Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Manage your expectations... Being that this is not your first time to the rodeo, I would of thought you have mastered this well by now. There is is not one big business with thousands/millions of customers out there that have 100% customer satisfaction.

Here we have a good example. We both ordered at the same time, yet not having the same experience. Some have ordered fairly recently and have a delivery date.

This is also my third Tesla purchase. The other two cars were ordered from inventory, delivered within a month of ordering and better coordination on their behalf.

I think part of the frustration you and others having here is due to impatience. Im a bit like that hence do not like to preorder anything. In addition, coming here and seeing that others are doing better or the same with their orders does not help.

First world problems indeed imho and if not, I can only assume that you are on life support or something to that end.

Personally I have sympathy for you and any other in the same situation and only wish I could help. My only advice is to stay strong and find something else to occupy your mind/divert your energy :)
In fairness to Tesla, when I ordered in Dec 2021 it did say Mid-March, I guess +/- a week they have held to that based on my EDD...

My insurer (esure) said the car was beyond their risk tolerance so cancelled the policy waiving the fee. I went with Direct Line in the end - not the cheapest but reasonable excess.
I’ve just got off a Live Chat with Esure. Currently have a 2020 BMW X5 30d. They said the model Y isn’t on their system yet but it should be soon. They are using the model X 75D as the comparison car. Been quoted £91.01 to swap over including £26 admin fee. Policy runs out in July.

They will produce a manual insurance certificate showing Model Y long range. Online portal will show the car as Model X 75D until the MY is on their system

Could I just ask how did you know what was supposed to be included in your car purchase? I can't seem to find a detailed specification on the Model Y.
AFAIK everything is mentioned on the website.

1646135371134.png

While my MY hasn't shown up yet, my Rimextrix Laminar's just arrived much earlier than expected! Came in less than 2 weeks via MyUS. Had a feeling they would sell out WAY before they started shipping directly to UK (which would only be about £20 cheaper as you would still have to pay for FedEx from US to UK as well as be hit with duty and all the admin fees). I know its a hella lot for plastic but they feel very good quality and look a lot better than I was expecting. Half tempted to get them hydro dipped before MY arrives. 🤔

While my MY hasn't shown up yet, my Rimextrix Laminar's just arrived much earlier than expected! Came in less than 2 weeks via MyUS. Had a feeling they would sell out WAY before they started shipping directly to UK (which would only be about £20 cheaper as you would still have to pay for FedEx from US to UK as well as be hit with duty and all the admin fees). I know its a hella lot for plastic but they feel very good quality and look a lot better than I was expecting. Half tempted to get them hydro dipped before MY arrives. 🤔
Mine arrived today too (est. date was Thursday).

Manage your expectations... Being that this is not your first time to the rodeo, I would of thought you have mastered this well by now. There is is not one big business with thousands/millions of customers out there that have 100% customer satisfaction.

Here we have a good example. We both ordered at the same time, yet not having the same experience. Some have ordered fairly recently and have a delivery date.

This is also my third Tesla purchase. The other two cars were ordered from inventory, delivered within a month of ordering and better coordination on their behalf.

I think part of the frustration you and others having here is due to impatience. Im a bit like that hence do not like to preorder anything. In addition, coming here and seeing that others are doing better or the same with their orders does not help.

First world problems indeed imho and if not, I can only assume that you are on life support or something to that end.

Personally I have sympathy for you and any other in the same situation and only wish I could help. My only advice is to stay strong and find something else to occupy your mind/divert your energy :)
That is a ridiculous attitude of complacency! I have spent my lifetime rooting out poor practices and downright poor business. It is complaints that do change things overtime. If you do not complain about lies and broken promises things will never improve! It frankly amazes me that a Company rooted in the US does not seem to realise this. Still if nobody complains and tries to change the world you all get what you deserve.

That is a ridiculous attitude of complacency! I have spent my lifetime rooting out poor practices and downright poor business. It is complaints that do change things overtime. If you do not complain about lies and broken promises things will never improve! It frankly amazes me that a Company rooted in the US does not seem to realise this. Still if nobody complains and tries to change the world you all get what you deserve.
I don't think people complain, because:
1. they eventually get a great product (if not the best on the market);
2. of fear that they will be treated unfairly as an act of punishment for speaking out and have their order pushed back further.

You would do well to stand in front on number 10 and redirect some of that energy 😄. Honestly, take a break! .... They get plenty of complaints im sure, these are trying times for everyone, no one else is flogging cars at the speed they are. Things will settle.

I don't think people complain, because:
1. they eventually get a great product (if not the best on the market);
2. of fear that they will be treated unfairly as an act of punishment for speaking out and have their order pushed back further.
That is probably correct but if people dont act together nothing improves or changes. We are giving them £60k after all!

Reactions: NSS89