Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This page may be helpful. It shows that if it's a Ryzen (which apparently all UK models will be), then it'll have the 79kWh battery.
VarianteDrive UnitVersionConsumptionRange CombinedRange Cityf0f1f2Rolling Resist.Test MassMCU
1​
2​
3​
5​
6​
Wh/kmkmkmNN/(km/h)N/(km/h)²RRkg###
Y5CDZb
169​
507​
607​
163,000​
105,900​
2211​
Atom
Y5LDZb
169​
542​
655​
163,000​
105,900​
2211​
Atom
Y5LDZp
171​
528​
639​
169,600​
2150​
Atom
Y5LDZp
171​
514​
607​
176,100​
108,000​
2187​
Ryzen
Y6LRZb
157​
455​
559​
157,300​
102,700​
2153​
Atom

View attachment 766346
So I am trying to figure this out, while this is super helpful and gives me real hope it's 79kwh. I have a car coming end of March (likely to be shipped 18th Feb for 4 week trip). I hope this has the 79kwh pack but if anyone who has a MY collected already in the UK if they can confirm if they know and how they know that would be great! I have spent hours on this thread trying to find proof

Fingers crossed. I've got a VIN as well. That suggests that I've been allocated a car but who knows? @Dangerous Fish ?
Having been through this twice in the past I don't think the process is predictable. I postponed my Southampton Y collection from yesterday (glad I did considering the weather) and the delivery team issued me with a credit note against the original invoice and allocated a new VIN to me on Feb 10th, then I got a text on the 16th with the schedule link giving me a new pick up date on March 15th.
But I know others have had different texts and ways Tesla has communicated the schedule to them. It's the usual Tesla randomness.
I'm more relaxed about it now but I understand how anyone new to Tesla would find it all very odd.

For audio tests this one has been around for years.. no idea if there's a tidal equivalent though

Also this one is quite good for showing off..

Seems like a good time to resurface this post.

Reactions: 60milesmile
Yeah, I did consider that it but looks much better anyway just stuck onto the backplate. Also looks a bit tricky to get a sticky one on without a lot of patience.
You can only ‘stick’ a flexible stick on number plate there, as the body is curved in all 3 axis, so you can’t stick a rigid plastic plate straight to the bodywork at the front.
Back is easy enough. 👍🏻
What did you use to ‘stick’? I am going to follow your suggestions but want to check I’m using something sticky enough that will also come off again in a few years!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 18.54.26.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 18.54.26.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 145
What did you use to ‘stick’? I am going to follow your suggestions but want to check I’m using something sticky enough that will also come off again in a few years!

I got the plates from Sure Plates and they came with, I think, 15 (short) number plate 'height' size double sided sticky pads (and various screws and white and yellow screw covers)

I just used the supplied pads and they seem to have done the job. I've driven in hard rain (well you know what the weathers been like!) all day today and they are still firmly attached. If I recall, I put about 8 on the front (all vertical) and 5 (or 6?) on the rear; two vertical spaced out at the outside edges and one horizontal, on the lower part of the plate only (there is a big recess in the bodywork at the top behind the plate at the rear).

I cleaned and dried the area (body AND plate) with alcohol wipes (actually I took a shortcut and used hand sanitiser on a bit of kitchen towel, as I was in a rush :cool: )

I'm not sure if there is an answer to 'sticky enough that will also come off again in a few years.' You want them to stay on firmly so that they can't fall off or be stolen easily but yeah, at some point you might want to remove them.

One word of caution is; the back plate at the front. If anyone is going down the 'stick on vinyl number plate' route, on my MY, it is attached to the front bodywork with some strange looking 'super fastener' ~ obviously designed to not come off easily. I think you'll need a mole wrench to undo that. I couldn't work out exactly what type of fastener it was (and honestly didn't look too closely). It almost appeared like it was attached and then 'melted' into position ! Good luck with that one.

The front back plate is also curved slightly which doesn't lend well to attaching a rigid plastic number plate but the number plate seemed to have enough flex in it to stay in place with the supplied pads. Also the backplate isn't as smooth as the bodywork on the rear, so I was a bit unsure if it would actually stay in position, but so far so good.

Oh yeah, and the 'Tesla' black 'boarder' plate holder wasn't centrally mounted on the backplate either, so be careful with the positioning, don't measure off that, assuming its central.

There are some good vids on you tube about how to do this.

Long ramble... but if you don't get any pads supplied with the plates try Halfords or you can buy them on Amazon.

Cheers and good luck.

I got the plates from Sure Plates and they came with, I think, 15 (short) number plate 'height' size double sided sticky pads (and various screws and white and yellow screw covers)

I just used the supplied pads and they seem to have done the job. I've driven in hard rain (well you know what the weathers been like!) all day today and they are still firmly attached. If I recall, I put about 8 on the front (all vertical) and 5 (or 6?) on the rear; two vertical spaced out at the outside edges and one horizontal, on the lower part of the plate only (there is a big recess in the bodywork at the top behind the plate at the rear).

I cleaned and dried the area (body AND plate) with alcohol wipes (actually I took a shortcut and used hand sanitiser on a bit of kitchen towel, as I was in a rush :cool: )

I'm not sure if there is an answer to 'sticky enough that will also come off again in a few years.' You want them to stay on firmly so that they can't fall off or be stolen easily but yeah, at some point you might want to remove them.

One word of caution is; the back plate at the front. If anyone is going down the 'stick on vinyl number plate' route, on my MY, it is attached to the front bodywork with some strange looking 'super fastener' ~ obviously designed to not come off easily. I think you'll need a mole wrench to undo that. I couldn't work out exactly what type of fastener it was (and honestly didn't look too closely). It almost appeared like it was attached and then 'melted' into position ! Good luck with that one.

The front back plate is also curved slightly which doesn't lend well to attaching a rigid plastic number plate but the number plate seemed to have enough flex in it to stay in place with the supplied pads. Also the backplate isn't as smooth as the bodywork on the rear, so I was a bit unsure if it would actually stay in position, but so far so good.

Oh yeah, and the 'Tesla' black 'boarder' plate holder wasn't centrally mounted on the backplate either, so be careful with the positioning, don't measure off that, assuming its central.

There are some good vids on you tube about how to do this.

Long ramble... but if you don't get any pads supplied with the plates try Halfords or you can buy them on Amazon.

Cheers and good luck.
Thanks Pete 👍

Reactions: Pete UK
Right, removed the number plate frames front and rear and got the private plates on the mode Y. I stuck my new front number plate to the original back plate holder on the car and the rear straight on the body.

Anyone considering doing this you need 20 mins and;
1) A Phillips screwdriver.
2) A “T20” star drive to get the rear backplate off the car (T20? say what?)

Can post pics of result of anyone is interested.
Did your V5C come through already or is it possible to assign the private plate from the registration confirmation PDF on the tesla account?

• Helpful
Reactions: Silox