Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s exactly what I thought, but the delivery is direct with Tesla and it is a 72 plate. I assumed that any Q2 deliveries would be with a 22 plate? No idea about these things…
You’re probably in the same boat as me then, I’ve a Zen Auto order thats due 3rd Sept home delivery but my VIN indicates that it was a June delivery and as such even in the Tesla app I don’t have premium connectivity because it expired end of July (assuming car was delivered end of June to Zen)

I ordered a MY LR Black/Black 20” through Octopus 🐙 and here is a summary of where I’m at:

Order placed - 18th March
RN received- 21st March
VIN received - 10th August
EDD via Tesla Chat - Mid-Sept
EDD via Octopus - Oct-Dec 😳

From all the chat on here & in the Shipping thread, I’ve concluded that my VIN must be on GLOVIS COMPANION & not on the other two ships already passed the Suez Canal enroute to Southampton. Hope my dates reassure some of you… It’s certainly been a hell of an emotional rollercoaster to get to this point.

Have a great Sunday one and all.

Ps. I have also had a home charger installed at home since April aka the Spider Châteaux 🕸

You’re probably in the same boat as me then, I’ve a Zen Auto order thats due 3rd Sept home delivery but my VIN indicates that it was a June delivery and as such even in the Tesla app I don’t have premium connectivity because it expired end of July (assuming car was delivered end of June to Zen)
Ahhh ok, that makes sense. I used frizzy’s VIN decoder (and if I’m reading it correctly) i have an N for the year it was made (2022).

Just in answer to my original question, I texted the flat bed or driven question to Tesla text number and they responded that it’s delivered by low loader via 3rd party. Fairly happy with that! 😬

Reactions: EchoOneZero
Given the lockdown and line upgrade delay, could there be that chance of October ships arriving to UK? To ease up the back log.
I think given past experiences, no, we all said the same about the June Frenzy and then July was dead, evean after the lockdown, so there was capacity, apparently they have no cares for the month following the end of quarter. There seems no common sense when it comes to deliveries, yet Tesla does seems to be way ahead of the competition on delivery times.

Given the lockdown and line upgrade delay, could there be that chance of October ships arriving to UK? To ease up the back log.
A chance, Yes - if something goes wrong for them. Likely or intended: No.

That would be $300m of revenue not realised in the quarter and floating on the high seas. That revenue could be realised in nearer markets which is what they plan to do every quarter.

Reactions: _Dave_
I think given past experiences, no, we all said the same about the June Frenzy and then July was dead, evean after the lockdown, so there was capacity, apparently they have no cares for the month following the end of quarter. There seems no common sense when it comes to deliveries, yet Tesla does seems to be way ahead of the competition on delivery times.
Apart from some odd anomalies, and lease orders (where the lease company made a number of bulk reservations and only assign when they get customers) I think there's a fair bit of common sense and logic to the build.

It's just that being UK customers we don't care about it.

For example, to set up the factory in China they would have had to agree to some strict stipulations from the government, including ensuring that local demand is met and they don't just focus on exports. Who knows if it's a percentage of cars built need to be domestic or a minimum number per quarter, but either way they need to get them built.

They also need to focus on quarter end financials to maximise revenue and sales figures by ensuring that built cars are at the destination by the end of the quarter. This means that the closer they get to the quarter end the closer to the factory that they focus their build to the point that I'd imagine the last 2-3 weeks of the quarter are China only. At the start of the quarter they start with the furthest away again, get enough built for a ship and then let it start the 4 week journey to Europe, arriving 2nd week of the 2nd month in a quarter.

I'd also imagine that they build to the ratios of demand for each destination, e.g. if 30% of orders are white, black seats and 19" wheels then 30% of output likely to follow suit.

Allocations however, I reckon are a bit trickier since they need to focus on country specific logistics, customer locations etc. In this scenario I can see a car being delivered to someone in Southampton who ordered a few weeks after someone in Glasgow just because it's the 30th September.

But who knows, I could be completely wrong and it could just be me being too positive in this ridiculous heat...

May not be the right place to post this but is anyone else having issues trying to load their “manage car” on the Tesla website?

Shows my Model Y & reservation number fine, but when clicking it, it shows a Blue model S with no details of my car. My EDD was 05-30 September so I’m hoping it’s something to do with the date being updated ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

May not be the right place to post this but is anyone else having issues trying to load their “manage car” on the Tesla website?

Shows my Model Y & reservation number fine, but when clicking it, it shows a Blue model S with no details of my car. My EDD was 05-30 September so I’m hoping it’s something to do with the date being updated ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was having the exact same issue yesterday, except for me it’s a blue Model 3! And it just says ‘s Car at the top!

More EDD action today, its quite the fun time in my account:

TO: Sep 19 - Sep 30

Sooner but wider 🤷‍♀️😂
Just back from holiday and I see there has been a period of VINaggedon on various threads 😂 Congrats to all that have their cars coming 👍

My EDD updated at the airport on 5th Aug:

FROM Sep 19 - Sep 30
TO: Sep 18 - Sep 30
(no VIN)

I have held steady ever since despite the various batches of EDD movements elsewhere. Someone or something at Tesla thinks there is another boat coming 🤷‍♂️🤞

Those of you who received the below SMS last or the week before; have you heard anything further from Tesla? Thanks

“Tesla Update - Your Model Y arrival date is being calculated and will show shortly in your Tesla app. We will be in contact soon to ask you to schedule your collection appointment. Please ensure your pre-delivery tasks are completed within the next seven days in your Tesla Account at ts.la/account
Not ready for your Model Y or need help? Reply here.”