Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It will be a "spectacular" event because Elon Musk and his Optimus humanoids will deliver cars to lucky ones that day. And they will offer plant based chips in lieu of electronic chips due to worldwide shortage. 😋
I my lease guy said it was Southampton because they couldn't get flight clearance for the fleet of StarshipX thats delivering them over UK. So they're all coming out of a Hyperloop built in international waters which also avoids import duties. Fair play Elon, fair play!

• Funny
Reactions: tomahhunt and ukmy
OK, so I relented - I'm picking up on Feb 16th but decided to get a private plate because of the "old" 71 registration plates it'll be getting.
It's the first private plate for me but, needs must and all that.

If anyone is in the same situation they have about 45 registrations on the DVLA site that contain the 'model Y prefix' like this;

Y -- TSL
Y --- TSL

They only cost £250 at the moment including the £80 DVLA fee.

Hope that's of interest to any of you out there deliberating/ or taking early pick ups. There are 2 more page also...

Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 18.39.31.png

Last edited:
Reactions: dazzap and Campi
Weird.

I was eventually called by Tesla and told we’re sorry. No spaces and don’t worry, I hadn’t been forgotten about.. still waiting.
Maybe I’m being too polite and need to push it a bit more.
I have one booked for 11.00 on Friday next week, 4 Feb, but am inclined to cancel. It's an hour and back on the M25 for 20 minutes. No news at all on my November order Red/Black/19 so may get a chance later at Chelmsford or
OK, so I relented - I'm picking up on Feb 16th but decided to get a private plate because of the "old" 71 registration plates it'll be getting.
It's the first private plate for me but, needs must and all that.

If anyone is in the same situation they have about 45 registrations on the DVLA site that contain the 'model Y prefix' like this;

Y -- TSL
Y --- TSL

They only cost £250 at the moment including the £80 DVLA fee.

Hope that's of interest to any of you out there deliberating/ or taking early pick ups. There are 2 more page also...

View attachment 761331
I bought the missing one Y22TSL - expecting to get a 71 plate but heard nothing yet so probably will be March anyway

Reactions: Pete UK and Roarr
I've just been assigned a VIN for my day 1 MY reservation in white and 20" induction wheels! 😀

I wonder if others waiting have been assigned this afternoon. Found out through the Tesla VIN finder chrome extension which notified me which I would highly recommend.

I now have a car to get on with selling (lousy part exchange offer) and EV charge point to install...

What timescale can I expect between VIN assignment and delivery?

I'm picking up on the 19th. After numerous phone calls and emails, still waiting for trade-in valuation and still no VIN. So frustrating 😟
Pretty sure you will have a VIN. When I added a trade-in the html source code changed completely and the section where the VIN was defined disappeared. Remember what their server renders in the web page source is not all the details of your account.

It will be a "spectacular" event because Elon Musk and his Optimus humanoids will deliver cars to lucky ones that day. And they will offer plant based chips in lieu of electronic chips due to worldwide shortage. 😋
You're joking but knowing this company there's a good chance it will be something absurd that has no tangible value to people who don't worship at Elon Temple.
Picking up at Loch Fyne and hoping being in Scotland means less attention from anyone with cameras. Elon was in our con list for this car, but I'm not going to ignore a good product and the engineers that got it there b/c the face of the company annoys me. Fingers crossed the spectacular is something worthwhile/useful.

I’m in a unique position that a 21 plate/22spec Y may work out better as the car is on PCP via salary sacrifice with my company. So when it comes to the end I may be able to buy at a cheaper price as we get the option.
With PCP you normally only get the option to buy the car at a GMFV figure which is agreed at the start of the contract. As this is just an estimate of the minimum amount they expect the car to be worth at the end of the contract I don't believe it takes into account plate changes (at least it didn't with Tesla's PCP calculator).

Im hopping this launch/lunch malarky is out of the way. I changed build on the 18th, later that day was given a vin, next day was given the option to collect on the 19th (on old spec) didn't respond and got vin taken away, yesterday go confirmation of new build/design and today have another vin assigned with delivery between 9th and 23rd of February which is "not going to happen" either... its a rollercoaster 😄

So my trade in finally got processed. I next need to hit accept on the Tesla loan. Due to the trade in value, it now shows a negative amount due. Does anyone know what happens with that? Do I just not pay on the loan until the trade in amount has been "spent"?
I messed up and nudged remove trade in from my order. Now its just asking me to transfer the £55k with no delivery date or hidden vin.

Sent an email to [email protected] on Wednesday but I've yet to have a reply. No rush from my side..