Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi first post here. Ordered LR blue EAP 15/10/21 within 20 minutes of receiving the email but haven't heard anything other than the the 'prepare for delivery' email and the steps on the order page. No VIN. My impression is those who have VINs and estimated delivery dates of 14-22 Feb are mostly (all?) in the southern half of England. Has anyone further North had one? It might make sense from a logistics point of view I suppose to put all the first cars closest to Southampton but it would be nice to have the option to travel for an earlier delivery if possible.

Separately and unrelated, if I go to my account using Safari on my Mac there are three factors affecting delivery listed "order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration". But if I go to my account using either Chrome on my Mac or Safari on iOS, a fourth factor affecting delivery time is added - "profile submission". Refreshing pages and signing out and back in does not give me one version - the difference is still there. Does anyone know what "profile submission" is and whether it can be altered to speed up delivery?
Hello, I have a VIN, Feb14-28 window, and am all the way up in Glasgow.
White/Black/19"

I've got a theory...

Firstly, sorry if this has already been mentioned or it seems obvious to everyone else, but I'm throwing it out there anyway!

It seems like all of the people who got texts last night and whos order pages show a delivery date of 13th-27th Feb are in the south of the country. My pickup is meant to be at Lakeside and I got the text. Everyone else seem to be showing the 14th Feb onwards.

Do we think that the launch even is going to be on the 13th and the range of 13th-27th is just a red herring? It makes sense to have an event on the weekend when most people can attend... Also makes sense to have it in the south of the country closer to where the cars arrive and where there are more people so (presumably) more orders.

I've got a theory...

Firstly, sorry if this has already been mentioned or it seems obvious to everyone else, but I'm throwing it out there anyway!

It seems like all of the people who got texts last night and whos order pages show a delivery date of 13th-27th Feb are in the south of the country. My pickup is meant to be at Lakeside and I got the text. Everyone else seem to be showing the 14th Feb onwards.

Do we think that the launch even is going to be on the 13th and the range of 13th-27th is just a red herring? It makes sense to have an event on the weekend when most people can attend... Also makes sense to have it in the south of the country closer to where the cars arrive and where there are more people so (presumably) more orders.
People received those texts all over the country including NI and I think Glasgow so not sure that works with your theory but we will know in the next few hours….

I've got a theory...

I had the same thought and asked if anyone further North had got a VIN and early delivery and a lucky person in Glasgow replied to say they are in that group! So I'm not clear what is happening especially as I banged in my order within 20 minutes of getting the email, with only blue paint making it non standard.

I had the same thought and asked if anyone further North had got a VIN and early delivery and a lucky person in Glasgow replied to say they are in that group! So I'm not clear what is happening especially as I banged in my order within 20 minutes of getting the email, with only blue paint making it non standard.
I went for Blue paint, ordered early so none of it makes sense! (I got the text for collection date range)

I'm the Glasgow (or at least 1 of them) who posted. We ordered about as bog standard of a car as you can get. Figured if the colour bugged me that I can get it wrapped in the future. Had black vehicles back in the states and always hated how quickly I could see the dust on them. I'll. Admit the Teslas look good in the blue and we were tempted.

Reactions: Silox