Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be fair I’m not sure about pick up location, but I do think they should make better effort to deliver customers their cars, I had originally picked Brent Cross as my pick up location but now I’m being told that once I am given a date I’ll have bluewater as an option. I live in north west London so that is a bit of a journey
I'm in NW London too, but frankly pickup location won't deter me. I would even be okay if they asked me to pickup from Southampton, if it meant I would get my car faster.

Reactions: roadcred
I'm in NW London too, but frankly pickup location won't deter me. I would even be okay if they asked me to pickup from Southampton, if it meant I would get my car faster.
I also agree I wouldn’t of mind Southampton as long as it was faster and also have family and friends down there I could visit. They’ve told me the only collection location for me is blue water since Brent Cross can’t be assigned right now, it would of been nice of them to ask me what alternative collection point I’d like instead of automatically choosing blue water on my behalf

Reactions: roadcred
Hi, I have ordered via Lex Lease and in London but in the same boat as you. I have been told I have a car allocated but only given March as an estimate. I have tried to ask for a fixed date but they wont give me one and say the VIN number will be given approx 10 days before delivery. They also said it would be home delivery or Bluewater but wouldnt say which
I am in exactly the same position as you, ordered via Lex and it is difficult to get a straight answer other than sometime towards the end of March. When do you place your order and what spec was it? Mine is White with 20 inch wheel and white interior, order the 1st week of Feb.

I also agree I wouldn’t of mind Southampton as long as it was faster and also have family and friends down there I could visit. They’ve told me the only collection location for me is blue water since Brent Cross can’t be assigned right now, it would of been nice of them to ask me what alternative collection point I’d like instead of automatically choosing blue water on my behalf
I was told on the phone today pick up location could be changed to Southampton but it would not change the expected delivery date..

Reactions: roadcred and foxtru
Just over a week in so I thought I would share some of my thoughts especially for those still waiting delivery.
1. The paintwork is very good, possibly the best on a car I have owned, seems those Shanghai paint machines are spot on
2. The range drops fast, yes, I am enjoying the peddle somewhat and yes it’s cold but 50 miles of range quickly becomes 25
3. Voice control is great especially to change audio
4. The sound system is awesome and that comes from owning a x3 with HK sound system (especially if you watch Netflix, really immersive)
5. The charge port closes automatically when you take the cable out. Doh!
6. Switch all the navigation beta things on, gives you loads more goodness on the screen like traffic lights etc
7. It picks up traffic cones, do not be tempted to score points by knocking these over, the locals don’t like it 😂
8. The ride is firm, firmer than I expected and so much firmer than my x3. On some of the Surrey roads it’s teeth rattling. It handles great but that firm ride is going to take some getting used too
9. Follow @Pete UK tip and get rid of the ugly plastic numberplate holders
10. If you can get solar installed, do it, my house isn’t suitable so I will have to ride out the increase in electricity costs but at least still loads cheaper than diesel/petrol. The app allows you to add your electricity costs so you can see your savings.
11. I used the supplied car card to set up my phone and not touched or used the card once since
12. Getting a push notification telling me my car has reached its desired temperature while the neighbours de-ice is 😁

Hopefully something in that is useful to someone.

Just over a week in so I thought I would share some of my thoughts especially for those still waiting delivery.
1. The paintwork is very good, possibly the best on a car I have owned, seems those Shanghai paint machines are spot on
2. The range drops fast, yes, I am enjoying the peddle somewhat and yes it’s cold but 50 miles of range quickly becomes 25
3. Voice control is great especially to change audio
4. The sound system is awesome and that comes from owning a x3 with HK sound system (especially if you watch Netflix, really immersive)
5. The charge port closes automatically when you take the cable out. Doh!
6. Switch all the navigation beta things on, gives you loads more goodness on the screen like traffic lights etc
7. It picks up traffic cones, do not be tempted to score points by knocking these over, the locals don’t like it 😂
8. The ride is firm, firmer than I expected and so much firmer than my x3. On some of the Surrey roads it’s teeth rattling. It handles great but that firm ride is going to take some getting used too
9. Follow @Pete UK tip and get rid of the ugly plastic numberplate holders
10. If you can get solar installed, do it, my house isn’t suitable so I will have to ride out the increase in electricity costs but at least still loads cheaper than diesel/petrol. The app allows you to add your electricity costs so you can see your savings.
11. I used the supplied car card to set up my phone and not touched or used the card once since
12. Getting a push notification telling me my car has reached its desired temperature while the neighbours de-ice is 😁

Nice write up! What tyres size did you go for?

• Funny
Reactions: VX Foxy and Silox
Spoke to Tesla today, I am not able to collect sooner from another location... Mid March is the date, no firm date provided... I highly suspect it will be 22nd-25th March at Bluewater.
I was told that over the phone too.

I suspect the Tesla reps in person are more helpful than the ones on the phones though. It was certainly in my case.

Reactions: Pau1
Awesome, more incentive for me to get PPF.

Great stuff, thanks for the tip.
I'm thinking of getting coilovers already.
Yeah thinking about this, I have some space with correct orientation on the roof, but I'm thinking I will need a 22KWh battery, or it is kind of pointless.

Thanks Silox. News and somethings that reaffirm my expectations. Please don't mind posting any other findings you may find interesting. :)

Reactions: Silox
Massive thank you to everyone who has contributed to this group - so helpful prepping me for my delivery. I've had the Model Y a couple of days now and it's brilliant. I was surprised by how much bigger it feels against the Model 3 (my partner's car and the reason I was steered assertively away from an i4). You do ride higher than the Model 3 but the visibility is great. The ride is firm but no worse than my old M Sport 3 Series - much of this will be personal preference but for me it's pretty much spot on.

I was a cash buyer so comms were ok. I was checking the account regularly (sad, I know) and once I received a collection date message then got a steady flow of text messages with steps to follow but TBH I checked the account most days which was more effective for me. Collection was straight forward - proof of ID and then on to collect the car (they asked if I had insurance a couple of times as apparently a good few people had arrived with no insurance for the car) - no bells and whistles in Manchester but I don't like fuss so good for me.

A couple of watch outs, mine was missing the mobile connector so make sure it's in the car when you take delivery (Gen 2 Universal Mobile Connector) - they got one for me whilst I waited but they're not cheap so check it is there. I also had a noisy fan and bubbling under the PPF so give the car a good check and feel free to drive the car outside to check under natural light (mine was in a pop-up tent and lighting not great) - the collection team are really relaxed.

Are these big issues? No, it's booked in for the tow bar fit and they'll sort the PPF / fan - I'm yet to get a new car without an issue.

There's no parcel shelf and it's not a problem for me - the car is really quiet (although the boot is cavernous). I got a bit worried about it by how annoyed others were on the forums but I never used it on my old 3 series estate and it was always a pain removing it to drop the seats - we're all different and all have our own needs and expectations so what works for me, won't work for others - take a view when you get yours and if you need a parcel shelf then there are plenty of after market parts out there.

The car is phenomenal but watch your speed! I have a heavy right foot and it's mad how fast it is. My finger has hovered over the acceleration boost a few times but for now I'm being sensible!

I'm so impressed with the car and grateful to be in the fortunate position to have one. I hope you all enjoy yours when they land and thanks again for all of the info prior to getting mine.

Attachments

• IMG_7776.jpeg
    IMG_7776.jpeg
    885.6 KB · Views: 92
Massive thank you to everyone who has contributed to this group - so helpful prepping me for my delivery. I've had the Model Y a couple of days now and it's brilliant. I was surprised by how much bigger it feels against the Model 3 (my partner's car and the reason I was steered assertively away from an i4). You do ride higher than the Model 3 but the visibility is great. The ride is firm but no worse than my old M Sport 3 Series - much of this will be personal preference but for me it's pretty much spot on.

I was a cash buyer so comms were ok. I was checking the account regularly (sad, I know) and once I received a collection date message then got a steady flow of text messages with steps to follow but TBH I checked the account most days which was more effective for me. Collection was straight forward - proof of ID and then on to collect the car (they asked if I had insurance a couple of times as apparently a good few people had arrived with no insurance for the car) - no bells and whistles in Manchester but I don't like fuss so good for me.

A couple of watch outs, mine was missing the mobile connector so make sure it's in the car when you take delivery (Gen 2 Universal Mobile Connector) - they got one for me whilst I waited but they're not cheap so check it is there. I also had a noisy fan and bubbling under the PPF so give the car a good check and feel free to drive the car outside to check under natural light (mine was in a pop-up tent and lighting not great) - the collection team are really relaxed.

Are these big issues? No, it's booked in for the tow bar fit and they'll sort the PPF / fan - I'm yet to get a new car without an issue.

There's no parcel shelf and it's not a problem for me - the car is really quiet (although the boot is cavernous). I got a bit worried about it by how annoyed others were on the forums but I never used it on my old 3 series estate and it was always a pain removing it to drop the seats - we're all different and all have our own needs and expectations so what works for me, won't work for others - take a view when you get yours and if you need a parcel shelf then there are plenty of after market parts out there.

The car is phenomenal but watch your speed! I have a heavy right foot and it's mad how fast it is. My finger has hovered over the acceleration boost a few times but for now I'm being sensible!

I'm so impressed with the car and grateful to be in the fortunate position to have one. I hope you all enjoy yours when they land and thanks again for all of the info prior to getting mine.
Thank you for the update.... I wonder where they got your gen2 mobile charger??? 🤔

Could someone else be missing one?😯

Very sad to see a drop off on this thread. It must mean that most Model Y orders have either been satisfied or got firm EDDs.
I am an early October 15 customer and also a January 2022 customer. I still only have the 15 - 29 March delivery band and when I speak or chat to CS the best they can tell me is there has been no firm allocation of my cars, no explanation, no apology, no customer service! They are about to lose 2 orders from me! If you read through this thread there appears to be a bias towards orders through leasing companies, orders being collected outside London, ie Newcastle, Manchester, Bristol, Southampton. In fact I have only seen one Model Y in London and that was in Kensington this morning? Is this theory correct?
Same boat... Irks me that I was a day one buyer and still not got a date

Reactions: Pau1 and roadcred
Can someone help?
I paid the £100 deposit on day the model Y was launched and then have ordered via Rivervale and signed and accepted for May/June delivery and given them the RN number.
But my car has now disappeared from my Tesla account?
Is this normal?

You just have to bare with it or as you say cancel (they won't mind either way). There is no consistency either way though.

I was also an early order cash buyer and collecting tomorrow and turned down two February delivery offers.

The thing grinds me is that there is no communication from them for a long time then 7 days before collection give me the final invoice for 59k with states must be paid 7 days prior to delivery. Im limited to 20k transfers per day, they were not the only ones that needed money transferred. Saturday, Sunday and Monday counts as a day. 4 days before collection, Im cutting it fine and they are pestering me for the last payment or risk losing delivery allocation.

After all is paid, I just get bombarded with calls and text messages in regards to collecting! ... Its a bit of all or nothing but its first world problems imho.
I disagree that it is a first world problem, Tesla are clearly not first world when it comes to allocation and customer service and appear to lack staff numbers and management to deal with their exponential sales deliveries?

Reactions: Rooster6655