Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope they are doing breakfast aswell, my pick up is 8am on the 19th!

Note: I am with leaseplan via work and had to get my vin via tesla chat.
Is there any need/advantage to getting the VIN before delivery? My lease company hold the order on their account and the vehicle will transfer to my account when I collect on the 19th. I have applied for the OZEV grant using proof of order and from what I understand the VIN wont help in tracking which ship the car is on (either Viking Bravery or Hyperion Ray by the sounds of it). What else would I need my VIN for?

What else would I need my VIN for
Really it's just to confirm you have a vehicle matched to your order. There is also the ability to sort out insurance (with some companies) with just the VIN, before you have the reg number - it's meant to be cheaper to get quotes around 3 weeks before you need the policy to start but you typically only get your reg 1 week before collection.

Reactions: Pete UK
Really it's just to confirm you have a vehicle matched to your order. There is also the ability to sort out insurance (with some companies) with just the VIN, before you have the reg number - it's meant to be cheaper to get quotes around 3 weeks before you need the policy to start but you typically only get your reg 1 week before collection.
Thanks, insurance is sorted by lease co so i wont bother the poor Tesla chat guys again This week!

I wondered why I was getting bombarded all week with emails from my leasing coming and Tesla to ensure all my paperwork is ready for delivery. I'm guessing they are giving all the 21 Plates to us Lease-lads. If I paid cash no way would I take delivery of a reg with 2 weeks left before it looks a year old. Not a snob but if we've waited long enough for the Y to hit the UK, I can wait a few more weeks. I think the whole event is a way to make those getting a soon to be out of date plate to feel special. If my leasing company thinks I will be shlepping to Southhampton on the 19th - good luck with that!

I wondered why I was getting bombarded all week with emails from my leasing coming and Tesla to ensure all my paperwork is ready for delivery. I'm guessing they are giving all the 21 Plates to us Lease-lads. If I paid cash no way would I take delivery of a reg with 2 weeks left before it looks a year old. Not a snob but if we've waited long enough for the Y to hit the UK, I can wait a few more weeks. I think the whole event is a way to make those getting a soon to be out of date plate to feel special. If my leasing company thinks I will be shlepping to Southhampton on the 19th - good luck with that!
Pretty much what I said to my lease chap, I've got no intention to going to Southampton (about 4 hour train- tube- train journey). He said that I've always been down for a Leicester collection so that's what I'll get (still an inconvenience, would prefer Duxford).

I kinda feel the same. As I am leasing not overly concerned about the number plate but certainly not travelling to Southampton.

Please could you put a link for the Tesla chat guys as can't seem to find through the support pages.
There's no link. It just appears on the website when you browse if there is an agent available.

I just went into M3 custom order and it appeared bottom left of the screen:
1643380678478.png

Pretty much what I said to my lease chap, I've got no intention to going to Southampton (about 4 hour train- tube- train journey). He said that I've always been down for a Leicester collection so that's what I'll get (still an inconvenience, would prefer Duxford).
Also feel that many will be distracted by all the 'flare' of the event (crawling with press, fan boys and influencers making stupid collection youtube videos) that many wont spot defects then and there. Especially for us leasers. A small suff I imagine I could live with could turn into an expensive drama in 3 years when I hand it back claiming that it was something I did and want money for! No, would rather they do the legwork, bring it to my house where they do the hand over inspection on my driveway with me standing there.

Reactions: ajbrun
My understanding on the tow bar from speaking to an advisor after a test drive is that it will be available to purchase after car delivery as an after sales item in the app and can be self fitted.
And the open question is will they just charge a few hundred £ for the towball attachment or £1000 to sell the towball and alao enable the service so it interacts with the vehicle. 🧐

Also feel that many will be distracted by all the 'flare' of the event (crawling with press, fan boys and influencers making stupid collection youtube videos) that many wont spot defects then and there. Especially for us leasers. A small suff I imagine I could live with could turn into an expensive drama in 3 years when I hand it back claiming that it was something I did and want money for! No, would rather they do the legwork, bring it to my house where they do the hand over inspection on my driveway with me standing there.
It will be a "spectacular" event because Elon Musk and his Optimus humanoids will deliver cars to lucky ones that day. And they will offer plant based chips in lieu of electronic chips due to worldwide shortage. 😋