Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if in opening up the super chargers and potentially using the cash to accelerate building out the charging infrastructure, they end up slashing the cost to use them for Tesla users?
Tesla have never looked to reduce the costs for customers. They focus on maintaining crazy margins.

Free supercharger use > Pay per use
A year premium connectivity > 1 month free
Commando connector included > not included
Cheaper MIC cost > price increases

Yet you still buy the car

Correct, but because I was between a rock and a hard place at that point. In this instance my time was more important to me than changing horses. And right now I didn't consider that any other horse suited my needs, nor was readily available.

I expect they made a mistake. Perhaps why the first person never replied to me ... maybe that person is ousted. So I'm not entitled to the offer they made me; assuming that is the case then they should have said that sooner, not made promises they would then not keep.

I'm annoyed as I lost a better trade in deal (but would have had extra hassle to pick up the car without dropping off a trade-in), but that was not a loss I considered significant.

But the principle of having been treated badly remains, and I have a long memory. It would have cost them very little to make me an offer of some sort ... a cost to them to do that, and a cost of not doing it. Tesla have clearly decided the profit from the first exceeds the damage from the second.

I think VW have done a good job of how they have gone about skateboard-design for the ID-series. But the boss clearly still has major pushback from his fellow directors - head-in-sand. VW shafted me over Dieselgate; their crisis-management was to pay $Billions in compensation in USA but to say they had done nothing wrong in Europe. Two-faced, and lying and cheating to boot. So I'm never ever buying anything from them, or their stable, again. Had several Blue Motions in a row ... until 2015 when, shafted, I looked for a green alternative and discovered Tesla. VW did me that favour at least ...

But I expect I will wind up like my parents. Bought their first house, fell out with the plumber after a bit and used another nearby. Fell out with them ... and after a couple of decades was back with the first one ... no further viable choice left.

A lot will depend on how viable the alternatives are, when I next need a car - that's several years away

Will be interesting to see the point at which Tesla moves to Service-first ... when they get past being able to sell all they can make.

I do not understand the hate on Tesla. Sure, they are not perfect..we know that.

However, we need to remember they are revolutionaries....they have completly changed the car industry...both in technology and processes.

There has been nothing comparable to Tesla in terms of a car company coming to market for the past 100 years.

They have also removed the need to deal with dealerships who are happy to give you a coffee and biscuits with a nice chair to sit in but charge you thousands more for the car for having this privilege.

Plus the yearly need to pay them 100s or 1000s of pounds a year for services and/or work on cars that can be done cheaply elsewhere.

I have given feedback to Tesla saying that they need to communicate better with their customers. Also, if they are going to clean the cars then they should do it properly.

The rest I am more than happy with....dealing directly with them than a dealership and their sales teams.

Human nature is to have the best of both worlds and not the disadvantages...well we can't.

Be happy and accept the car and service from Tesla or go somewhere else...but why be miserable?

Morning all,

Opened up the tow hatch in the bumper to see what was behind it (I am a curious tyoe)

Mystery solved, there is nothing :confused:

Have booked Rooi (red) in for a tow ball at Crawley SC on the 25th

Have a great day and thanks very much to all of you for the journey I have started, the support and suggestions have been well received.

Now off for a little drive :cool:

Regards,

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_4242.JPG
    IMG_4242.JPG
    441.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4243.JPG
    IMG_4243.JPG
    283 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: dangrenade
Morning all,

Opened up the tow hatch in the bumper to see what was behind it (I am a curious tyoe)

Mystery solved, there is nothing :confused:

Have booked Rooi (red) in for a tow ball at Crawley SC on the 25th

Have a great day and thanks very much to all of you for the journey I have started, the support and suggestions have been well received.

Now off for a little drive :cool:

Regards,

Steve
Great stuff, should make it a lot easier to fit my kick sensor than on the Model 3!

Reactions: hairysteve
Mine too, pick up tomorrow from sunny Manchester
Collected car from Trafford centre yesterday. Very busy but straight forward. Traded in BMW X5. Didn’t even look it over. Had a couple of issues with MY. Scratch on the plastic in the frunk they sprayed some plastic cleaner which seems to have worked. Once we got home noticed a scratch on the dash board top. Going to raise a service for this today. Had major range anxiety driving home back to Sheffield. Car had 27% charge. Got to the supercharger at Barnsley with 6%. First EV and quite scary watching the range drop climbing over the Pennines. Overall first impressions are amazing. Dropped psi to 42 from 51. Need to find solution for rear seat beats hitting the plastic without having to plug them in. Currently on granny charger with a trip to Alton towers this today.
Collect mine Tuesday from trafford will be checking very carefully at 60k what colour did u go for hope u enjoy ur car i live 15 minutes from alton towers nice drive

Be happy and accept the car and service from Tesla or go somewhere else...but why be miserable?
I don't really see anyone being miserable but more telling the truth which is helpful for others less experienced who expect Tesla to deliver a luxury customer service experience when the reality is that its more a no frills service to cut down on expenses

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Email to DeliveryGB saying "I don't know if this is just an automated chase, but price has not changed"

3 days from collection: instruction from DevlieryGB quote “Please accept this and it should be revised on our end. If not I'll make sure to have it fixed. Apologies for the messy workarounds, this is a new process we are trialling. ”)

2 days from collection email (from a specific person) "We will not be honouring that offer"
Sounds like a classic bait and switch but I expect just down to more incompetence and the left hoof not knowing what the right one is doing, most definitely never trust what their people say unless its been confirmed in writing by several people and then certified. Thanks for the update though!

based on similar over the years as new models have come out I think that is very likely ... no idea what your legal position would be though.

Been reading similar for years. Seems likely that would be the case, but it hasn't happened yet. Tesla keep jacking up the price (to keep delivery times short-ish, competitors who are maintaining price now have 2+ year waits).

My view is that Tesla has 20% margin, their competitors no doubt jealous of that, but it means Tesla can drop price significantly as a demand lever. Pickup truck and Juggernaut "tractor" are late, so they are stretched on "new models" (although maybe they are late in order to leap-frog to new battery cells, which would put them back in pole position ...). OTA updates keep coming out with new features, and gimmicks, which make their competitors look like dinosaurs (and established brands, with "everything outsourced", have a nightmare of integration in order to be agile on OTA improvements ... or they need to bring that back in-house, and there is a significant lead time for that.)

Yes, I think that too ... but ... Tesla have a huge Supercharger network, they say (pinch of salt on timing, if not intention) they will use money raised to expand it rapidly. Without doubt they could do that ... they must be manufacturing more charger-stalls than any other brand, and they have battery knowhow for any sites where they need to reduce peak (which attracts penalty payments). Other charger brands are already buying Tesla batteries for that job!

Opening Superchargers is also likely to make all the government money available to them ... I can see them cleaning up on Road Charging. I have never charged at Ionity. Theoretically a bit faster, but tiny number of stalls so I assume likely to be busy (and adhoc price is horrendous without a monthly subscription - no Tesla owner is going to need that!!). No idea how likes of Ionity are going to ramp up expanding sites - 4 stalls then add 4 more has got to be expensive) whereas Tesla has been braver in putting in a significant number of stalls from pretty much the start (and latterly either sites close together, dozens of stalls, or both)

Tesla want me to let them control my PowerWall, so they can discharge to grid at "peak" for premium price. In return they will sell me power at 11p / kWh 24/7 - something like a 60% discount on the rest of the market. I can see them cleaning up on that too ...

Time will tell of course ...
I hope so. I have been on TEP for a couple of years now - absolutely a no brainer - lots of GO people disagree but with TEP you can take no actions at all. If you make a mistake with GO it can really cost you dear.

I do not understand the hate on Tesla. Sure, they are not perfect..we know that.

However, we need to remember they are revolutionaries....they have completly changed the car industry...both in technology and processes.

There has been nothing comparable to Tesla in terms of a car company coming to market for the past 100 years.

They have also removed the need to deal with dealerships who are happy to give you a coffee and biscuits with a nice chair to sit in but charge you thousands more for the car for having this privilege.

Plus the yearly need to pay them 100s or 1000s of pounds a year for services and/or work on cars that can be done cheaply elsewhere.

I have given feedback to Tesla saying that they need to communicate better with their customers. Also, if they are going to clean the cars then they should do it properly.

The rest I am more than happy with....dealing directly with them than a dealership and their sales teams.

Human nature is to have the best of both worlds and not the disadvantages...well we can't.

I'm not miserable all. I am saying that Tesla need to sort their front end customer service....they have enough people they are just not properly trained to interface with customers. It costs them nothing to put this right. It also would cost them nothing to prepare cars better for handover, the final check is really not consistent enough and the customers are suffering from Tesla setting quarter end targets to be met often by disgruntling Customers, rather than great performance by the Team at Tesla.
Has absolutely got nothing to do with their revolutionary approach to the industry which I like and applaud, they are clearly short of training on how to properly interface with Customers, to show respect, to not lie, give false info and fob off Customers and to treat people decently. It really isn't rocket science.
I don't know if this is just a Tesla UK problem. If it is one appointment in the UK could put it right. If it is universal an appointment at Tesla could put it right.
We understand what the problem is but in my case after buying 4 Teslas their approach is deteriorating as they grow the numbers. They are not taking our valid criticisms seriously. If they do not change over next couple of years whilst they have an undoubtedly better product than the opposition, they will regret it in the longer term.

I'm not miserable all. I am saying that Tesla need to sort their front end customer service....they have enough people they are just not properly trained to interface with customers. It costs them nothing to put this right. It also would cost them nothing to prepare cars better for handover, the final check is really not consistent enough and the customers are suffering from Tesla setting quarter end targets to be met often by disgruntling Customers, rather than great performance by the Team at Tesla.
Has absolutely got nothing to do with their revolutionary approach to the industry which I like and applaud, they are clearly short of training on how to properly interface with Customers, to show respect, to not lie, give false info and fob off Customers and to treat people decently. It really isn't rocket science.
I don't know if this is just a Tesla UK problem. If it is one appointment in the UK could put it right. If it is universal an appointment at Tesla could put it right.
We understand what the problem is but in my case after buying 4 Teslas their approach is deteriorating as they grow the numbers. They are not taking our valid criticisms seriously. If they do not change over next couple of years whilst they have an undoubtedly better product than the opposition, they will regret it in the longer term.
That's the thing, Tesla most likely will not have a better product than the competition. The competition is catching up and quickly. Their only unique selling points (USP) are the Supercharger network, the promise of the best FSD, and the battery tech. The network will be opened up to non-Tesla EVs soon, so forget that being a USP. The batteries will be resold to other EV manufacturers. So the only thing left is FSD.

That's the thing, Tesla most likely will not have a better product than the competition. The competition is catching up and quickly. Their only unique selling points (USP) are the Supercharger network, the promise of the best FSD, and the battery tech. The network will be opened up to non-Tesla EVs soon, so forget that being a USP. The batteries will be resold to other EV manufacturers. So the only thing left is FSD.
They’ve paved the way for the future. A bit like Apple with the iPhone. Competition is good, it’s good for the consumer. I’m about to collect my first EV and it’s a MY. But I’m looking forward to some of the advances in the EV space, which will benefit mankind greatly. The question is whether Tesla can stay ahead of the rest - opening up super charges is not staying ahead but I get why they are exploring this.

There’s a reason why iMessage and the Apple App Store are not available on android - this keeps Apple ahead and customers locked in if you would.

They’ve paved the way for the future. A bit like Apple with the iPhone. Competition is good, it’s good for the consumer. I’m about to collect my first EV and it’s a MY. But I’m looking forward to some of the advances in the EV space, which will benefit mankind greatly. The question is whether Tesla can stay ahead of the rest - opening up super charges is not staying ahead but I get why they are exploring this.

There’s a reason why iMessage and the Apple App Store are not available on android - this keeps Apple ahead and customers locked in if you would.
Don't get me wrong. I'm on the same boat as you, first EV and it's a MY.

Vendor locking is a strategy most companies use to stifle churn, but I guess Tesla see it as an opportunity to make more money at the expense of removing exclusivity. I think this has a huge risk of pissing off its current user base. Imagine driving from a long leg of your planned trip, and showing up at a Tesla Supercharger completely full, with Ford's, Hyundai's, KIAs and other EVs, having to queue up for something that wasn't always so.

Collect mine Tuesday from trafford will be checking very carefully at 60k what colour did u go for hope u enjoy ur car i live 15 minutes from alton towers nice drive
Just got back from Alton Towers 150mile round trip. Used 168mile or range with A/C 75mph etc. Car drove really well. Maybe not a refined as the BMW but more fun. I’ve got White, Black on the 19s. White looks amazing in the sunshine