Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very sad to see a drop off on this thread. It must mean that most Model Y orders have either been satisfied or got firm EDDs.
I am an early October 15 customer and also a January 2022 customer. I still only have the 15 - 29 March delivery band and when I speak or chat to CS the best they can tell me is there has been no firm allocation of my cars, no explanation, no apology, no customer service! They are about to lose 2 orders from me! If you read through this thread there appears to be a bias towards orders through leasing companies, orders being collected outside London, ie Newcastle, Manchester, Bristol, Southampton. In fact I have only seen one Model Y in London and that was in Kensington this morning? Is this theory correct?

Very sad to see a drop off on this thread. It must mean that most Model Y orders have either been satisfied or got firm EDDs.
I am an early October 15 customer and also a January 2022 customer. I still only have the 15 - 29 March delivery band and when I speak or chat to CS the best they can tell me is there has been no firm allocation of my cars, no explanation, no apology, no customer service! They are about to lose 2 orders from me! If you read through this thread there appears to be a bias towards orders through leasing companies, orders being collected outside London, ie Newcastle, Manchester, Bristol, Southampton. In fact I have only seen one Model Y in London and that was in Kensington this morning? Is this theory correct?
Sorry you’re still waiting for updates on your orders. I saw one in London earlier today, I’m a non lease London buyer and have collection in a few days - not to rub that in but I’m not sure that bias seems right. Spoke with my brother in law who has a Q4 Etron on order with estimated arrival September - ordered in November. He can’t get any update out of Audi so I don’t think lack of updates is just a Tesla thing. Maybe the involvement in this forum could be part to play in your frustration/FOMO and possibly some blissful ignorance as to what everyone else is up to may help pass the time until yours inevitably show up in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: VX Foxy
If you read through this thread there appears to be a bias towards orders through leasing companies, orders being collected outside London, ie Newcastle, Manchester, Bristol, Southampton. In fact I have only seen one Model Y in London and that was in Kensington this morning? Is this theory correct?
Not sure really. I suspect the lease bias, if there is one, comes from the orders - there are more people that lease than buy, not Tesla favouring lease customers.

You just have to bare with it or as you say cancel (they won't mind either way). There is no consistency either way though.

I was also an early order cash buyer and collecting tomorrow and turned down two February delivery offers.

The thing grinds me is that there is no communication from them for a long time then 7 days before collection give me the final invoice for 59k with states must be paid 7 days prior to delivery. Im limited to 20k transfers per day, they were not the only ones that needed money transferred. Saturday, Sunday and Monday counts as a day. 4 days before collection, Im cutting it fine and they are pestering me for the last payment or risk losing delivery allocation.

After all is paid, I just get bombarded with calls and text messages in regards to collecting! ... Its a bit of all or nothing but its first world problems imho.

Reactions: VX Foxy and Roarr
Keep it up, courage, the car will come, it is not easy but it is what it is and it still seems quicker than any other big brands. Don't forget the Model Y is one of the best car in the world 😀 and it will be yours 👍🏼

Reactions: PrGrPa
Like you, I ordered on 15th October and still only have a date range for EDD in March. Did you check in the source code of your account page to see whether you have been assigned a VIN (search on 'LRW')? I did this and found that they had assigned a VIN which gives me some comfort that a car has actually been reserved for me!

Have you got an ‘unusual spec’? It’s very odd that you’ve nothing confirmed. I ordered a few weeks ago and have a collection date for 3 weeks time. Part ex/cash buyer so no finance. Newcastle. White/black/20. There are loads coming over for delivery March though. So you will get it within 4 weeks.

There's no evidence of a lease biase but I offer these observations. Its likely that the lease companies will have large blocks of reservations allocated around the time that ordering is open to the public (perhaps before), so it follows thst they will make up a lot of the early orders. Queues are also based on spec, so those orders will also be mixed in with cash orders.

Sometimes those who order a lease car quite late seem to get them quickly. I've presumed that's because the lease company already had a car of that spec on order that was not assigned to a customer yet (perhaps a late cancellation).

There's no evidence of a lease biase but I offer these observations. Its likely that the lease companies will have large blocks of reservations allocated around the time that ordering is open to the public (perhaps before), so it follows thst they will make up a lot of the early orders. Queues are also based on spec, so those orders will also be mixed in with cash orders.

Sometimes those who order a lease car quite late seem to get them quickly. I've presumed that's because the lease company already had a car of that spec on order that was not assigned to a customer yet (perhaps a late cancellation).
It also makes a lot of sense for there to be a lot of company car and salary sacrifice leases due to the EV tax situation- it makes it a very cheap way to get your Tesla. On top of the number of folks for whom a normal lease was the best option.

Like you, I ordered on 15th October and still only have a date range for EDD in March. Did you check in the source code of your account page to see whether you have been assigned a VIN (search on 'LRW')? I did this and found that they had assigned a VIN which gives me some comfort that a car has actually been reserved for me!
Where do I find the source code ? (And what is it??)

Thanks

Where do I find the source code ? (And what is it??)

Thanks
If you use google chrome go to the chrome app store and download Tesla VIN finder - it will do it for you.

Failing that - again on google chrome - log in to your account, go to your dashboard, then click on manage your Model Y order.
Once that page opens click Ctrl U - this opens a new tab with the source code. Then click Ctrl F - this opens the search function. In the search box search for LRWY - this is the start of your VIN. If you have one it will find it.

Reactions: Roarr and Pete UK
As an update I’ve just received a text this evening offering collection dates from Southampton between 17-19th March, I’ve selected 19th for now and will speak with Tesla tomorrow about home delivery again. Don’t have the registration for the car yet so can’t start looking at insurance. Didn’t have any issues or delays cancelling my trade in, it just moved to a cash payment instead on my account.
Tesla came back to me late last week and confirmed a home delivery for 17th March, not long to go now :). I still do not have a registration number yet but they said it would be supplied 2 weeks before taking delivery so hopefully by the week of the 7th of March I'll be able to start insurance quotes. As part of the home delivery checks they have arranged a call with me this morning to confirm my driving license details over a Microsoft team's call.

Like you I ordered 15/10 (although I changed from MYP to LR early February) haven’t heard a word. I have an expected delivery of May/June. I’m in Belfast. Pathetic CS. Given a response “I will speak to someone “

Reactions: roadcred
Are sure you have no VIN? As once you have that, you could "badger" Tesla to find out more about your car delivery, such as a more definitive date, and/or what ship it is on. But since I see from your signature, you are a veteran with Tesla, I'm sure you would know about the find my VIN in source code trick.

Reactions: roadcred