Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So have all the previously ordered MYP's been delayed until "Late 2022" due to Belin?

If so what are the chances we'll get 4680 cars?
It’s not clear if all YP’s have been delayed until ‘late 22’ or just those from when the date slipped. Still some uncertainty regarding when Berlin will start production. They should of already, so it’s possible all YP’s to the UK could be delayed. Order books in other countries earmarked for cars from Berlin have been open longer, so the UK will be last to be fulfilled.

Offered direct delivery at home, on 4th March, instead of Bluewater collection. Does anyone have any experience with this type of delivery from Tesla? I am concerned that if there is anything wrong with the car like usb ports not working, paint issue, etc, there is no support from Tesla. I appreciate any input as I am in panic mode about this delivery.
Hi I have the same concern and spoke to Tesla CS yesterday. They told me the delivery people are 3rd party and won’t have any knowledge of the car apart from how to get it off the delivery vehicle. They told me to check it thoroughly and make sure u read the manual in terms of how to drive it. If there’s any problems, call them and they’ll sort it. Reading a few threads here Tesla seem to be good in sorting problems from delivery/pick up. They told me how much battery my car has and told me someone woukd call that morning to finalise details - delivering it to my home isn’t an option because of access to I’ll arrange to meet them somewhere. Does that help?

Thanks UrbanSplash and Judgeji.
Its just RN. I booked only in early Jan 2022 , expecting a waiting time of at least 6 months and a 22 plate.
So , if I keep quiet now and make payment only by March, I should get a 22 plate?
If you ordered a Y in Jan, if you’re in the UK, it would of been for delivery in March. If you’ve not had a date range given, or have a VIN, it’s likely you now won’t take delivery before March. It will come sometime in March and be a 22 plate.

Hi I have the same concern and spoke to Tesla CS yesterday. They told me the delivery people are 3rd party and won’t have any knowledge of the car apart from how to get it off the delivery vehicle. They told me to check it thoroughly and make sure u read the manual in terms of how to drive it. If there’s any problems, call them and they’ll sort it. Reading a few threads here Tesla seem to be good in sorting problems from delivery/pick up. They told me how much battery my car has and told me someone woukd call that morning to finalise details - delivering it to my home isn’t an option because of access to I’ll arrange to meet them somewhere. Does that help?
No need to panic. Regardless of how you get your car, if there are issues you simply log them in the Tesla app and they get sorted. Unless of course there is something fundamentally wrong and you don’t want to accept delivery. If that’s the case don’t sign for it.

From experience picking up from a Tesla location, they are pretty keen to get rid of you. You can log issues with them, or do it when you get home and have had a good look at the car.

A question for anyone trading in or who has traded in an ICE car with Tesla before. Is there a minimum amount of petrol that needs to be left in the tank? Ideally I'd like to drift in with 1 mile of petrol left (I consider this pay back for the Parcel Shelf, and Tesla aren't paying me for the petrol, just the car) but obviously I understand that there may be a minimum amount stated somewhere that I haven't seen...
I suppose if your happy with you MY having a range of 10 miles when you pick it up?

• Funny
Reactions: Terry F

Attachments

• Stick-On-Number-plates_1200x.jpg
    Stick-On-Number-plates_1200x.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: ukmy
Being my first Tesla and electric car, I think I would be keen to be at the Tesla center rather. Also my road is narrow and a truck with cars will not go through. Not keen to get it in the middle of a road either. However main issue for me is timing. As I would need to know ahead when the car will be delivered in order to clear my outlook even for 1hr. I think they should be able to provide either a morning or afternoon estimation.
Will call them today to see if collection can happen another day.