Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to refuse 19th Feb, just to avoid the trip down and the challenge of trying to get insurance by 19th (with no one having Model Y online yet), but no one at Tesla was able to explain exactly how/when I would get a new VIN assigned if I turned down the 19th. Instead, it was all very vague with comments like "hopefully March, but not guaranteed" so for now I have hung on and am still due to collect on the 19th. Interested to know how you get on though.
I failed to respond to the 19th Feb pick up invitation. When I called Tesla CS I was advised similar to you with a reallocated car for March collection. Yet when the invitation expired I was sent an SMS within 48 hours and booked collection for 26th February.

P.S. You should be able to get an insurance quote for the MY as mentioned in the MY Insurance thread. It's just that the quotes are limited to the Admiral group through the comparison sites.

This is what I keep coming back to each time I consider a non-Tesla EV option...

excellent taste ;)
hopefully we get some news soon.
Ive been considering cancelling and going for a Q4 etron...just having doubts about Tesla build quality and comfort on longer drives (wind&road noise).
But not having the super charger network is kind of a big deal i guess.
Likewise, I have been looking at other options like the Q4 E-Tron or Kia EV6 but I wouldn't want to attempt a longer trip without being able to access the Supercharger network (heard too many horror stories of people being stranded because a charger wasn't working!)

Yep. Blue LR, white interior, induction wheels

excellent taste ;)
hopefully we get some news soon.
Ive been considering cancelling and going for a Q4 etron...just having doubts about Tesla build quality and comfort on longer drives (wind&road noise).
But not having the super charger network is kind of a big deal i guess.
How much are the Q4 etron
Think around 5-10k cheaper tbh. Less range though
Errm they start at 61k and some

People might already been aware of this, but if you reply to the Tesla text messages with anything other than yes, no or stop its apparently routed to an actual person. Had them confirm via text this morning that delivery will be made on an open trailer (was concerned it would be driven to me and absolutely filthy) and that my reg/ vin will be provided 7-10 days before delivery.

We have a delivery confirmed for 2nd March. Just conscious whether the above applies to deliveries too as not sure if Tesla pre-reg and would be gutting to have car delivered on 2nd March to get a 71 plate. Its a lease car if it makes any difference.
Collection date is different from Registration date, if no reg details have been provide, it suggests it could be a 22 plate.

Back in the day, cars were 6 month old sitting in depots waiting for owners and registration - So while your car was a new plate (registered for plate change over), it was actually 6 months old :)

Reactions: Makeitadouble
Correct, and thanks. I’m just off with CS, and nothing is registered by Tesla until the day of pickup, so 28th=71 plate, 1st March will be 22 plate. They also said that no MY this Q will have a parcel shelf. Only MYP from Berlin will have one, and they have no confirmation that MYLR from Shanghai next Q will have one either. At least we know for the first deliveries.
I dont think they really know. Someone the other day got told that they would have parcel shelves! As I recall photos from new MYs in Hong Kong back in December had them.. Given UK cars have been built in 2022 that would mean they changed the production line, tooling etc to facilitate the parcel shelf and then reversed it??? Maybe the reports of cars with the shelf were actually just 3rd party add-ons being used as click-bait 🤷‍♂️

I failed to respond to the 19th Feb pick up invitation. When I called Tesla CS I was advised similar to you with a reallocated car for March collection. Yet when the invitation expired I was sent an SMS within 48 hours and booked collection for 26th February.

Yeah, but this hasn't been everyone's experience, so there is some risk

P.S. You should be able to get an insurance quote for the MY as mentioned in the MY Insurance thread. It's just that the quotes are limited to the Admiral group through the comparison sites.

Admiral prices are high, and I'm struggling to get anyone else to quote and I don't want to pay £500 more for insurance just to get the car a couple of weeks earlier.

Admiral prices are high, and I'm struggling to get anyone else to quote and I don't want to pay £500 more for insurance just to get the car a couple of weeks earlier.

I had an initial quote from Admiral via the app (on the back out our multicar policy) which I've just firmed up over the phone ready for delivery on 2/3 (just need to give them reg).

Mine is £455 - I'm 39 (wife also 39 as a named driver), 10K, SDP, driveway in Cambridgeshire overnight, full NCD. They have bumped up mandatory excess to £500 (and my voluntary is £350, so £850 in total).

All Admiral electric car policies come with free recovery if you run out of charge plus after checking with his manager he said their view is that all Teslas have trackers.

This is what I keep coming back to each time I consider a non-Tesla EV option...
Its a concern that:
  1. Tesla are talking about opening the supercharger network. Despite being a fanboy, would I have opted for something like a nearly-new ID.4 if I could use superchargers... quite possibly. Actually.. quite likely as the MY is pricey.
  2. Tesla are talking down the "Model 2" saying there is a lot of scope for price reduction on the Y and 3. Hopefully this is with cheaper standard range/RWD models or lower spec. Otherwise it could it be a problem for residual values down the line.
Given where we are it could be a couple of years until other makes get access and even then will it be every stall in every supercharger, hideously expensive or somehow nobbled to ensure Tesla owners get a premium experience? I hope so.

I've wanted a Tesla since first seeing a Roadster prototype on display at the Motor Show (cant even remember what year that was) but the MY is the first I've considered owning. Speaking of which at some point I've got to make a rather large bank transfer 🥶

Reactions: Pete UK and ajbrun
How much are the Q4 etron

Errm they start at 61k and some
Dont know where you have read that....they start at 43k, just checked to be sure. So considerably cheaper than MY. See the screenshot.
I said 5-10k cheaper as thats for a spec that is more similar to the MY in terms of range, but still cheaper.

You have to spec everything max to hit 60k+!

Screenshot 2022-02-04 at 13.52.24.png