Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The RN numbers don't seem to be sequential, but for all we know they might be global numbers. Tesla aren't saying.

The Y got raised by £1k a little while back, and a further £2k recently. The "cooking" model (ie mine!) ordered now would cost £57,990 versus £54,990 when I ordered in Jan 2022. And - crikey - £808/m on Tesla PCP vs the £562.59/m I'm just about to start paying when I collect tomorrow.
Thanks, good luck and enjoy, Cant wait for ours when it comes. :)

Reactions: Utumno
The Y got raised by £1k a little while back, and a further £2k recently. The "cooking" model (ie mine!) ordered now would cost £57,990 versus £54,990 when I ordered in Jan 2022. And - crikey - £808/m on Tesla PCP vs the £562.59/m I'm just about to start paying when I collect tomorrow.
Surely that's due to your choice of a higher initial downpayment and not just the base price and APR increase?!?🤨

Had a chat with the team and I've got a 4pm slot in Staines. Just spotted my registration number on my invoice, it ends in PXR, which sounds like Pixar so with the white and black combo, the name is set, Eve (from Wall.e)

And for anyone else with Monzo, if you talk to them in the chat section then can increase the daily payment limit all the way to £250k so that £10k cap isn't an issue.

Would also be interested in knowing if the new batch of Model Y's coming in have USB-C data at the front!
I don’t there is data. I just plugged a USB full of music into one of those ports and ‘USB’ didn’t appear as a source in Bluetooth menu (I have no idea why USB is in this menu). But when I plugged it into the glovebox port, USB was shown as a source and I could play the tracks on it.

• Informative
Reactions: Toblerone
Same, here through LEX. Ordered 8th Mar with R/n 9th Mar, LEX advised me 10th July also with currently no Vin. Thought I saw a thread saying some lease companies won’t let Tesla release vins until 1st July, so waiting game as well for me.
I'm sure yours will be available very soon. I ordered mine through Lex on the same day as you and l got delivery confirmation from Tesla before the VIN. I did speak to Lex several times, but all they keep saying is it's beyond their control.

Surely that's due to your choice of a higher initial downpayment and not just the base price and APR increase?!?🤨
Frighteningly, no, that's on the same fundamental terms (total of £7,500 down, 48 months, 12k miles per year). The APR and base cost has changed of course as you point out.

To be fair I am cheating a bit in the comparison, as I didn't go with Tesla PCP for our Y due to their appallingly low GFV translating into higher monthly costs, but even comparing Tesla PCP in Jan with Tesla PCP in Jan, the monthly has gone up by £90...

Would also be interested in knowing if the new batch of Model Y's coming in have USB-C data at the front!
My understanding is that Tesla changed the spec, not just temporarily fitted data-less USB-C in the front due to component shortages.

Until they change the spec back - if they change the spec back - I think you might find all Model Y's come without USB-C data in the front of the car.

Frighteningly, no, that's on the same fundamental terms (total of £7,500 down, 48 months, 12k miles per year). The APR and base cost has changed of course as you point out.

To be fair I am cheating a bit in the comparison, as I didn't go with Tesla PCP for our Y due to their appallingly low GFV translating into higher monthly costs, but even comparing Tesla PCP in Jan with Tesla PCP in Jan, the monthly has gone up by £90...
phew... you scared me as I couldn't compute those £250 per month difference. But yeah, given the APR and price hike, around £100 per month does make sense. Still crazy..
As for the GFV, yes, I believe they price it at around £23k in 4 years time.. I am banking that you can exercise it and flip it / trade-it in with a nice profit in a worst case scenario...

My understanding is that Tesla changed the spec, not just temporarily fitted data-less USB-C in the front due to component shortages.

Until they change the spec back - if they change the spec back - I think you might find all Model Y's come without USB-C data in the front of the car.
So if I get it right, the *only* data port is the USB-A in the glovebox? (That you would have to use for both teslacam & music).

My collection which was scheduled for tomorrow has just been pushed back to Monday, probably. Tesla phoned to say the car hasn’t arrived in Bristol yet, but also isn’t in Southampton, so I could get it from there.
Bit more time of my hand this weekend now, might have to do more gardening.

So if I get it right, the *only* data port is the USB-A in the glovebox? (That you would have to use for both teslacam & music).
That is exactly my understanding yes, hence the general explosion in Tesla USB hub interest for the glovebox I've seen around, and the problems some Chinese hubs can cause as some apparently can overheat the Ryzen infotainment (bear in mind my understanding here is limited, apologies if this isn't exactly correct!)

I don’t there is data. I just plugged a USB full of music into one of those ports and ‘USB’ didn’t appear as a source in Bluetooth menu (I have no idea why USB is in this menu). But when I plugged it into the glovebox port, USB was shown as a source and I could play the tracks on it.
And by “I don’t there is data”, I meant “I don’t think there is data” 😊

To answer a few questions a few of you may have.
Well I collected my Y today from Trafford. Out of the 3 Tesla collections I’ve had in total, this one was by far the easiest.
In summary:
51% charge, which I thought was very good (doubt you would get an ICE car today with half a tank of fuel)
Staff were very good, and could not do enough for you.
Car was clean and no swirls etc. There were plenty of people to clean the cars being unloaded from the transporters, but not a jet wash or hose pipe in sight. Make of that what you will. Just glad I did not go for a black car.
Build quality and panel gaps were bang on.
The only fault I could find was an issue with the PPF. Immediately sorted with a Tesla ranger coming to my office on Tuesday morning to replace them.
If you have yet to collect your car, then don’t worry. It will be fine; if there are some issues, then the staff (who I must add are polite and helpful) are on hand and will do all they can to help.
If it’s going to be your first Tesla - well go with an open mind, go with the flow and just enjoy what is a great car - with market leading tech.

I'm sure yours will be available very soon. I ordered mine through Lex on the same day as you and l got delivery confirmation from Tesla before the VIN. I did speak to Lex several times, but all they keep saying is it's beyond their control.
What is your delivery date from Tesla? I went for Blue paint, black interior, MYLR so not sure if the colour will delay things based on the comments here.
Did you also have problems getting the updates via Tesla website?

Does anyone thing that, apart from the colour/spec MY you ordered, the location in the country also has an impact on dates? All these posts seem to be “south”; what hope do I have being in Glasgow!
I’m the same spec as you ordered in mid-April, current edd is from 6-sept.
There have been collections from Manchester this quarter, not sure about further north. It’s only a few hours further for a transporter full.

I’m the same spec as you ordered in mid-April, current edd is from 6-sept.
There have been collections from Manchester this quarter, not sure about further north.
Same spec, also Glasgow, Octopus still saying end of September.

There have been a couple of Glasgow collections this month (or still to collect next week) so not sure if it's the colour rather than the location having the biggest impact on timing.