Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I disagree. I think UK will set legal framework for autonomous driving, now we aren't shackled toy the snails pace of legislation-change of the EU; other countries will then adopt our framework. Something we are good at (albeit that no one pays us to adopt what we legislate!). Countries that have the legal framework will be likely to get FSD 'coz of the need for Tesla to demonstrate that they were right all along (assuming that they are!!) (e.g. Germany looks likely to ban auto-change-lanes on Autobahn because it contravenes some law there, nothing to do with whether there is any risk etc, and changing the law to allow it will take a-long-time)
Everything you say is true but you miss the point. For FSD to work properly you need standardised signage,and standardised road traffic rules. Tesla may well produce an FSD which satisfies the US market, maybe even the EU market, but the quirky non standardised UK market never. We have too many holy cows and too much of a we know best attitude.

Everything you say is true but you miss the point. For FSD to work properly you need standardised signage,and standardised road traffic rules. Tesla may well produce an FSD which satisfies the US market, maybe even the EU market, but the quirky non standardised UK market never. We have too many holy cows and too much of a we know best attitude.
Have you ever driven on the continent!? Drivers in France, Spain, Italy, Greece etc. are far crazier than here!

Reactions: foxtru
Minor diversion while we wait... reliability of electric cars
20220315-DSC00561.jpg

Has anyone else experienced a one time clunk/thump noise from under the car a few minutes after parking? I’ve been sat in the car and heard it from under me, this has happened a couple of times now. It sounds like something banging against something else, impossible to get a clip of it as it doesn’t happen every time

If a human can drive from one end of the country to another then the AI can be trained to do it better. We have one highway code and standardised signage and road markings. Sure there are inconsistencies, there are in the US too, we don't have nearly as many dirt roads over here.

Anyway, for me personally the only priority would be even higher levels of autonomy driving on motorways, and we are expecting to see the first regulations that allow L4 Autonomy this year. I think we will take a different path compared to the US, which is good because this 'city streets' driving is really only a priority if you want to invent autonomous taxis. Eventually it will get there, probably glued to specific cities, not generally available.

• Funny
Reactions: PrGrPa and foxtru
Tesla are concentrating on city streets rather than improving AP though.. possibly because on the wide straight roads that cross the US AP works a lot better than here.

The world is a complex place. If everyone followed the highway code there would be a lot fewer accidents but I bet the majority haven't even read it since they passed their test (which would include me) and only follow the bits they remember. Somehow it works, because humans are pretty good at adapting to changing situations. Until we can develop AI as flexible as humans - and we haven't yet.. certainly the chips in a Tesla are nowhere near - Robotaxis will remain elusive.

Reactions: PrGrPa and Durzel
Hi everyone. Just wanted to say what am amazing journey I've had on my way to my MYLR. Ordered 4 Feb (after having a M3 on order for a while) picked it up last Saturday, 12 March at Bluewater. Got there at 8.30ish as I was too excited to wait for my 9.30 slot. Car has been faultless, process with Tesla themselves fantastic. I had one very small alignment issue with the rear door which a Ranger is coming out to fix... . Today I've been going through the 19in gemini wheel options, and settled for the Rimetrix which arrived direct, after paying customs duty. Thought I'd share the wheels all in one place so everyone can see it. I thought the Geminis were better in the flesh, loved the alloys underneath but felt they make the wheels look too small and super happy with the Laminar. Got some cheap stickers to go over the top and I think I'm happy now!

Attachments

• 20220315_150414.jpg
    20220315_150414.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 20220315_151509.jpg
    20220315_151509.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220315_151845.jpg
    20220315_151845.jpg
    507.8 KB · Views: 56
Hi everyone. Just wanted to say what am amazing journey I've had on my way to my MYLR. Ordered 4 Feb (after having a M3 on order for a while) picked it up last Saturday, 12 March at Bluewater. Got there at 8.30ish as I was too excited to wait for my 9.30 slot. Car has been faultless, process with Tesla themselves fantastic. I had one very small alignment issue with the rear door which a Ranger is coming out to fix... . Today I've been going through the 19in gemini wheel options, and settled for the Rimetrix which arrived direct, after paying customs duty. Thought I'd share the wheels all in one place so everyone can see it. I thought the Geminis were better in the flesh, loved the alloys underneath but felt they make the wheels look too small and super happy with the Laminar. Got some cheap stickers to go over the top and I think I'm happy now!
Looks incredible and I’m think about the Rimetrix. How much was import duty in the end and how long did delivery take? Insurance allowed me to add them at no additional cost as “external decoration” but made a note to say they are alloy rim covers.

Looks incredible and I’m think about the Rimetrix. How much was import duty in the end and how long did delivery take? Insurance allowed me to add them at no additional cost as “external decoration” but made a note to say they are alloy rim covers.
Import duty was £71 on top of the shipping fee. I ordered on the 8th, they posted 9th ended up in the distribution centre clearing customs from the 11th to 13th and being shipped around for distribution until they arrived today. I was surprised by the speed to be honest. Delivered by UPS and well packaged.

Reactions: Maka344
Picked up my MY fro NEC today A bit of driving round the site as when following the signs there was no way to know where to go to get to hall 16 (not labelled anywhere). After a second trip round, the NEC parking staff were back in the hut (most likely after their lunch break), took my name and opened the barrier for me. From there, very straight forward. Panel gaps all good, both charging cables present. Paintwork has fine scratches but will be getting Ceramic coating next week. Coming from a 2021 M3 ( and previously a 2016 MS), I'd say the doors feel heavier and close with more of a thud, boot opeing smoother. Space is amazing, higher driving position is nice.

Bought these Mats from Aliexpress ( floor mats, boot mat, frunk and under boot mats), took 2-3 weeks and cost £140, fit is excellent, really impressed.

Attachments

• IMG_0056.jpeg
    IMG_0056.jpeg
    848.7 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: LOVO