Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent an email one evening asking when they would advise me of my registration number because I needed it for my Insurance. I got no reply to the email but I did get a text message soon after with my VIN number and registration number !

The text arrived on the 30th Jan I think. (My delivery date is 16th Feb at Duxford).

So progressing along nicely;

✔️ Confirmation I can Pick up on my wife's behalf
✔️ Balance: Paid in full
✔️ Insurance: Admiral Gold
✔️ Private plates: bought, delivered (SurePlates.co.uk) - You only need supply the V750 and a DL to purchase. (or similar - possibly not even this 😁)

To do;

Collect the car
Wait for the V5C from in the post from the DVLA (Hopefully 3-5 days, as I guess they won't be busy end of Feb 😖)
Allocate the private plate online, rip the massive horrible black number plate holders off and 3M the new plates on 😂

Whoop Whoop - Game on !

MYLR Black, white interior, 20" inductions.
2 weeks today 😎

I sent an email one evening asking when they would advise me of my registration number because I needed it for my Insurance. I got no reply to the email but I did get a text message soon after with my VIN number and registration number !

The text arrived on the 30th Jan I think. (My delivery date is 16th Feb at Duxford).

So progressing along nicely;

✔️ Confirmation I can Pick up on my wife's behalf
✔️ Balance: Paid in full
✔️ Insurance: Admiral Gold
✔️ Private plates: bought, delivered (SurePlates.co.uk) - You only need supply the V750 and a DL to purchase. (or similar - possibly not even this 😁)

To do;

Collect the car
Wait for the V5C from in the post from the DVLA (Hopefully 3-5 days, as I guess they won't be busy end of Feb 😖)
Allocate the private plate online, rip the massive horrible black number plate holders off and 3M the new plates on 😂

Whoop Whoop - Game on !

MYLR Black, white interior, 20" inductions.
🥳

Tesla are just delivering from China and arranging it to arrive on the UK's car mid year changeover is not top of their priorities. Bmw have a six month guestimate for there's and Skoda its 46 weeks!
Ring them and they will give you an outline of what happens next, I did and was told early March, the ones arriving Feb are matched mainly white/black 19" and mostly to Southampton docks.
After the first deliveries the March deliveries will be to service centres around the UK (no lunch) and likely fully charged.
Agrees exactly with what they told me today - grey MY with current schedule to arrive in Bristol on the 22nd with pickup at the beginning of March 👍

Referring back to Insurance for the MY, i have just changed my cover with direct line to insure my MY LR from 19th feb through to my renewal in october. I just need to confirm the reg when i get it. Coming from a M3, surprisingly i'm now due £125 rebate.
for ref, i'm 41, s,d p inc business and in TW2 on the driveway overnight. 15 years NCD.
Hi Ben

I have been on the phone to Direct Line today, (twice), and they aren't able to find Model Y. Did you do it over the phone or online?

I emailed [email protected] yesterday asking about moving my status to request final payment. They have just responded and final payment is being requested. It also says this 'Wire transfer your final payment to Tesla. Email proof of payment in the form of a receipt or screenshot to [email protected] at least 48 hours before delivery.' I can also see a final invoice that contains the licence plate number (AJ71). I paid £10 as my bank said they didn’t recognise the account I was paying, I could see it come of my balance within an hour.

Last edited:
Hi yes over the phone. Seemed to be no problems finding the Y,
Hi Ben, thank you. I had no joy and so tried the "Tesla - Direct Line number about an hour ago and they couldn't manage to help at all; going to look into it and call me in the next couple of days. Very frustrating as the last person I spoke to said, Oh yes we have a partnership with Tesla. Clearly the partners aren't talking to each other! Going to email DL CEO tomorrow as also had problems with renewal and adding my son as driver on 19/2 because their new IT system which went live a couple of days ago "is broken"!

Yes it was a 20 minute drive on a pre-programmed route that they had entered into the sat nav. I also had the opportunity to have a good look around the red left hand drive car that they had on display. I originally ordered a blue car with white interior and standard wheels but decided I preferred the black interior after seeing it in the flesh. As has been said before, ride is on the firm side so I decided to stick with the Gemini wheels. I was generally impressed with the car despite its ride and handling not being quite as good as previous cars that I have owned.
Thanks, that's useful. Especially deciding to stay with the 19's, as smoothness of ride is definitely important to me. I currently drive a Merc E-class estate with Airmatic and found the Model3 I tested to be acceptable, though clearly not as smooth a ride. If it is known for certain that the MY is destined to have adaptive suspension, as has been discussed as a possibility, I'd definitely wait for it, but as I also need to change my weekend convertible maybe I'll get an E-class convertible with airmatic and the MY will be fine for the M-F drive.

Woop woop. Got a text about an hour ago (phone was on charge) and confirmed delivery for the 1st of march (latest it would let me do was the 3rd) and the earliest was sometime this month (didn't pay attention as not interested)

Long story short, its the second VIN ive had (first one i did not respond for delivery on the 19th at Southampton).
Got the same SMS. I am another 19th Southampton non-responder. Car booked for collection at Bluewater. :)

Reactions: Js1977
OK so it just real... final invoice arrived less agreed trade-in and credit for the £100 reservation fee.

FWIW the vehicle reg is printed on the final invoice as well - so if you have the invoice on your account then you have the vehicle reg too. Roll on the 19th!!!!

Reactions: Campi and Pete UK