Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a SMS from Tesla to schedule delivery. Picked 03/03

I had originally chosen Thorpe Park for collection.. only option was:

Brent Cross Delivery Hub
Brent Park Rd
London, England NW4 3HP

Is this a new collection centre?

From me I bought a 17 plate Renault Zoe from Arnold Clark on March 1st of 2017, I guess they could preregister for a 71, but I believe they can preregister for March 1st like Arnold Clark did, they gave me the Reg for getting Insurance days before.
That's helpful thank you! I didn't know they could preregister (like I said...clueless 😁) - have plumped for the 01st, very excited!

Just had a SMS from Tesla to schedule delivery. Picked 03/03

I had originally chosen Thorpe Park for collection.. only option was:

Brent Cross Delivery Hub
Brent Park Rd
London, England NW4 3HP

Is this a new collection centre?

Yes, they used it last year too. Thorpe Park opens around easter so they need the car park space back.

And despite this happening last year, Tesla still go ahead and book people in Thorpe park then move them. Brent cross should be open by March - I had my collection on 11th Feb moved to Southampton because Brent Cross won’t be open by then - despite them having booked me in there themselves!

Can anyone with a confirmed licence plate see that the details are live on the gov site? Check if a vehicle is taxed

No, my details are not "live" yet. I assume they don't add your name to the car registration until you've paid and collect it.

I assume until delivery day, they won't pay the £55 registration fee and add you as the "registered keeper".

Once you turn up and accept the car, I presume that's when they register you as the "owner" and send off the details to the DVLA.

Reactions: Silox
No, my details are not "live" yet. I assume they don't add your name to the car registration until you've paid and collect it.

I assume until delivery day, they won't pay the £55 registration fee and add you as the "registered keeper".

Once you turn up and accept the car, I presume that's when they register you as the "owner" and send off the details to the DVLA.
It says in the text they will register with the DVLA on the day you collect

First post on here having received a text offering collection between 24 Feb and 3 March. Gone for 1 March on the basis that it will be a 22 plate (which I prefer rather than a late 71). I've read something somewhere saying it will be registered on collection day although I can't find where I've read it now! Reassuring to see other posts above saying the same.

Silver, black interior, induction wheels...can't wait. Ordered 24 October.

I expect they have an allocation already reserved for themselves and then can register it to an individual owner on collection.
Yes exactly this, they get blocks of numbers from the different areas around the country preallocated and only file with the DVLA on the day. This is why you insurance company won’t be able to pull up car details from the reg even if you have been given it two weeks in advance.

Reactions: Pete UK