Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MYLR white on lease (standard spec) via Riverdale/Lex in mid November, told to expect delivery Feb 2022. By late January, lease prices had come down a lot, so I cancelled my original order and re-ordered through Gateway2Lease/Lex, with an expected delivery date of March 2022. Same spec, saved just over £4k over the four year lease. Ordered end of Jan, finance approved (well, swapped from one Lex account to another) on 8th Feb and was told:
  • In approx. mid Feb you will be matched to a vehicle coming over on a vessel – you wont hear anything from Tesla until then.
  • Tesla will contact you directly through a text message to arrange a delivery date once your order has been matched, please be advise they will require you to reply to the text message.
  • The ETA at the moment is showing March 2022
I received an initial text from Tesla on 1st Feb "Congraulations... we've received your Model Y order from your leasing company.. we will contact you once your delivery is available to be scheduled", which included the RN number. This I thought was good, as I never received any text from my first order with Riverdale.

So far so good. Last week I was replied to the text, asking if they could give me a rough idea of delivery, hoping to get 'early March' or 'mid March'. 8 days later, they replied and said 'deliveres for the Model Y are due approximately May or June 2022'. Eeek! Not the answer I was hoping for! Starting to panic now, as my current car (Volvo XC40 Twin Recharge) goes back at the end of March. I'm hoping their reply was generic and not specific to my RN, but I've emailed Gateway2Lease to check... Serves me right for switching deals...

So far so good. Last week I was replied to the text, asking if they could give me a rough idea of delivery, hoping to get 'early March' or 'mid March'. 8 days later, they replied and said 'deliveres for the Model Y are due approximately May or June 2022'. Eeek! Not the answer I was hoping for! Starting to panic now, as my current car (Volvo XC40 Twin Recharge) goes back at the end of March. I'm hoping their reply was generic and not specific to my RN, but I've emailed Gateway2Lease to check... Serves me right for switching deals...
It sounds like a generic reply to a new order query, certainly back when you ordered the website was estimating March delivery. See what the lease company says, otherwise get on the online chat with Tesla.

For all those still looking for insurance and also GAP insurance, make sure to look at Novo. I've been with them for a few years now. One of the biggest reasons is that the policies they sell are agreed value vs the standard current depreciated value model. So you put the price of the car at invoice as the agreed value. I've found the prices to be very close to what the standard insurers were quoting and cheaper when I looked at a GAP policy on top of a "standard" insurance policy.

Did you have a vin matched Prior to ringing? I've been given a date between 2 -19th March and wondering to ring them? Or just wait out a bit longer.
Yes I have since start of Feb. I was in an earlier batch however since my collection choices were from 15th Feb to 3rd March. I wanted a 22 plate and still in the process of shifting my M3.

Bristol car collection is outside in the rain - good luck finding any paint defects !

image.jpg