Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked about the parcel shelf and tried to be as specific as possible. My email:

With the UK Model Y deliveries just around the corner, I'm looking to find a conclusive answer about the inclusion of a parcel shelf with the Model Y's as I've been reading conflicting information.

Since the UK owners manual (link below) mentions the presence of a parcel shelf in no uncertain terms, should we therefore expect this to be present with all UK delivered vehicles?

"Model Y is equipped with a parcel shelf that covers the rear trunk cargo."

If this is not the case, will the installation of the parcel shelf be available by visiting a service centre after delivery, free of charge?

Their response:
Deliveries from the Shanghai factory this quarter WILL NOT have the parcel shelf fitted and retrofitting is not an option. There needs to be mouldings in the rear for the shelf to sit on, and it is our understanding that the vehicles will not have these mouldings.

The Model Y Performance vehicles will be coming from Berlin, these will have a parcel shelf. Deliveries are scheduled to start later this year.

We have no concrete information yet on Model Y vehicles out of Shanghai for later this year. Long Range Model Y will continue to come from Shanghai for the foreseeable future.

I still maintain that given it's mentioned in the manual without exclusion that it should be expected...

Also odd considering the LHD Shanghai vehicles are being made with parcel shelf hooks. Hard to know what to believe...

Last edited:
Ah fair enough then. Still interesting now China is manufacturing MY's with parcel shelves, except for RHD configurations though.
But they are manufacturing RHD’s with parcel shelf’s and have been selling them in HK since November?

Attachments

• 47E3C9BD-DD69-4823-80EF-C32D536BD6EC.jpeg
    47E3C9BD-DD69-4823-80EF-C32D536BD6EC.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: VX Foxy and ajbrun
So another person from Tesla advising YP from Berlin. Best get started soon! I can see ‘mid 2022’ slipping if this remains the plan. I would take one from China (even without parcel shelf) if delivery was earlier in the year.

Will be interesting to see if there are other spec differences with Berlin Y’s

Reactions: drumkills
Same :) but it does say they won’t register it till pick up… we’re both bristol pickups I think maybe that’s why… AJ71
No but yeah, my pick up is in Duxford but yes its AJ71...
Probably they just registered it at that office in Bristol, who knows?

Side note for anyone putting a different plate on...

You need the reference number on the actual V5 logbook to allocate your private plate to the vehicle as well, so I guess it'll be a few days before I can get that on the car. Also more importantly, I see that the plate allocation to the car can now be done online, which should make things faster.

Good luck people, I'm getting quite excited now.

Last edited: