Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The chart is correct. The MY in Europe has been 75 kWh for Q4 2021, and the UK orders opened with the range that this battery provides. The range has recently increased due to the change from a 75 kWh to 79 kWh battery. Whether the initial batch of MYs in the UK are as ordered or whether they come with the larger battery remains to be seen. It's possible that for Q1 they are on the smaller battery and Q2 onwards get the larger battery and extended range.

The M3 LR in Europe is now 79 kWh, up from 75 kWh last year, the same as the MY. 82 kWh related to MIA vehicles with Panasonic batteries that aren't shipped to Europe.
Is there a relatively simple way of telling whether my MY will have 75 or 79kwh? I know you can potentially connect to the OBD port or something, but you’d need equipment for that that I don’t want to buy.

Is there a relatively simple way of telling whether my MY will have 75 or 79kwh? I know you can potentially connect to the OBD port or something, but you’d need equipment for that that I don’t want to buy.

This page may be helpful. It shows that if it's a Ryzen (which apparently all UK models will be), then it'll have the 79kWh battery.
VarianteDrive UnitVersionConsumptionRange CombinedRange Cityf0f1f2Rolling Resist.Test MassMCU
1​
2​
3​
5​
6​
Wh/kmkmkmNN/(km/h)N/(km/h)²RRkg###
Y5CDZb
169​
507​
607​
163,000​
105,900​
2211​
Atom
Y5LDZb
169​
542​
655​
163,000​
105,900​
2211​
Atom
Y5LDZp
171​
528​
639​
169,600​
2150​
Atom
Y5LDZp
171​
514​
607​
176,100​
108,000​
2187​
Ryzen
Y6LRZb
157​
455​
559​
157,300​
102,700​
2153​
Atom

1644330620136.png

Yes, same for me. Ordered MSM/ Black / 19s in early Nov and not heard a dicky bird since completing the pre delivery info in Jan. It’s frustrating seeing so many getting their dates and VINs on here !
Yes me too. I rdered about 7.30 on October 15. got offered a Southampton Launch Day collection which I refused as I want a 22 plate. Heard nothing since despite 2 phone calls and a couple of emails all from me. So just to double down I ordered another last Friday same spec, order stands the same except it tells me I will get a March delivery?

Yes me too. I rdered about 7.30 on October 15. got offered a Southampton Launch Day collection which I refused as I want a 22 plate. Heard nothing since despite 2 phone calls and a couple of emails all from me. So just to double down I ordered another last Friday same spec, order stands the same except it tells me I will get a March delivery?
Similar issue - got offered Southampton, but out of country with work, so said I could be back by 28th Feb - lady said, are you sure? Its an amazing event - physically couldnt collect it on the day. Then heard zero since then

Reactions: hairysteve
Sounds bizarre, but it is almost like there is a red flag not to offer a vehicle until 1 March which is not the same as asking for a March car.
Just placed another order, same spec and the new order has a March delivery while my October was still saying "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. ". Lets see which order comes in first :D

I just received the email "we need you to complete the steps in your My Tesla Account please log into your account and complete each section with the relevant details and work through the sections step by step. If you do not complete this process we will be unable to allow your order to be matched with a vehicle and your delivery will be delayed indefinitely."

The only thing left to do is for them to give me the trade in value.. I'll be pretty cheesed off if the order is delayed indefinitely because they can't get their act together.

And to make it worse, after sending an email like that when I tried to call their 'support' line just hangs up on you!

Last edited:
Without any further updates beyond my confirmed delivery slot, my account today let's me make payment now.
I also have the contracts and pre-contract agreements, they have areas for signing... do we sign them on the day? it doesn't instruct me to sign and return them nor to bring them with me?

Can someone who's done it before shed some light on this thanks :) ?

Without any further updates beyond my confirmed delivery slot, my account today let's me make payment now.
I also have the contracts and pre-contract agreements, they have areas for signing... do we sign them on the day? it doesn't instruct me to sign and return them nor to bring them with me?

Can someone who's done it before shed some light on this thanks :) ?
So mine said preparing contracts after I accepted the trade in... then it changed to ask me for payment. Done that and now it just has basic instructions for collection day with no other "next steps" and no mention of contracts anywhere - when they say contract, perhaps they mean the final invoice which also appeared?

So mine said preparing contracts after I accepted the trade in... then it changed to ask me for payment. Done that and now it just has basic instructions for collection day with no other "next steps" and no mention of contracts anywhere - when they say contract, perhaps they mean the final invoice which also appeared?
1644341695751.png

No, sorry - I mean the documents section on the right now shows these agreements (lending + pre contract), both of which have an area for date + my signature. Presumably they'll be done onsite at collection.