Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
😞 Just been chatting with my friend in China on WeChat, the word is Shanghai will be restricted for another 2 to 3 weeks 😢
Yes, or even longer:
432F1ED1-AE11-4F69-8FBC-F2A30EAC77B8.png

Not sure if this is allowed but seriously considering selling my MY. Love most things but not the suspension, too firm for Surrey roads. It has become a deal breaker for me. Do we have a classifieds area? Not looking for profit just a sensible sale.

Not sure if this is allowed but seriously considering selling my MY. Love most things but not the suspension, too firm for Surrey roads. It has become a deal breaker for me. Do we have a classifieds area? Not looking for profit just a sensible sale.
You could always get some other suspension fitted, I believe there's some around the £2,000 mark which is adjustable so you can set it how you want it

Do we have a classifieds area?
Yes, here:

Reactions: Silox
Probably a ix3, I traded in my X3.
Before my TM3 I had an X3 M40d, and I did consider replacing it with an iX3, but it is only 2WD, absolutely bizarre on an X car, it is far slower than any Tesla, and it has 100 miles less real world range than the Tesla, and no supercharger access, basically making it a city car that is completely unsuitable for road trips. Oh and no frunk or under boot storage!! Or dog mode, camp mode etc.

Add to that the extra upfront cost, worse residuals, and need to do regular expensive services, makes it far more expensive to own than the Tesla.

Oh and apparently the lead times are around 12 months!? 😱

Fitting better suspension to the Tesla is surely a better option?

Before my TM3 I had an X3 M40d, and I did consider replacing it with an iX3, but it is only 2WD, absolutely bizarre on an X car, it is far slower than any Tesla, and it has 100 miles less real world range than the Tesla, and no supercharger access, basically making it a city car that is completely unsuitable for road trips.

Add to that the extra upfront cost, worse residuals, and need to do regular expensive services, makes it far more expensive to own than the Tesla.

Oh and apparently the lead times are around 12 months!? 😱

Fitting better suspension to the Tesla is surely a better option?
Thanks, yes, better suspension would solve my only criticism. But anyone with any experience of aftermarket suspension improvements in the UK?

Thanks, yes, better suspension would solve my only criticism. But anyone with any experience of aftermarket suspension improvements in the UK?
Doubt anyone will have UK experience on a MY yet, probably best to see what M3 owners have done.

Looks like there’s pretty much 2 options currently, unplugged performance’s kit has a comfort option, but it’s not available until October:

Or the KW street performance kit, which does lower the car, but is completely adjustable, so should give more comfort on the softest settings:

Doubt anyone will have UK experience on a MY yet, probably best to see what M3 owners have done.

Looks like there’s pretty much 2 options currently, unplugged performance’s kit has a comfort option, but it’s not available until October:

Or the KW street performance kit, which does lower the car, but is completely adjustable, so should give more comfort on the softest settings:

I've ordered these comes in at just over £1800, will report back one they're on