Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has been discussed before but cannot find the posts for the life of me. I’m picking up in 1 hour and the car isn’t registered with DVLA yet, so my insurer won’t hit the button without a proper reg number. Those who have collected already, did they register the car whilst you were there? I was kind of expecting it to be done this morning…

I know this has been discussed before but cannot find the posts for the life of me. I’m picking up in 1 hour and the car isn’t registered with DVLA yet, so my insurer won’t hit the button without a proper reg number. Those who have collected already, did they register the car whilst you were there? I was kind of expecting it to be done this morning…
I was a delivery not a collection, but I think it's the same process. Car was delivered this morning, but wasn't (and still not) showing on DVLA database. I just rang the insurance company up and they put the details in manually. It was no problem other than meaning instead of driving the car at 7am when it was delivered I had to wait an hour until I could ring my insurance company.

Reactions: Helguson17
Picked up my car from Bluewater yesterday and apart from a stain on the boot floor cover, the car was excellent. I used the Tesla Inspect checklist via the browser on my phone (Model Y Inspection | Tesla Inspect UK) to make sure the car was okay and found it worked really well. I found all the tyres on my Gemini wheels were at 50psi instead of 42psi but thanks to this forum I had brought along my pressure gauge so it was easily rectified (thank you to all of you who posted about this!). I did have one slight problem finding the car once they had given me the keys but after 20+ minutes of searching, it turned out that they had forgotten to put the number plates on the car!

Get mine back tomorrow afternoon having had the same treatment plus PPF on the front bumper. Will share some pics.
Some snaps while charging at Fleet. Feedback from Paul was the paint was a pig which TBH I saw when I got home last Saturday. Now looks stunning.

Attachments

• EF301AA5-6DB6-4A17-9702-4805C6989C89.jpeg
    EF301AA5-6DB6-4A17-9702-4805C6989C89.jpeg
    750.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 9F3F1BAD-B3D8-43AF-83E6-CC4952B6363F.jpeg
    9F3F1BAD-B3D8-43AF-83E6-CC4952B6363F.jpeg
    662.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 51454DAE-C8FD-4B10-86A1-F2C61F7708A9.jpeg
    51454DAE-C8FD-4B10-86A1-F2C61F7708A9.jpeg
    720.1 KB · Views: 36
Browse the tesla store and buy lots of accessories?

Have you watched the 40 teardown videos Munro did on the Model Y?

Order a key card holder or key fob if you’re so inclined. (I thought I’d want the fob, just went with a keycard holder in the end!)

Key card holder I went for and am very happy with so far (much harder to damage or lose the card).

Good tips all, thanks... should keep me busy and a little poorer...

Reactions: teaston
Looks great. Imight have missed an earlier post...What were the paint issues and what did you do to sort them?
Hi Sparky, there were numerous swirl marks and a few minor scratches caused by bad washing techniques (dirty cloths). On investigation the paint finish was not uniform from one panel to another, there were also (and this is common on Tesla) that when painting there may have been some residue or maybe water droplets on the chassis so when we have an uneven surface. All of this should be fixed by Tesla, but to be honest I trust Paul at Auto Curators to solve the issues because it isn't just a car to him, it is his livelihood and doing a good job makes people like me go back again and again. I had the New Car Paint Protection to make good on the paint and also PPF on the front bumper and headlights.

Reactions: SparkyM