Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got another text from Tesla, after ignoring the one with the invite yesterday
1642684848044.png

Reactions: VX Foxy
I registered for this forum just to find out why the F loch fyne is even a collection point. Their supercharger was only fixed 3 days ago and was off for 3 months prior to that. loch fyne is quite literally in the middle of nowhere. everyone will have to get driven out there to collect a car. surely to god tesla glasgow would have made more sense. its actually easier to get a train to london than a plane train and automobile 70 miles into the sticks of loch fyne........

New text message today states if you don't want to collect from Southampton on 19th Feb then you will be assigned a new Model Y to you at a later date to collect from your preferred delivery location. This suits me better as I would like to get my Y on or after 1st March to get the new 22 registration and I'd prefer to collect from my local Reading Tesla store instead of driving to Southampton.

The offer of Southampton collection only 9 days before plate change has made my decision to wait for a 22 reg easier. I've been on the fence for ages about waiting for a 22 reg, head saying wait, heart saying get the MY as soon as possible. Tesla just made it a no brainer to wait, just hope i don't get booted too far back in the delivery schedule.
New text message today states if you don't want to collect from Southampton on 19th Feb then you will be assigned a new Model Y to you at a later date to collect from your preferred delivery location. This suits me better as I would like to get my Y on or after 1st March to get the new 22 registration and I'd prefer to collect from my local Reading Tesla store instead of driving to Southampton.

Reactions: PeteB
Surely if we’ve selected a desired pick up venue from the choice of 2 I was given when completing the earlier tasks they can’t now turn around and say you car is here, pick it up from Southampton or you loose it and go back in the queue!

Re: registrations. At what point are you assigned the number plate? If they offered the car on Feb 28 and you said put it back a week till I collect would it really come with a 2022 plate at the point or are you picking up a 2021 plate unless you give up the VIN and take a whole new car?

Southampton 19th, 10am for me. I was hoping for a 22 plate but will accept the date. Maybe splash out £250 on private plates 🤔

Just spoken to Tesla 01628 450660 re my Model Y order. I didn't want to go to the Southampton delivery event on the 19th Feb and preferred to collect from my local Reading store - for convenience and also to get the 1st March or later 22 registration. They said their was another ship load of Model Y's coming in at the end of Feb - so I would be assigned one of those for delivery in March. I am very pleased and looking forward to getting my first EV/Model Y.

I registered for this forum just to find out why the F loch fyne is even a collection point. Their supercharger was only fixed 3 days ago and was off for 3 months prior to that. loch fyne is quite literally in the middle of nowhere. everyone will have to get driven out there to collect a car. surely to god tesla glasgow would have made more sense. its actually easier to get a train to london than a plane train and automobile 70 miles into the sticks of loch fyne........

Marketing/Advertising campaign. From what I've read it seems that the bulk of the first deliveries will be out of Southampton (as everyone says it reduces their transport costs) whilst a smaller quantity will be sent to Aerospace Centre Bristol, Duxford Imperial War Museum, Rhosneigd and Loch Fyne. Two beautiful landscape settings and two Aerodrome settings, must be marketing, marketing and more marketing. Get ready to spot your number plates in future model Y advertising!

Do any of you offered the "special" delivery location have vehicles to be traded-in and if yes, do they take those vehicles in at those locations?
I've taken up the offer (for me Southampton is 1hr 40mins away compared to Lakeside which is 50mins so thought that I may as well...) and I'm trading in. They know that I'm trading in and was offered Southampton so figure they've got a plan for the car!

As a side note, has anyone who's paying cash had their final bill through yet? I've been checking and it still says "preparing documents".

Reactions: sakethcr