Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I emailed the CEO of Direct Line yesterday afternoon, and have just had a call from one of the senior managers on the motor team.

He said that having escalated it yesterday the team responsible for adding the Model Y onto the system tried to update it last night but that failed. He indicated that they were going to try to get it done by Monday and he would call me on Monday with an update.

He said that if it failed on Monday they would keep trying as they are aware of the urgent need to provide cover for the Model Y.

I'll post an update on Monday.
Good to know, although DL are not exactly cheap so unlikely to be the most competitive quotes unless they offer special rates for Tesla?

Seems from earlier posts, I few people have had VIN's assigned today. My VIN was assigned this morning and I now have an estimate delivery of 02 Mar - 16 March displayed in the account page (Bluewater collection). I ordered on 02 Dec white on white with gemini's

Dont know where you have read that....they start at 43k, just checked to be sure. So considerably cheaper than MY. See the screenshot.
I said 5-10k cheaper as thats for a spec that is more similar to the MY in terms of range, but still cheaper.

You have to spec everything max to hit 60k+!

View attachment 764787
Rather wait for a SR Model Y..😬

1643996079353.png

Hi All. When is the MY Performance coming to UK? I have ordered one on the Octopus Scheme and they have given me a 15th March delivery date. Everything I have seen says the P is not due until mid Summer. Octo did say they bulk ordered early which might be true but I don't see how I will get one in March.

Hi All. When is the MY Performance coming to UK? I have ordered one on the Octopus Scheme and they have given me a 15th March delivery date. Everything I have seen says the P is not due until mid Summer. Octo did say they bulk ordered early which might be true but I don't see how I will get one in March.
Europe are getting MYP this quarter, coming from China but the UK one seems to be TBC at this moment and the rumour is it will be made in Germany - so it will have to wait for that factory to start up.

I don't see how the lease company got an estimated delivery date of March, unless they are confused with the LR.

DirectLine is now quoting for MY online! It is cheaper than Admiral for me!
Another option is ByMiles who I currently use for my Hybrid X5. Because they can vary the insurance type based on usage of the car (vs being parked) it actually works out way cheaper than regular insurers.

I just connected to their customer service. They will be looking to enable Model Y shortly in the quote system.

Useful alternative. Bit more tech enabled option to match the tech enabled car!!

I'm as frustrated as anyone as the girl from CS on Monday told me she was checking the spec on my car and it did have a parcel shelf. The chap this morning sounded the most knowledgeable out of anyone I've spoken to, and he asked I plaster it across all the forums that all Q1 LR MY cars will not have a parcel shelf. I took that as pretty definitive.
Sigh, I got told yesterday on the phone that my Feb 15th Model Y *WILL DEFINITELY* be delivered with a parcel shelf!

Think around 5-10k cheaper tbh. Less range though
My wife and I were looking at the Q4 e-tron. Once we built it up to match the Model Y though (seats with memory settings, cameras all around) it actually cost more. Granted, we preferred the HUD on the windshield and interior comfort; but the lack of super charger network, shorter range, less cargo space, and rear drum brakes just added up to not be a fair trade for our interests (not to mention the significantly longer wait at the moment). Great car though still.