Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did your V5C come through already or is it possible to assign the private plate from the registration confirmation PDF on the tesla account?

Yes! V5C came through yesterday (19th Feb), 3 days after MY collection. Nah, its not possible, you need the reference number from the V5C unfortunately. Tried everything !

When the V5C lands on your doormat, you can assign the new reg number online via the DVLA (Beta). This is instantly assigned, which is pretty cool but you have to put the new plates on your car immediately (and tell your insurance company) before you can drive it on the road again legally.

Check requirements here 👇 and click on the green box to assign the new Registration number

Assign New Reg to your Vehicle 7am - 7pm ONLY !

Also, anyone with Admiral car insurance, you can inform them of your new reg online, and it only costs £5.50 (more by phone), new docs appear shortly after to print out your new policy with the revised registration.

👍

Just wish TFL was this easy for applying for an electric vehicle exemption for the CC - takes up to 10 days and my original reg wasn't in their database allegedly. So you still have to pay full rate. Now, I've changed my reg, god knows how long it'll take 😬

Has anybody else had their expected delivery date of 15th March - 29 March disappear?

I spent months folornly looking at my account only to see "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date". Then last week up popped a delivery date range. A VIN arrived on Friday. Now I have still have a VIN but no delivery date range.

I think other people have experienced this as well. Is this normal? Anybody have any idea what might happen next?

Tesla's ordering process is certainly an emotional roller coaster!
I had recently received the same delivery date range as you, but it’s still there at the moment. Lets hope everyone like you that has lost it is in the process of getting a firm delivery date. Please keep us posted!

When the V5 documents arrive the variant code will confirm.

I've got my V5C in my hand, it says Y5LD !

So its confirmed then?.... 79kW

79kW.jpg

I've got my V5C in my hand, it says Y5LD !

So its confirmed then?.... 79kW

View attachment 771850
Hmmmm going by this thread link below, it would appear to be 82kWh batteries now installed if we go by your V5C 👍🏻

Reactions: RichardTheKing
Hmmmm going by this thread link below, it would appear to be 82kWh batteries now installed if we go by your V5C 👍🏻

Yes I think that's correct, the new Y5LD batteries are 82 kWh although the usable capacity will obviously be lower (probably around 77 kWh). The 'Max Net Power' stat of 378 kW is very interesting. According to an online convertor, this equates to 507 bhp which is a lot more than I have seen it being quoted previously!

Reactions: blert
Yes I think that's correct, the new Y5LD batteries are 82 kWh although the usable capacity will obviously be lower (probably around 77 kWh). The 'Max Net Power' stat of 378 kW is very interesting. According to an online convertor, this equates to 507 bhp which is a lot more than I have seen it being quoted previously!

Yeah the max net power is interesting. Maybe once we've all bought the acceleration boost, they'll offer us an acceleration boost boost then ?

Also, I think there is possibly some clever software stuff going on in the background to help keep the range within the 10% degradation over the 10 year battery life guarantee.

Reactions: blert
Yes! V5C came through yesterday (19th Feb), 3 days after MY collection. Nah, its not possible, you need the reference number from the V5C unfortunately. Tried everything !

When the V5C lands on your doormat, you can assign the new reg number online via the DVLA (Beta). This is instantly assigned, which is pretty cool but you have to put the new plates on your car immediately (and tell your insurance company) before you can drive it on the road again legally.

Check requirements here 👇 and click on the green box to assign the new Registration number

Assign New Reg to your Vehicle 7am - 7pm ONLY !

Also, anyone with Admiral car insurance, you can inform them of your new reg online, and it only costs £5.50 (more by phone), new docs appear shortly after to print out your new policy with the revised registration.

👍

Just wish TFL was this easy for applying for an electric vehicle exemption for the CC - takes up to 10 days and my original reg wasn't in their database allegedly. So you still have to pay full rate. Now, I've changed my reg, god knows how long it'll take 😬
This is super useful info, thanks so much! Collecting mine in 2 days and with Admiral and have a custom plate. Appreciate the post!

Reactions: Pete UK
At least some (e.g. Direct Line) insurance companies have the MYLR listed as 507 bhp - quite interesting to see where they clearly got that figure from.

Reactions: hairysteve
At least some (e.g. Direct Line) insurance companies have the MYLR listed as 507 bhp - quite interesting to see where they clearly got that figure from.
I think that's about right. The M3P and MYP is estimated at 413kW (554 hp). The 378kW for the MYLR is probably with accel boost comparing performance figures. I would think the insurance companies are covering themselves by using the highest output figure for that particular model.

Reactions: Pete UK