Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t need one when I booked my engineer. We already have an A3 e-tron but the engineer I used said he will submit paperwork nearer the time of install (14th Feb).
"For applications where a VRN is not available, evidence that an order has been placed for a vehicle must be provided (for example, an email from manufacturer or an order form."

Reactions: Silox and Drforty7
I'm not entirely sure the difference it makes, surely it more depends on the company tax year end for the business not the personal tax (6th April) as it's only a bit of BIK if you take it before the 6th April?
Normally, you are probably right but it's more complicated than that (I'm in a business partnership). It's all related to claiming the car against capital allowance, maximising use of all partners personal tax allowances by taking a pension lump sum drawdown for any unused allowance etc. and there may not be time to get it all sorted if delivery is right at the end of this tax year, hence I'd rather take delivery early in the next tax year then plenty of time get all ducks in a row.

I’m gonna go with the Delivery in Feb. It’d be nice to get a 22 plate but if I’m keeping the car for 5 years or so, doubt the 22 plate will make any serious difference on resale; It’s still a 22 model.
Anyone have any luck with MY insurance yet?
I clicked on the Tesla Insurance link (Swinton) and you can’t even select Model Y from the drop down menu !
Also; I ordered the car, I’m paying for the car, I’m registering it in my wife’s name, she can’t make the pick up. Is it a problem for me to go collect the car instead?
Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Hi Pete,
Yes you can pick up someone else’s car at a delivery event, but they need an email in advance from the registered keeper giving this permission and with a copy of both driving licenses attached as proof. I know you paid but best follow the procedure as it’s what I was told I needed to do to be sure.
I will be picking up one for myself and one for a relative at the Bristol event on the 15th.

Just got this text from Tesla. I have done everything, except for just waiting on a trade in valuation. They say when you call them that "awaiting trade ins do not delay allocation" however they then you comms like this... 🤦‍♂️

Anyone else awaiting trade in got this?

View attachment 758358
It did delay it last quarter for me. I’ve been told by Tesla that customers with “complete profiles” are prioritised.

Giga Berlin is struggling with quality. The last batch to produce 250 body failed the quality checks. Tesla has requested and has received emergency extension to produce 2000 more bodies for quality checks.

What?? You mean everything that just happens to me built in Germany is not automatically the best thing ever??

Kinda tired of people imbuing GigaBerlin with some kind of mythical superiority just because of some “German cars I’ve owned have been great ipso facto German Teslas must be also” logic.

Also - import duty is pretty much the only reason to bother to build stuff there. Everywhere surrounding it is LHD, including the whole of Europe. They would have more than enough work just catering for those markets. Also the boats from Shanghai are coming over anyway, so it’s a sunk cost.

What?? You mean everything that just happens to me built in Germany is not automatically the best thing ever??

Kinda tired of people imbuing GigaBerlin with some kind of mythical superiority just because of some “German cars I’ve owned have been great ipso facto German Teslas must be also” logic.

Also - import duty is pretty much the only reason to bother to build stuff there. Everywhere surrounding it is LHD, including the whole of Europe. They would have more than enough work just catering for those markets. Also the boats from Shanghai are coming over anyway, so it’s a sunk cost.
I suspect while Tesla will want to move UK RHD production to Berlin, I suspect its low on their priority list right now for the reasons mentioned above. Berlin will also take time to ramp up and having to modify a line for RHD while trying to ramp up LHD would slow down that ramp up. I think Berlin RHD will come only when Tesla Berlin gets to "catch a breath".

Although this is Tesla we are talking about and nothing would surprise me!

I think Berlin RHD will come only when Tesla Berlin gets to "catch a breath"
Possibly but rumour is the MYP will come from Germany so they will producing RHD almost immediately.

I’m not sure why it is thought that RHD is such a big deal, the plant would have been designed for both. Toyota and other manufacturers can produce any combination of colour, interior trim, LHD/RHD etc on the same production line alternating with every single vehicle, so Tesla shouldn’t have any problem batch producing them, especially with such a minimalist interior with nearly all parts shared between the two.