therefore £93.61 a corner. Have to say, they look amazing but my only concern is, what happened if one gets damaged? It’s not exactly easy or cheap to get another. I must be mad. It‘s a lot to spend on plastic!
That's more or less what I paid (I need to see how much it is converted to in £) - I paid all in USD because I have a card which offers good deals on foreign currency. But yes, if you damage one of them, getting a replacement will again cost. A risk I was aware of. But hoping I do not damage them or may be add some sort of rim protectors on top of these plastics :D

Thanks for the update. I had a similar discussion with Zenith at the end of last week, they had not completed the final check on my driving licence after several weeks. Now when I speak to Tesla, they say they are not authorized to speak with me, so maybe I have upset someone, as before they did not seem to mind telling me things
That might mean progress then. I am not authorised to talk with Tesla and my ID docs were approved and finance all approved by Lex on Feb 11th. I thought Tesla refusing to talk to me was a bad thing but maybe it’s just a sign that it’s progressed further. I was told today that Tesla won’t be authorised to talk to me until I have the car.

Took the bull by the horns and changed my order from performance (order placed on day 1, delivery pushed out to late 2022) to LR. Immediately got request for trade in photos! Hopefully I won’t be too far behind you guys
I kept my P order as I might swap over at the end of the year. Ordered a LR last Wednesday, when it was still showing as March delivery. Trade in done and accepted the next day. Still showing March as estimated delivery. No further info yet.

Reactions: Carrickal
if you dont want the Y, at least take delivery and sell immediately. You will be in for (probably) a few thousands in immediate profit.

Top MEMEage!

To be fair, £350 for some plastic wheel trims is nuts...
Especially as they can only be seen by others. Don't understand the thinking tbh, just a set of wheel covers. But hey everyone has their thing.

I am 11am tomorrow. Anyone getting one earlier than that?
Bristol is only 11:00 and 11:30 appointments. Drove around there yesterday (Sunday) as I was in the area and there was nothing to see in terms of outside preparations (or any cars). I have been told by Tesla peeps both 40 and 50 in terms of numbers.
His jet hasn't moved from Austin in last 2 days, so it's not looking good for a personal handover of that flamethrower :(
See you there!

I will be posting any updates with "DELIVERY EVENT SPOILER ALERT!"

Interesting chat with CS a few moments ago regarding my 19th Feb Pick up in Southampton. The car arrived today on Viking Bravery. I had assumed it arrived a few days ago on Hyperion Ray. He checked and confirmed it has 70% Charge ....... happy days might just about get me home!
That ties with what someone told me in the week. They said it hadn’t arrived yet the day after HR got here.