Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are no mud flaps just PPF - no rear double glazing same as demo cars.

Got bored of waiting as delivery is at 11:00 but it’s not that’s just when they check you in still a lot of blah blah

The demo cars had double glazing... it's just a very thin lamination. Got a pick?

Also, the mud flaps are usually only installed at the front if they have PPF on the rear arches. Looks like the red in the picture has front flaps. Is that not the case?

The demo cars had double glazing... it's just a very thin lamination. Got a pick?

Also, the mud flaps are usually only installed at the front if they have PPF on the rear arches. Looks like the red in the picture has front flaps. Is that not the case?
image.jpg No shelf

image.jpg
Rear

... and no sign of the supporting sections you can see from the Hong Kong pics to enable a parcel shelf being supplied by/purchased from Tesla after the fact. OK, onto third party solutions. Has anyone found a third party parcel shelf that more solid - akin to the ones shown in the Hong Kong pics vs the roller style ones I see being shown around earlier in the thread.

Reactions: Bunes
... and no sign of the supporting sections you can see from the Hong Kong pics to enable a parcel shelf being supplied by/purchased from Tesla after the fact. OK, onto third party solutions. Has anyone found a third party parcel shelf that more solid - akin to the ones shown in the Hong Kong pics vs the roller style ones I see being shown around earlier in the thread.
Was the Hong kong images not debuked as fake?

Had no luck searching for this but based on the pictures I’ve seen it doesn’t look like it would be hard to design. I did come across this solution in the US - ModelYShelf

Reactions: drewpost
I ordered a MYLR white on lease (standard spec) via Riverdale/Lex in mid November, told to expect delivery Feb 2022. By late January, lease prices had come down a lot, so I cancelled my original order and re-ordered through Gateway2Lease/Lex, with an expected delivery date of March 2022. Same spec, saved just over £4k over the four year lease. Ordered end of Jan, finance approved (well, swapped from one Lex account to another) on 8th Feb and was told:
  • In approx. mid Feb you will be matched to a vehicle coming over on a vessel – you wont hear anything from Tesla until then.
  • Tesla will contact you directly through a text message to arrange a delivery date once your order has been matched, please be advise they will require you to reply to the text message.
  • The ETA at the moment is showing March 2022
I received an initial text from Tesla on 1st Feb "Congraulations... we've received your Model Y order from your leasing company.. we will contact you once your delivery is available to be scheduled", which included the RN number. This I thought was good, as I never received any text from my first order with Riverdale.

So far so good. Last week I was replied to the text, asking if they could give me a rough idea of delivery, hoping to get 'early March' or 'mid March'. 8 days later, they replied and said 'deliveres for the Model Y are due approximately May or June 2022'. Eeek! Not the answer I was hoping for! Starting to panic now, as my current car (Volvo XC40 Twin Recharge) goes back at the end of March. I'm hoping their reply was generic and not specific to my RN, but I've emailed Gateway2Lease to check... Serves me right for switching deals...
I am with Riverdale - signed up in January and converted an existing Tesla order.

I am only being told 'probably March', my online account still says March but no news on VIN yet

The ones I've seen include these supports. They're plastic pieces with 3M adhesive on the back that attach to the body work.
Not seen any for sale in the UK other than the ones that assume the supports exist, all chinese imports where presumably they have them.

It'll get better but for now there's no safe way to buy a parcel shelf as you don't know what it's designed to fit in.