Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t mean to cause panic but…I’ve read on this same thread of people having TBD dates for a prolonged period of time without an allocated VIN.

So we could be in that same position and it won’t change till another ship departs for the UK.

I hope I’m wrong though.

My MYP just got updated from TBD to Dec 2022-Feb 2023 and MYLR to September 15-30. I was a April 12th order, similar thing happened in June so I hope I'm near the start of the queue in Q4 😂
i was told by the tesla sales person that July and early august orders [1-7th] will 80% likely be delivered in December. He suspects low sales volumes and order cancellations due to peoples disposable incomes changing. Not to mention they made improvements to manufacturing times. Spoke this morning.

According to @Zilla91's post to the shipping thread, the TBD's and push backs might be a bad sign...

My thoughts are that the ones with TBD... may (I repeat, MAY) be ones they're waiting to see if there's cancellations, etc. of existing orders... I don't have any other explanation for why some have definitively moved back and some moved to TBD status.

Fwiw, I just called and they couldn't access anything and said they'd call me back.

According to @Zilla91's post to the shipping thread, the TBD's and push backs might be a bad sign...

My thoughts are that the ones with TBD... may (I repeat, MAY) be ones they're waiting to see if there's cancellations, etc. of existing orders... I don't have any other explanation for why some have definitively moved back and some moved to TBD status.

Fwiw, I just called and they couldn't access anything and said they'd call me back.
It's all a bit confusing because if there are no more ships coming to UK, then it seems odd anybody would be left with firm August/September EDDs who haven't yet been assigned a VIN (i.e. me, no VIN, EDD still holding firm [for now] Aug 27 - Sep 26). Even if Tesla expect some cancellations, seems very confident giving any of us dates, rather than all of us TBD. Who knows...

i was told by the tesla sales person that July and early august orders [1-7th] will 80% likely be delivered in December. He suspects low sales volumes and order cancellations due to peoples disposable incomes changing. Not to mention they made improvements to manufacturing times. Spoke this morning.
I don't really believe anything Tesla says about orders. I don't think they seem to be all over the place, I don't think they have much more in sight than we do into orders. If they can't fulfil orders in April before Q4 and some people from Jan are still waiting. It really seems like the have at least a 6 month backlog.

Reactions: Toblerone
New EDD. No hidden VIN

1660316251247.png

It's all a bit confusing because if there are no more ships coming to UK, then it seems odd anybody would be left with firm August/September EDDs who haven't yet been assigned a VIN (i.e. me, no VIN, EDD still holding firm [for now] Aug 27 - Sep 26). Even if Tesla expect some cancellations, seems very confident giving any of us dates, rather than all of us TBD. Who knows...
For those with TBD, I’m sure I’ve seen this previously and it was a temporary status before good news followed.

Like @adambg My 1-30 Sept EDD is holding, so we haven’t all been updated.

How dramatic!

I'm in a very similar situation, same spec ordered 5 days earlier with an EDD a day earlier. Optimistically hoping for a VIN soon 🤞