Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they log it at pick up I’ll still accept. The vehicle would have to have a lot of issues for me to reject. From what I’ve learnt Tesla will sort issues and you just need to be patient.

A friend of mine is a mechanic at a BMW dealer and he told me some of the stuff that they have to correct before pick up. He said sometimes it’s better to see the issue and have a choice on whether you still want the car. But when you drive it away it’s yours and you don’t know what was fixed/rectified. He had a car that should have been written off as it fell off of the loader. But as the insurance company paid for it, it wasn’t recorded. It was fixed and put back on the forecourt.

IMG-20220308-WA0001.jpg

No other car manufacturer would present a brand new car for customer collection scratched like that. It’s almost subversive how Tesla how such a hold on their customer base.

‘Here you go mate, here’s your new £60k car. Don’t mind those scratches, we did it getting off the transporter. Anyway, here’s your key… see ya!’

• Funny
Reactions: Rooster6655
Picked up our new toy today from bluewater. The delivery experience comments so far from others in the forum has been good overall but thought I add some critique to let those awaiting theirs to not get carried away with the excitement on collection day and keep a keen eye out for defects. Tesla are improving build quality overall but they are not quite there yet IMO.

We got an ugly panel gap/misalignment on the left side of the trunk hatch door and peeling paint on the underside of the front bumper. Other than these, everything inside and out was great and we’re loving the car so far! Got service booked for later this month
D32B41CD-DA56-44FF-9784-5C4FB4DD201A.jpeg

Attachments

• D26240A0-A52E-4B17-AED5-190E5AF252C8.jpeg
    D26240A0-A52E-4B17-AED5-190E5AF252C8.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 3D8C957A-EF10-4D51-A5C5-0C6C3D46F13D.jpeg
    3D8C957A-EF10-4D51-A5C5-0C6C3D46F13D.jpeg
    244.6 KB · Views: 47
Picked up our new toy today from bluewater. The delivery experience comments so far from others in the forum has been good overall but thought I add some critique to let those awaiting theirs to not get carried away with the excitement on collection day and keep a keen eye out for defects. Tesla are improving build quality overall but they are not quite there yet IMO.

We got an ugly panel gap/misalignment on the left side of the trunk hatch door and peeling paint on the underside of the front bumper. Other than these, everything inside and out was great and we’re loving the car so far! Got service booked for later this monthView attachment 778420
What is a trunk hatch door in english?

No other car manufacturer would present a brand new car for customer collection scratched like that. It’s almost subversive how Tesla how such a hold on their customer base.

‘Here you go mate, here’s your new £60k car. Don’t mind those scratches, we did it getting off the transporter. Anyway, here’s your key… see ya!’
British Leyland!

• Funny
Reactions: UrbanSplash
Just the value of item value! To the poster who mentioned a $135 delivery fee - cant believe they charging so much for delivery to UK direct?? Surely that must include pre-paid customs charges? If that doesnt, then its cheaper to use myUS indirectly as you'll only get stung at customs and admin!
Ive just messaged Rimetrix to ask if the $135 includes import tax - if not, will cancel as I have relatives in the US who can forward on. Pretty scandalous if it doesn't include import tax! Will keep you posted.