Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the Y has an intelligent speed limiter? So does it allows you to limit the top speed to the limits of the road you are on. I’ve had this in previous cars and found it really usable. Then you could push the pedal further to override.
Not that I know of.

There's a max speed limit you can set with a pin.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220216-183540_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220216-183540_Tesla.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 78
Also a quick question on peoples feelings re wheels. As I ordered through a leasing company I didn't get the option to customise the spec so my car is coming with the Gemini 19" with Aero hub caps.

I've gone for pearl white, like I have done for many of my cars and I like the dark contrasting wheels and roof look. So my options are:

1. Remove the aero hubs and get the Gemini alloys powder coated in matt black
  2. Buy Rimetrix Laminar black hub caps from the US, costing about £400 + with the using myUS for shipping and import duties
  3. Instead of £400+ on hub caps buy some aftermarket alloys and swap the tyres (any recommendations for aftermarket model y alloys?)
  4. Don't do anything and hopefully like the aero hub caps or silver alloys as stock
I'm still in the US at the moment so every 5th car is a Model Y. The 19s totally change the vibe of the car. Looks like a Kia Sorento pipe and slippers SUV vs an aggressive, premium looking car. It's mostly the color contrast so the Rimetrix covers look pretty good, seen a few of those. People also seem to have good results with plastidip, tho not sure on the longevity of that. The wheels with the covers removed and powder coated could look decent. I think Tesla knows most people will upgrade the wheels, nice little profit maker upsell option right from the get go.

Last edited:
Reactions: ukmy
Does anyone know if the Y has an intelligent speed limiter? So does it allows you to limit the top speed to the limits of the road you are on. I’ve had this in previous cars and found it really usable. Then you could push the pedal further to override.
You can set up a visual/audible alert if it exceeds the local speed limit by a configurable number of miles per hour. Useful warning if you start speeding unexpectedly

Reactions: frankiejr
Also a quick question on peoples feelings re wheels. As I ordered through a leasing company I didn't get the option to customise the spec so my car is coming with the Gemini 19" with Aero hub caps.

I've gone for pearl white, like I have done for many of my cars and I like the dark contrasting wheels and roof look. So my options are:

1. Remove the aero hubs and get the Gemini alloys powder coated in matt black
  2. Buy Rimetrix Laminar black hub caps from the US, costing about £400 + with the using myUS for shipping and import duties
  3. Instead of £400+ on hub caps buy some aftermarket alloys and swap the tyres (any recommendations for aftermarket model y alloys?)
  4. Don't do anything and hopefully like the aero hub caps or silver alloys as stock
Option 1 anyday if insurance companies don't penalise. Option 4 is where most of us eventually end up once the initial novelty wear off by autumn.

If you don’t have a delivery slot, yet - try this

“https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/schedule/RNYOURNUMBERHERE”

So I used this and I have a date so first off thank you very much. Day 1 ordered, turned down Southampton, been staring at a estimated delivery range ever since.

However, now I’m dreading getting there and finding out there has been an admin mess up and I don’t have a car assigned (given that link was me kind of going round their system) who’s to say they had my spec to offer on that delivery date?

Finally the booking available was towards the end of the estimated date range I’ve been showing for a while. Could I have accidentally made my collection date further in the future if boats are yet to land and cars/dates are yet to be assigned? I guess I can’t check or move forward this date now, only cancel and go to the back of the queue probably in May next?

Impatience has either saved me or made the wait worse!

Reactions: hairysteve
So I used this and I have a date so first off thank you very much. Day 1 ordered, turned down Southampton, been staring at a estimated delivery range ever since.

However, now I’m dreading getting there and finding out there has been an admin mess up and I don’t have a car assigned (given that link was me kind of going round their system) who’s to say they had my spec to offer on that delivery date?

Finally the booking available was towards the end of the estimated date range I’ve been showing for a while. Could I have accidentally made my collection date further in the future if boats are yet to land and cars/dates are yet to be assigned? I guess I can’t check or move forward this date now, only cancel and go to the back of the queue probably in May next?

Same! Have you paid the final invoice?

You should have a vin , don’t think it will let you otherwise. I think they only assigned another batch of vins today. I only found it when I looked in the source, so you should have a VIN :) . I’ll probably confirm a few days before collection by calling the them or something.

Reactions: dangrenade