Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Open question at the moment. They have been supplying them with the Model 3 since late 2020 in the UK (and other markets that experience Winter). I think they're one of the things that are fit "in country" ie they don't come from the factory with them installed. I think we just need to wait and see when the first deliveries start to go out.
The stock model 3 mud flaps are also quite poor design - they are so low they scrape the ground (quite loudly) on every turn, let alone speed bumps. I had to cut an inch at least to stop this.

Sadly just cancelled my MYLR order.
Scheduled delivery date changed three times and now been removed and is back to "we'll contact you to arrange delivery".
Still haven't received a single text from Tesla and they are as yet unable to explain why (but I suspect they have a truncation defect somewhere that is removing the leading 7 as well as the leading 0)
Tired of waited more than an hour on hold to speak to them.
I'm sure it's a great car but it's a matter of principle for me when spending 60 grand that I also receive reasonable customer service and experience.
I wish everybody well - sad it didn't work out for me.
Too late for you now but for others, you are better off firing off an email. Its in writing and its better than being on hold. As for customer service once you get the car, its generally quite good. All the warranty work is done without quibble. The car gets "better" with OTA. You dont get the instant response by being able to call the dealer but at the same time, you also do not get the stealer treatment from the likes of Porsche, Merc, BMW and Audi.

The stock model 3 mud flaps are also quite poor design - they are so low they scrape the ground (quite loudly) on every turn, let alone speed bumps. I had to cut an inch at least to stop this.
I think most people don't bother with the extensions at all on the M3, just keep the stubby ones on.

The design on the MY look like normal single piece mud flaps, hopefully not too long for UK speed bumps.

Reactions: drewpost
I got my trade in offer 2 days ago, but today's quote is £1,000 higer than before. Any ideas to get the higher one linked to my account? thanks
Email

[email protected]

That’s what I was told to for the same reason. I still don’t have trade in confirmation so haven’t done it yet.

Can you let me know how you get on? Also, did they give you the estimated figure?

I’m quite impressed with the Admiral Gold insurance quote from Compare the Market.
It even went down by £65 when I added the “old car” as a second car (joining the policy end of September for 5 months)
£760 for the Model Y AND a 5 year old VW beetle sport convertible for half a year. Instead of £825 for just the Tesla !
That’s 4yrs NCB with 1 speeding ticket and 1 claim (meet at greet parking at LHR - trashed the car whilst we were on holiday, taxi to airport from now on).
Can’t complete without a reg number though 🙈
When do Tesla normally let you know what the registration number is?
I guess they register it when they have all your money?
Or is it a last minute job?

I’m quite impressed with the Admiral Gold insurance quote from Compare the Market.
It even went down by £65 when I added the “old car” as a second car (joining the policy end of September for 5 months)
£760 for the Model Y AND a 5 year old VW beetle sport convertible for half a year. Instead of £825 for just the Tesla !
That’s 4yrs NCB with 1 speeding ticket and 1 claim (meet at greet parking at LHR - trashed the car whilst we were on holiday, taxi to airport from now on).
My M3 got the reg number on 2 Dec 2021 with delivery date 17 Dec. So 15 days in advance.

I spoke to Tesla today and they told me the vehicle I’d been assigned for Southampton collection had 68% charge. I didn’t think to ask, but are they live monitoring charge on the boat or would this have been out of the factory standard, it just seems very exact!
How much charge would you expect the car to lose over the next 3 weeks before collection?

Be aware you cannot duplicate your NCD to a further vehicle unless this is OK'd by the insurance co, e.g. if you have built up NCD on a single vehicle and then wish to insure a second vehicle you should only claim any introductory discount on the second. You could find any future claim is refused!

Too late for you now but for others, you are better off firing off an email. Its in writing and its better than being on hold. As for customer service once you get the car, its generally quite good. All the warranty work is done without quibble. The car gets "better" with OTA. You dont get the instant response by being able to call the dealer but at the same time, you also do not get the stealer treatment from the likes of Porsche, Merc, BMW and Audi.
So within half an hour of requesting the cancellation they actually phoned me, allocated a vehicle, and confirmed the location, date and time that I originally requested.

Not my style, but it seems they ignored at least five or six emails and only responded when I requested the cancellation.

Anyway the model Y is back on so I better get on and sell the X3.

Be aware you cannot duplicate your NCD to a further vehicle unless this is OK'd by the insurance co, e.g. if you have built up NCD on a single vehicle and then wish to insure a second vehicle you should only claim any introductory discount on the second. You could find any future claim is refused!
Yeah, I had to put 0 NCB for the second car; surprisingly, didn't make much difference. Its higher than it should be due to the Meet and Greet idiots at LHR. Car was brand new, comes back with dented door, quarter panel, wing, and 3 out of 4 alloys badly Curbed. Definatley won't be taking the Tesla there. And the legal protection couldn't even nail them, as it was a company in a company subcontracted to another company etc... 😭

Reactions: Gezb
Still waiting on a trade-in estimate after about 2 weeks or so. I got an email from my local Tesla Center after about a week asking me to complete my online forms and acknowledging that if trade in was the only incomplete part that there was a backlog.

Pickup planned for the Trafford center.

Current Model S contract ends late March so I’ll see how it goes. No hurry.
After someone said they called a TA and got their offer straight away.. I emailed the TA who contacted me originally about trade in asked if he could "nudge" the trade in team as Feb collection getting closer. Got a very helpful "no, not possible". Worth a try I suppose!

Email

[email protected]

That’s what I was told to for the same reason. I still don’t have trade in confirmation so haven’t done it yet.

Can you let me know how you get on? Also, did they give you the estimated figure?
Email sent waiting for reply. Spoke to tesla today, I was told they won't link the higher offer to my account becasue the price may change up and down. Yes I got the estimate today which is 1k more than confirmed offer in my account.

Reactions: dangrenade
This whole thing is a nightmare at Southampton. Just asked if they would allow me to leave my work rental car for collection on the day and they said no. Anyone else got this issue, any ideas on a solution as I’m not using public transport?

Hahaha scrap that it’s just a walk away! Whoop!

Last edited: