Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s cool, as the previous owner we didn’t have to post the V5? They will take care of it?
It is your responsibility to let the DVLA know that you have sold the car not Teslas. They have no incentive to do it and if you don't tell them it may well remain in your name until Tesla sell it. that means that if an employee or a test drive results in a parking ticket, toll or speeding fine it will come to you.
There was a thread on here for exactly that last week.
you need to go onto the DVLA's website ASAP and inform them:
unfortuately if you no longer have the V11 number you have missed your chance and you will just have to hope that nothing happens between now and when the car is sold to a new buyer. If it gets passed around the trade it may well stay in your name for a while.
I may be being paranoid but this guy would disagree. Post Trade In speeding prosecution
If it does get transferred out of your name you will get a letter from DVLA, until you get that you can assume it is still in your name.

Reactions: Maplepho
It is your responsibility to let the DVLA know that you have sold the car not Teslas. They have no incentive to do it and if you don't tell them it may well remain in your name until Tesla sell it. that means that if an employee or a test drive results in a parking ticket, toll or speeding fine it will come to you.
unfortuately if you no longer have the V11 number you have missed your chance and you will just have to hope that nothing happens between now and when the car is sold to a new buyer. If it gets passed around the trade it may well stay in your name for a while.
I may be being paranoid but this guy would disagree. Post Trade In speeding prosecution
If it does get transferred out of your name you will get a letter from DVLA, until you get that you can assume it is still in your name.
Thanks for the info!

Do I need the v11 number to notify dvla I have sold the car? I found a v11 from years ago not the most recent one I hope the number doesn't change?

Thanks for the info!

Do I need the v11 number to notify dvla I have sold the car? I found a v11 from years ago not the most recent one I hope the number doesn't change?
No idea if the number changes but try it and see?

You can also inform DVLA of a change of owner in a normal letter giving details of the vehicle, who bought it and the date of sale. That can take much longer for them to process though (I have up to 4 weeks in my head?) and is really a last option if you can't find any other way.

Manchester collection point did it during pickup.

Doesn't hurt to check/try for yourself still.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220306-075424_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20220306-075424_Edge.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 85
I have pickup my MY yesterday. The TESLA team was great and efficient. The car was on perfect condition. I went through the checklist point by point. Every thing was there, no misalignment gap, everything was working and no damages. Excellent.
A big thankyouuuuuuu/ merciiiiiii to the worldwide TESLA team

PS: they didn't check my trade in, anyway she was in perfect condition
IMG_20220305_144312_HDR~3.jpg

Maybe they only checked mine as I parked it just opposite the entrance..who knows! Anyway, it was in perfect condition, I'll keep an eye out for it on teslas website. (Blue '2021' model 3 sr, 8k miles)

I guess they'll enable EAP and charge about £50k based on this..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220306-085656_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20220306-085656_Edge.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: RichardTheKing
IMG_20220306_075558.jpgIMG_20220306_075601.jpgIMG_20220306_075145.jpgIMG_20220306_075540.jpgIMG_20220306_080752.jpg

Anyone looking to install the performance type metal petals will find that Tesla have changed the design of the brake pedal. Previously, there was a dip in the middle of the metal pedal. This meant the original rubber cover (and the replacement metal one) had a rubber cross on it. The new design is completely flat. Fortunately, a few minutes with a knife and I was able to cut the cross off the replacement and it appears to fit fine.

I've had the car for about 4 days now and generally very happy. Apart from the few issues I found on initial inspection, I have found a few bugs. Not sure if it is worth starting a new thread with a bug list but for the time being here is what I have:

1) Reversing guidelines do not centralise the car if you follow them.
2) I used schedule preheat for a few days and it worked. The other night I just turned the heating on before going out to the car - this resulted in the alarm going off (which is extremely loud).
3). Last night the sentry cam was set off about 20 times between 1am and 2:20am. It looks like the car was flashing it's lights (was it phoning home?).

I know I can turn sentry mode off at home but that's not the point.

I have the car booked in for a service to look at the delivery snags, but will ask them about these too.

Would be interesting to know if anyone else is seeing these or other problems.

I want to stress I do love the car, but still want faults like these sorted.

Picked up my Model Y yesterday from Southampton at 9.00am.

Word of warning that they didn't have any technicians/mechanics on hand to fix any issues so mine will be going back under a service request...... So be wary that if you pick up in the weekends, they may not be able to do on the spot fixes!

I had the following issues:

- Light scratch on the clear coat of the passenger side front door (likely by the dodgy cloths the cleaners were using to wipe down the car)
- Biggish panel gap where the hatch meets the top roof line (one side is considerably bigger than the other)
- Round swirl marks on both the rear boot felt floor pads (like a bucket or something had been left there for a decent amount of time - possibly the cables)
- Both front doors seems misaligned when viewing from side back to front
- Rear lower PPF bubbling on both sides

About to raise a service request now.

Not the best experience considering your parting with the better part of 60K

Credit to Tom from Tesla, who handed over the car on Sat. He was very apologetic of the issues.

Attachments

• Boot Swirl Marks.JPG
    Boot Swirl Marks.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
  • Hatch panel gap.JPG
    Hatch panel gap.JPG
    421.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Left Front Door Scratch.JPG
    Left Front Door Scratch.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 52
Picked up my blue y from Glasgow on the first. A couple of small issues - premium connectivity not working - phoned them, did a hard reset, all sorted. One v small scratch and one of the film protectors has a bubble in it - they are coming to the house to fix it. Very pleased with the car. We have an ID4 already and that’s fantastic but the Y edges it for me although it was 16k more expensive and my less tech interested wife prefers her VW.
One question - looking for Y RHD seat covers - will need model 3 seat covers do the job?