Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a response to my text, looks like the dealers didn’t know about the mass ‘text out’ until they started to get replies. Posting below as I know people have asked about notice and delivery flexibility.

Attachments

• 5E2C9B26-A428-496E-9A16-2B80475C9959.jpeg
    5E2C9B26-A428-496E-9A16-2B80475C9959.jpeg
    315.6 KB · Views: 83
Had a response to my text, looks like the dealers didn’t know about the mass ‘text out’ until they started to get replies. Posting below as I know people have asked about notice and delivery flexibility.
Three weeks notice! I had no idea. Is this generally known? So, in three to four weeks we should be notified if, that is, we are part of the quarter end
dash.

Just to confirm guys -- first time Tesla purchaser -- I don't need to complete my payment due until I get the date for my car.. is that right? When is the absolute latest to pay? If I don't pay it now, do I like get put back of the queue or something? Stupid questions, I know...

Just to confirm guys -- first time Tesla purchaser -- I don't need to complete my payment due until I get the date for my car.. is that right? When is the absolute latest to pay? If I don't pay it now, do I like get put back of the queue or something? Stupid questions, I know...
Tesla will want you to settle 7 days before delivery/collection.

Hi All, just catching up on the posts, I too have had the text to say delivery June 15-June 30 for me. I'm not quite ready to take delivery as my expected was July. If I say I am not ready, will I be put back to the September batch? Any advice?

First time I've had texts about my car purchase, so should I just text back to say I'm not ready and they will advise? Or is it best to try to give them a call?

Cheers.

I had a 15th to 30th June EDD since the day after I placed the order (14th April). Got a text on Tuesday that said delivery will be in June. Yesterday I got a text to remind me to fill in some details on the tesla account.
Today the EDD is shown in the app... and it's moved out to July 26 - August 23... Gutted!
Anyone else had their date pushed out recently? I wonder if I've just missed out on the Q2 allocation since they presumably have a limited number of vehicles to load on the next boat. (FWIW I've ordered blue on black with 19s)
Any chance it will move back to June? (wishful thinking!)

Reactions: Toblerone
I had a 15th to 30th June EDD since the day after I placed the order (14th April). Got a text on Tuesday that said delivery will be in June. Yesterday I got a text to remind me to fill in some details on the tesla account.
Today the EDD is shown in the app... and it's moved out to July 26 - August 23... Gutted!
Anyone else had their date pushed out recently? I wonder if I've just missed out on the Q2 allocation since they presumably have a limited number of vehicles to load on the next boat. (FWIW I've ordered blue on black with 19s)
It doesn’t help you, but I’m blue/black/20s, still showing 11-30 June 🥲

Hi All, just catching up on the posts, I too have had the text to say delivery June 15-June 30 for me. I'm not quite ready to take delivery as my expected was July. If I say I am not ready, will I be put back to the September batch? Any advice?

First time I've had texts about my car purchase, so should I just text back to say I'm not ready and they will advise? Or is it best to try to give them a call?

Cheers.
I would do all you can to take it in June. You don't want to end up as September for the sake of 2 weeks of so

I don't need to complete my payment due until I get the date for my car.. is that right?

You'll get an invoice. That will be after you've been allocated a car (i.e. allocated a VIN number)

When is the absolute latest to pay?

I've paid 15:00 the day before collection at 09:00 ... I don't recommend that! That was Tesla chaos repeatedly getting the invoice wrong.

you can do it up to 48hrs before and just take proof along, it does say this during the order process

In order to pay "late" you need:

A bank which will let you transfer a large some of money all-in-one-go/day. Mine does, but from what I have read many/most? have an upper limit, so have to make multiple £limit-payments on multiple-days.

As Mr H said you need to provide Tesla with proof that you have made payment. They tell me that provided you provide the RN number on the payment that it will clear "within an hour or two". I've done late payments, as above, on more than one occasion and payment didn't clear quickly as they say it should. Might just be me though ...

In order to do this I don't recommend just taking proof-of-payment along with you, but rather getting it cleared by Delivery-GB. Once they have cleared it (in my case they asked for a different screenshot showing some additional banking details) then the handover people won't need anything - i.e. their computer system will show the car as "Paid and ready to go". Take the paperwork just in case, but don't expect it to be needed unless Something-Wrong

I guess if you are doing finance none of this applies ...

If I don't pay it now, do I like get put back of the queue or something?

When your car is ready for collection, and you can't (or choose not to) collect it, then yes they will reallocate it to someone else and push you back.

I have no idea what happens if you pay and THEN push back the collection ("I'm in hospital with a broken leg"). I reckon if Tesla considers the car "sold" (for their end Quarter accounts) that they would be happy ... but that I have no knowledge to know if that is the case

Tesla will want you to settle 7 days before delivery/collection.

I've never had a finalised invoice as far as 7 days before! But, yeah, that's what the DOCs said :)

makes sense! any tips on cleaning/looking after it properly? i really want it to look spick and span as u said 'mint' aha, and that's the one i saw in the showroom with the white and grey.
Grey looked slick too however I currently have a grey car and I wanted to change it up. Conversely I find the contrast with the inside being white amazing :)
2.5 yo Black Model 3 here 🙋‍♂️

It's not as bad as people say, just follow a proper washing technique and if you get marks you can polish them out with ScratchX pretty easily. The aim is to avoid swirling dirt round on the paint to create the marks in the first place, so I apply shampoo with the pressure washer (so no touch) and then careful to use multiple clean wash mits kept rinsed and go from top to bottom.

If you have hard water like we have it will need drying otherwise it'll look like a dalmatian, I use a couple pf towels although got my eye on a blower instead. Don't wash in direct sunlight, wait until the evening.

Argh. Made the mistake of checking the app again and the EDD has now gone out to September 😭 TBH that’s what I expected when I placed the order but it’s still a tease to have June offered and then snatched away!