Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, sorry I know this is probably the wrong chat to ask this but ive recently took ownership of a Model Y and yesterday was the first time I took it on a long drive on the motorway. Autopilot worked quite well but I noticed a few times it would start to slow down if there was a car in the other lane but my lane was clear. Anyone else had that? Also anyone else had sentry mode turning itself on even after you've turned it off via the car and app? It's killing the battery. Thanks

@Batmobile Yes I’ve had both. Search “phantom braking” for more info. This is the standard most long term Tesla owners are used to. It’s rubbish and a really bad “feature”. We all put up with it and somehow it’s negated by the other positive features of the car. I’ve had a M3 for 3 years and have now purchased a MY so it’s not turned me off the brand. However, that’s only because no other manufacturer that I can access in the UK, is doing the whole EV thing better

@Batmobile Yes I’ve had both. Search “phantom braking” for more info. This is the standard most long term Tesla owners are used to. It’s rubbish and a really bad “feature”. We all put up with it and somehow it’s negated by the other positive features of the car. I’ve had a M3 for 3 years and have now purchased a MY so it’s not turned me off the brand. However, that’s only because no other manufacturer that I can access in the UK, is doing the whole EV thing better
Thanks for the reply. Its downright scary sometimes and i remember one instance where i was going past a car who was parked in a layby and the car decided to slam on the brakes, luckily no one was behind me. I think you’re right though that most would live with that because of everything else. Thankfully sentry mode has stayed off for the past night but out of interest do you lose much battery overnight? Im losing around 2%, anything i can check is on etc. Many thanks

Thanks for the reply. Its downright scary sometimes and i remember one instance where i was going past a car who was parked in a layby and the car decided to slam on the brakes, luckily no one was behind me. I think you’re right though that most would live with that because of everything else. Thankfully sentry mode has stayed off for the past night but out of interest do you lose much battery overnight? Im losing around 2%, anything i can check is on etc. Many thanks
Sentry is indeed a battery drain. A few things for you to check:
a) There are settings to disable sentry at Home or Work
b) Do you use an Easy Entry profile? You'll need to adjust your sentry settings under that profile too as that's what it'll switch to after parking.
c) Repeatedly checking your Tesla mobile app wakes the car, this uses more power.

Sentry is indeed a battery drain. A few things for you to check:
a) There are settings to disable sentry at Home or Work
b) Do you use an Easy Entry profile? You'll need to adjust your sentry settings under that profile too as that's what it'll switch to after parking.
c) Repeatedly checking your Tesla mobile app wakes the car, this uses more power.Thanks for
Thanks for the reply. Easy entry was the problem kept turning Sentry mode on. I made sure to turn it off but kept coming back on but thankfully for the past day it hasn't done it (fingers crossed sorted itself out maybe). Im a constant Tesla app checker so thanks for the heads up around that, I'll limit that to when only needed.

Do you know if :

1. If I set up a widget on my Home Screen on my iphone, that would still be a battery killer as im assuming it'll have to wake up the car to get information back to display?
2. Completely close the app on my phone, ive done this a few times and it's warned me to keep it running so I can use the walk away lock feature etc but wondering if that would save / help with the battery

Many thanks

Thanks for the reply. Easy entry was the problem kept turning Sentry mode on. I made sure to turn it off but kept coming back on but thankfully for the past day it hasn't done it (fingers crossed sorted itself out maybe). Im a constant Tesla app checker so thanks for the heads up around that, I'll limit that to when only needed.

Do you know if :

1. If I set up a widget on my Home Screen on my iphone, that would still be a battery killer as im assuming it'll have to wake up the car to get information back to display?
2. Completely close the app on my phone, ive done this a few times and it's warned me to keep it running so I can use the walk away lock feature etc but wondering if that would save / help with the battery

Many thanks
Widget doesn’t do anything other than display what you last saw on your app. It doesn’t update continuously in my experience. There is no fear of the widget waking the app/car. It’s good as a shortcut from the lock screen to open the app if you have iPhone 14 with permanent on display.
As regards shutting down the app, this also saves nothing as each time you access the app anyway it takes a few seconds to communicate with the car and then it updates the battery percentage as you’ll see it drop. Therefore again, if you leave it running in the background and don’t open it to check then it does nothing also. Forget the nag screen prompts.
TBH unless you check the app 20x a day, I guess, the occasional glance does sweet F A. I’ve left my car in the airport for a week and the occasional check has minimal effect. Sentry is the main culprit. I leave it off everywhere except for shopping when I usually forget. Other than that home, airport, hotels etc I leave it off otherwise it takes 5-6% a day easy.
For security I keep PIN access on but otherwise what you gonna do with a dodgy view of some minor car damage? Life’s too short. Never had this before and managed to make it through life just fine.
Everyone is different, this is my happy life scenario.
You choose yours.
Enjoy the driving though, that’s phenomenal 🚙💨

Widget doesn’t do anything other than display what you last saw on your app. It doesn’t update continuously in my experience. There is no fear of the widget waking the app/car. It’s good as a shortcut from the lock screen to open the app if you have iPhone 14 with permanent on display.
As regards shutting down the app, this also saves nothing as each time you access the app anyway it takes a few seconds to communicate with the car and then it updates the battery percentage as you’ll see it drop. Therefore again, if you leave it running in the background and don’t open it to check then it does nothing also. Forget the nag screen prompts.
TBH unless you check the app 20x a day, I guess, the occasional glance does sweet F A. I’ve left my car in the airport for a week and the occasional check has minimal effect. Sentry is the main culprit. I leave it off everywhere except for shopping when I usually forget. Other than that home, airport, hotels etc I leave it off otherwise it takes 5-6% a day easy.
For security I keep PIN access on but otherwise what you gonna do with a dodgy view of some minor car damage? Life’s too short. Never had this before and managed to make it through life just fine.
Everyone is different, this is my happy life scenario.
You choose yours.
Enjoy the driving though, that’s phenomenal 🚙💨
I want your happy life!! Appreciate the response and have tried what you said and actually prefer it, i.e the widget on the lock screen and being able to open it from there. Sentry mode has been behaving (staying off after i turned it off) so thankfully the battery drain hasnt been really good. To be fair the checking of the app was here and there so i do think now it was sentry mode turning itself on that was causing the big drain. Going to follow your advice and just enjoy it. Thanks again.

Reactions: ElectricPolice
Hi, I have just ordered my Model Y on PCP (approved) and waiting for the delivery on 30th this month at Bluewater however no PCP agreement received/nothing in the account but they expect me to make the down payment. I called Tesla and they said I would only be presented the pcp agreement on the delivery date which doesn`t make sense at all as I need to review the agreement in full details before making the down payment and this is definitely not something I would like to do on the last day with all worry, hype and excitement!

Could you please advise if I should see the pcp (finance) agreement in my Tesla account before the delivery or they should email me? Before I email to [email protected], I wanted to check with you guys who went through the process and know what to expect.

Any guidance or heads-up would be much appreciated.

Hi, I'm picking up in a couple of weeks and using tesla pcp. I have the documents in the screenshot in my account and have been requested to make payment. Hope that helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230310-143604.png
    Screenshot_20230310-143604.png
    237.2 KB · Views: 133
Hi, I'm picking up in a couple of weeks and using tesla pcp. I have the documents in the screenshot in my account and have been requested to make payment. Hope that helps
Congratulations! Yes, this is very useful, thanks. May I learn exactly how far you are from the delivery? They told me today that 1 week before or so I should receive the agreement. However I understand that you got the agreement etc right after you completed registration step and final invoice?

Congratulations! Yes, this is very useful, thanks. May I learn exactly how far you are from the delivery? They told me today that 1 week before or so I should receive the agreement. However I understand that you got the agreement etc right after you completed registration step and final invoice?
Thanks, very exciting! I'm picking up 24/3 and received the second set of docs about a week ago when they asked for down-payment. I ordered end of Jan

Hello all, i received the below text on Tuesday and then today i got another from the same number offering me a delivery date of this week wednesday from brent cross. Is this a scam or legit? I cannot ‘check my account’ as its a company car. Any help would be appreciated! I tried calling tesla but cannot get through.

Attachments

• 049233CE-85AD-4057-9B92-98C4FEF0936C.jpeg
    049233CE-85AD-4057-9B92-98C4FEF0936C.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 71
Hello all, i received the below text on Tuesday and then today i got another from the same number offering me a delivery date of this week wednesday from brent cross. Is this a scam or legit? I cannot ‘check my account’ as its a company car. Any help would be appreciated! I tried calling tesla but cannot get through.
Go to the online chat and confirm.