Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, just wondering if anyone can help at all. Unfortunately i kerbed my wheel in a multi story car park. This is the first time its ever happened to me, my previous AUDI had full 360 camera which i miss so much. Just in case anyone knows, is it worth while repairing, if i dont would it cause any issues, i.e rust etc. Do i wait until i kerb it more and most likely the other wheels? Been to a few places and some are saying get smart repair done that will just deal with the damage and some are advising a full refurb but they dont have the exact same paint and smart repair isn’t perfect. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Attachments

• EA20F680-3BBB-4DFB-9D6F-851D9FF5918C.jpeg
    EA20F680-3BBB-4DFB-9D6F-851D9FF5918C.jpeg
    424.9 KB · Views: 147
Hi all, just some general advice if that's ok? Is it worth leaving the cabin overheat protection on or leave it off? Past few days and rest of the week, ive seen the temperature inside the car go around 40 degree plus. Obviously this feature really drains the battery but im just wondering if the excess heat will damage something. Or is it worth leaving on or leaving on with NO AC option. Funny thing is, this never ever crossed my mind when I had an ICE car. Many thanks in anticipation

Hi all, just some general advice if that's ok? Is it worth leaving the cabin overheat protection on or leave it off? Past few days and rest of the week, ive seen the temperature inside the car go around 40 degree plus. Obviously this feature really drains the battery but im just wondering if the excess heat will damage something. Or is it worth leaving on or leaving on with NO AC option. Funny thing is, this never ever crossed my mind when I had an ICE car. Many thanks in anticipation
Only worth it if you are storing something in the vehicle that cannot handle the heat. No problem otherwise and if a car interior itself cannot stand temps of up to 60 deg C then it isn't fit for purpose

Reactions: BATMOBILE786
Only worth it if you are storing something in the vehicle that cannot handle the heat. No problem otherwise and if a car interior itself cannot stand temps of up to 60 deg C then it isn't fit for purpose
Appreciate the reply, I was thinking the same, surely it's been designed and tested at excessive temperatures but having that option there, I just felt compelled to use it! Past few days have been a killer for the battery, I need to find some shade to park under for my own piece of mind.

Hi All

I have ordered a model y through the salary sacrifice scheme

I have just revived the “nearly here text”

What’s the usual lead time from receiving this text to taking delivery of the car?

I imagine it a bit a of daft question as it probably varies car to car but just wondering in general

Cheers

Hi All

I have ordered a model y through the salary sacrifice scheme

I have just revived the “nearly here text”

What’s the usual lead time from receiving this text to taking delivery of the car?

I imagine it a bit a of daft question as it probably varies car to car but just wondering in general

Cheers

Which scheme provider? I ordered one with Octopus last Monday, still don't have a delivery date yet other than "September - November"

Hi Beezli

Ordered through Fleet Alliance on the 12th June, I have received a RN but nothing further until the nearly here text last night

Which model did you order?
Ordered a MY RWD as Octopus said they had loads on a rolling stock basis - just got my delivery date today (24th July) so a pretty quick turnaround.

Their ordering process seems a bit different then, as I got an email from Tesla first with a VIN (5 days after ordering), then an email from Octopus with the reg, but never got an RN.

Hi All,

I've ordered my MY LR through Zenith and expecting delivery in a week.

Any recommendations on accessories that I need to get?

I'm thinking of liners / mats for interior and boot, parcel shelf, sunshade and the USB drive/SSD.

Can anyone tell me if some of these are included and I don't have to buy them separately?

Thanks,

Hi All,

I'm thinking of liners / mats for interior and boot, parcel shelf, sunshade and the USB drive/SSD.

Can anyone tell me if some of these are included and I don't have to buy them separately?

Thanks,
It already comes with a usb drive (128gb) unless you feel the need for a bigger one

interior carpeted mats are included

Parcel shelf included

Get the trays that go in the centre console and under the armrest.

Hi All,

Thanks,
It'll come with a USB drive and carpet floor mats for the cabin.

Buying more all weather floor, boot and frunk mats is probably a good idea, the first thing I've put in my cars. I've seen no reason to replace the provided usb, some people want higher capacity but I'm not sure I understand why.

A tray that fits under the centre console slider to hold things you want at hand is sensible, otherwise it's just a massive hole.

Anything else is really optional.

After hearing of things falling down the vents under the front seats I got some Clip on covers. No idea if it's really necessary but stuff rattling away with no way if getting it out would bother me so I bought some off Amazon. Pretty cheap (others may better or cheaper but nowhere had them in stock when I ordered so I got these: https://amzn.eu/d/dBzccSl

I didn't get new carpets/mats but after a year I've worn a hole through the driver's mat which I've never done before!!

Agree on the trays for central console. It's just too big and deep for small items.

We also bought some rubberised covers that go over the seatbelt clips to stop rattles. Not strictly necessary but Mrs. McChimp found the rattles infuriating (I usually have music on too loud to notice!!)