Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anybody else try the Tesla Loan option and still waiting on contract to be drawn up? I have confirmed delivery at Bristol on 15th, but still can’t make the down payment, and still only shows the RN and no VIN.
Same here but I can see my VIN in the source code of the web page. Just search for "LRWY" in the code. Here is the guide to decode your VIN: Tesla vehicle VIN number Decoder

Reactions: Pandinium
When getting a charger fitted, apart from the obvious (cable length), does it matter where it is fitted? If its on the other side of the garage, is it sensible to dangle the charging cord from the roof beams when not in use? Tesla's have their ports on the left I think. Are there any stats for where most cars have them or a standard?

We're getting an Ohme Home Pro. I guess it's 5m cable length would soon disappear if installed on the wrong side, so is it best to install wherever the first car needs it and hope any future vehicles work with that?

When getting a charger fitted, apart from the obvious (cable length), does it matter where it is fitted? If its on the other side of the garage, is it sensible to dangle the charging cord from the roof beams when not in use? Tesla's have their ports on the left I think. Are there any stats for where most cars have them or a standard?

We're getting an Ohme Home Pro. I guess it's 5m cable length would soon disappear if installed on the wrong side, so is it best to install wherever the first car needs it and hope any future vehicles work with that?
Originally was going for 5,5m length but in end ordered 8.5m thus providing more options

Are there any stats for where most cars have them or a standard?
Most cars have them on the back left corner, because most EVs are Teslas 😉

The reality is they are all over the place, on the front where the badge is, on the front wing, on the rear like Tesla but the other side. Certainly worth getting a longer lead for flexibility, or getting your original lead replaced with a longer one if you need it in the future - quite easy for a sparky to open up a charger and replace the lead (but the leads themselves are quite expensive).

Did anybody else try the Tesla Loan option and still waiting on contract to be drawn up? I have confirmed delivery at Bristol on 15th, but still can’t make the down payment, and still only shows the RN and no VIN.
Hello, I did this option, no trade-in, £25k down, pick up on 17th in Loch Fyne. As of Friday I was able to make the down payment. The option unlocked 2-3 working days after selecting the 17th as my pick up date/location.

Been over. week now, I assume I am a March delivery... no car to exchange just cash...
"Next Steps
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."
Me too. I want mine asap and a lot of those Feb deliveries are to people who want March for the 22 plate. I'm ringing Tesla first thing tomorrow to see if I can get an earlier delivery currently allocated to someone who wants March. Tesla seem to be focussing early deliveries around the south of England (the ships arrive in Southampton so there's logic in that) along with these special events in Bristol Scotland and Wales amongst others. Ordering early a standard (except blue paint) car seems to have counted for nothing.

Me too. I want mine asap and a lot of those Feb deliveries are to people who want March for the 22 plate. I'm ringing Tesla first thing tomorrow to see if I can get an earlier delivery currently allocated to someone who wants March. Tesla seem to be focussing early deliveries around the south of England (the ships arrive in Southampton so there's logic in that) along with these special events in Bristol Scotland and Wales amongst others. Ordering early a standard (except blue paint) car seems to have counted for nothing.
RSVP deadline was yesterday to book an appointment to collect from Southampton. When I booked my appointment yesterday, there weren't many free slots between 10AM and mid afternoon.

Reactions: RGZoro
RSVP deadline was yesterday to book an appointment to collect from Southampton. When I booked my appointment yesterday, there weren't many free slots between 10AM and mid afternoon.
Do you know how many options were originally displayed? Curious b/c I had clicked the Loch Fyne one pretty early on day 1, and from then to when I bother to book over a day later it always just showed the same 11am and 11:30am options.

Do you know how many options were originally displayed? Curious b/c I had clicked the Loch Fyne one pretty early on day 1, and from then to when I bother to book over a day later it always just showed the same 11am and 11:30am options.
I stand to be corrected but I remember seeling 30 min slots between 8AM(start i'm pretty sure) to 6 or 7PM (a bit unsure!). This is for Southampton BTW.

Only options I saw at Loch Fyne were 11 and 11:30. Having phoned Loch Fyne restaurant to book lunch they advised Tesla had booked the restaurant out and were providing lunch so I assume that’s why there’s such a limited choice in times

Only options I saw at Loch Fyne were 11 and 11:30. Having phoned Loch Fyne restaurant to book lunch they advised Tesla had booked the restaurant out and were providing lunch so I assume that’s why there’s such a limited choice in times
Good to know you saw the same, and I was also going to phone the restaurant today so appreciate the heads up in that regard too. I booked the 11am, makes me wonder, seeing how small the place is, just how many of us will be up there. Thanks again for the update.

Reactions: dboyo