Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's one option to carry my bikes. Alternatively £450 for roof bars but currently out of stock.
I have zero experience in aerodynamics to back this up but instinctively I would have thought that mounting bikes behind the car would be a lot better than on the roof? If so then less impact on range with the tow bar mounted option...maybe little difference good or bad between them though. I'm sure someone who knows better is on here!

It is indeed quit expensive for a tow bar, £500 max will be more suitable. Therefore I have decided no to go for a tow bar with the MY and I have sold my trailer. 🙄
As I understand it the tow-bar is factory fitted, and you are paying for the bespoke tow-ball and enabled electronics which hopefully is not £1k.

But then again I may be wrong :oops:

Reactions: RichardTheKing
Reactions: hairysteve
I am not joking. She said there were a few all caught up in the mess. I am now literally waiting for them to reallocate one from the next ship. Gutted is not the word....
I had the same call at 4pm.
Apparently a broken headlight on mine but I don’t see how a headlight gets smashed without some other scratch / dent. Either way it’s damage on a brand new car which sours the taste a bit, so I don’t think I really want ‘that’ car anymore. Likewise I’m now in the dark and waiting for options from Tesla.

I had the same call at 4pm.
Apparently a broken headlight on mine but I don’t see how a headlight gets smashed without some other scratch / dent. Either way it’s damage on a brand new car which sours the taste a bit, so I don’t think I really want ‘that’ car anymore. Likewise I’m now in the dark and waiting for options from Tesla.
Usually Tesla are like ‘just take it. It will be fine’. In this case I don’t think I would. It’s a special day completely spoilt. They need to find you another car quickly

Reactions: hairysteve