Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im hopping this launch/lunch malarky is out of the way. I changed build on the 18th, later that day was given a vin, next day was given the option to collect on the 19th (on old spec) didn't respond and got vin taken away, yesterday go confirmation of new build/design and today have another vin assigned with delivery between 9th and 23rd of February which is "not going to happen" either... its a rollercoaster 😄
And just now got another text inviting me for the 19th ...again!... Why dont they just bugger off. I want a 22 plate!... besides, insurance quotes are VERY limited right now!

• Funny
Reactions: VX Foxy
Just from my experience, I put a change request on the 16th and it only got processed 2 days ago.

bloody hell. I guess they have a backlog of orders for the quarter but still - I wouldn’t mind if you were in your queue anyway, but changes that require you to be rematched by their ‘special system’ means any delay is potentially pushing your delivery out further

Reactions: hairysteve
"A few more months" sounds about right vs Tesla's mid 2022 estimates?
I think they were expecting Berlin production to start early feb.. so if it’s delayed this will have a knock on effect for the UK. I presume the mid 2022 uk indication was with production starting imminently. With first few months of P delivery heading to mainland Europe first. If this gets pushed out, perhaps P for UK will come from China.

I got on a call with Tesla yesterday, sharing what I heard here.
So basically I saw the "hidden" VIN in the page source, and called to ask if they had the reg number yet, as I want to sort out the insurance. The answer was that the reg would only be ready a few days in advance of the delivery (Feb 19th), but...
He said some insurers may do it based on the VIN alone, told me to try LV and Direct Line on Monday as he expects they'll be able to quote on the MY then.

I have tried LV online in the past (I have house insurance with them) and indeed they didn't have the MY option. Same for DL. So let's see on Monday...

V5C trade in question. Tesla need a picture of page 3 from the V5C form. In getting this, I realised I hadn't updated my address from when we moved house. My fault, so I've just requested an update now. Does anyone know if I can still submit a picture of the current page 3?

I assume the document reference number will get updated, so I'm probably best waiting to receive my new copy unless anyone knows otherwise?

Well I just had some good fortune. A few weeks ago I accidentally deleted my trade-in offer at £11,000. Called CS to explain my stupidity and vehicle details were put back on the account. However, I was told they had to do a new valuation. Today I received an offer at £12,000 😀. I have now uploaded the V5C document and accepted the offer. BTW, WBAC only offered £9,500.

Well I just had some good fortune. A few weeks ago I accidentally deleted my trade-in offer at £11,000. Called CS to explain my stupidity and vehicle details were put back on the account. However, I was told they had to do a new valuation. Today I received an offer at £12,000 😀. I have now uploaded the V5C document and accepted the offer. BTW, WBAC only offered £9,500.
Looks like the only way to get higher valuation is remove the old trade in and do it again. but take your own risk the price can go up and down.