Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting chat with CS a few moments ago regarding my 19th Feb Pick up in Southampton. The car arrived today on Viking Bravery. I had assumed it arrived a few days ago on Hyperion Ray. He checked and confirmed it has 70% Charge ....... happy days might just about get me home!
Had my first call from Tesla checking I was ready to pickup my MY on the 19th in Southampton too

Test drove today.
Honestly, cabin noise felt slightly better than my M3. Seating position noticeably higher, more comfortable mainly down to the extra room.
Build quality (handles etc felt and looked better than my US made 3 also) which I was pleasantly pleased about.
Ride isfirm but not worse than the 3, if anything felt slightly better over bumps.
No parcel shelf on the test drive car, and a fair amount of noise from the back which you donā€™t have on the 3 (the whine from the electric motor is something I donā€™t hear as clearly usually).
Considerably more space which is my main reason to upgrade.
Lacking the quality/cabin noise of an Audi/BMW but not enough of a deal breaker for me tbh. Going to keep my order, awaiting a VIN still.
Looking forward to seeing if tomorrows cars have parcel shelf or mud flaps. :)

Interesting chat with CS a few moments ago regarding my 19th Feb Pick up in Southampton. The car arrived today on Viking Bravery. I had assumed it arrived a few days ago on Hyperion Ray. He checked and confirmed it has 70% Charge ....... happy days might just about get me home!
Interesting indeed. Do you recall roughly what date you received/discovered your VIN? Iā€™m trying to work out when they are assigned.

Bristol is only 11:00 and 11:30 appointments. Drove around there yesterday (Sunday) as I was in the area and there was nothing to see in terms of outside preparations (or any cars). I have been told by Tesla peeps both 40 and 50 in terms of numbers.
His jet hasn't moved from Austin in last 2 days, so it's not looking good for a personal handover of that flamethrower :(
See you there!

I will be posting any updates with "DELIVERY EVENT SPOILER ALERT!"
Good luck to you, @tomahhunt and @Pandinium for pickup tomorrow, our pioneers! Pics are welcome, but don't forget to enjoy the event too šŸ˜

Expensive yes, but you get what you pay for I guess. I was clear on what I wanted black rims + 19" wheels. I looked at powder coating and other cheaper covers, but I felt nothing came closer to the quality and looks (subjective, I know!) of these Rimetrix Laminar covers. So I just went ahead and bought them. They will probably be available for delivery to UK directly in future and I estimate them to be around Ā£300-320 with delivery. So I may have spent 50 quid more, but hey I will have them from Day 1!

That's more or less what I paid (I need to see how much it is converted to in Ā£) - I paid all in USD because I have a card which offers good deals on foreign currency. But yes, if you damage one of them, getting a replacement will again cost. A risk I was aware of. But hoping I do not damage them or may be add some sort of rim protectors on top of these plastics :D
I paid in US$ as well but canā€™t remember what the rate was. Iā€˜m hoping it wont be like rims in the 80ā€™s or 90ā€™s when theyā€™d fall off relatively easily and people started securing them with cable ties! :eek: or heaven forbid, they get stolen! :confused:

Theft is the main thing holding me back. Doubt theyā€™d last a week in Swindon.
Iā€™m going to take in my mud flaps I got off Amazon and ask them to fit themšŸ˜‚

Attachments

• 1954624B-E404-40D4-BD27-07B20A18DDCF.jpeg
    1954624B-E404-40D4-BD27-07B20A18DDCF.jpeg
    548.5 KB · Views: 71
Those of you who have test driven/seen one in person, did you expect the boot to be bigger? For some reason I thought it would be a lot bigger lol maybe one of those things that doesnā€™t show well in pics/vids.

The main reason I wanted a test drive was to see how firm it was on the 20ā€™s and it felt completely normal to me.

Reactions: Pete UK
Those of you who have test driven/seen one in person, did you expect the boot to be bigger? For some reason I thought it would be a lot bigger lol maybe one of those things that doesnā€™t show well in pics/vids.

The main reason I wanted a test drive was to see how firm it was on the 20ā€™s and it felt completely normal to me.
I am used to BMW and Run flatsā€¦ I think anything would be softer even if they were solid rubber - I hate sloppy floaty feeling cars so I went with the 20ā€™s.

Reactions: NSS89