Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My original order was placed October 15th I had to delay taking delivery a few times whilst making a final decision (we had taken delivery of on in March so wanted to see before committing to buying another) was given a date of June 25th-30th to collect from Staines. Sadly my delivery date disappeared and now nothing shows on my account, same spec as yours.
Same spec, I was bumped as per my sig.
Kind of makes me feel better, feels like the 'batch' is in the same place.......having done this with the M3 though, anything can happen......delivery got bounced around last time too, and then car was changed last minute as my VIN allocation had a cracked roof.

Got my Indra Smart Pro home EV charger installed this morning by Charged EV and then got a call out the blue from Tusker (only time they have ever pro-actively phoned me) at lunchtime to say EDD is end of June! So today I am not Miserable. However, knowing this Tesla Order Rollercoaster of Q2 2022 (which is not the norm) I may be Miserable tomorrow. Fingers crossed for the end of June deliveries and a return to normality in Q3 2022.

Reactions: MattM76
The EDD saga looks like a shambles to us. To Tesla, they may think it’s a flawless algorithm. Reality probably puts it somewhere in between.

Speculation: People think that Tesla build in batches. This probably isn’t too speculative because, from a manufacturing process, it only makes sense to build in batches. Taken to the limit, if they “build to order” they would be getting, say, 300 orders per day with multiple different specs and building one, then the other, then another, in that same day, just wouldn’t make sense.

Speculation thickens: So they design an algorithm that predicts the number of orders they’ll get within any specific week/month/quarter (whatever it is). They base this off past performance and whatever factors they want to include (which will probably be many). So they may prioritise medium-spec relatively high volume/high margin cars at the beginning of the quarter (or month or whatever) and then aim to have the low-margin high volume cars towards the end. Then they may try to squeeze in the in between stuff too. People say they favour FSD and that’s probably true, but lets just say in any given period of time, they think only 50 orders of Red/Black/SR 3’s will be ordered and only 4 have FSD… maybe this “batch” is due to be built in the last month of the quarter. I don’t think they’re going to prioritise the 4 FSD orders because, it’s software they can simply add to the car after production. But lets say all 50 orders include FSD, then they may think that that’s worth enough to prioritise because it means more money sooner.

Thankfully, my order still says 26-30 June (though I know that could change at ANY time). But lets just say Tesla had already built a batch of 500 of the same spec car that I ordered when they opened up, and 498 of those they had orders to match in the UK. I come along on 1 May after a test drive that weekend and place my order. They now have 499 of that batch matched to orders…

The question is, why do some move and some don’t? That, nobody knows. And nobody knows whether the batch and match theory is true either. If I were to guess, in amongst all this batching, they know that at some point in the production cycle, they’re going to come back to making that same spec batch again. But with all the issues we’ve been facing this quarter, they may realise - only after some time - that that batch needs to be pushed back either as a reprioritisation exercise, or because they don’t have the parts arriving, or whatever.

The point is, nobody really knows. All we can do is piece together evidence in order to formulate theories that help us arrive at better explanations of the reality.

(edit: all of the above doesn’t even account for SHIPPING! So add that layer, and it’s clear why people’s EDDs are bouncing like a yo-yo!)

Good luck to all!
Very good @QuanTim.
Of course, the first chunk of data available could be derived following a new model announcement i. e. from the no obligation reservation period and the eventual rate of order crystalisation when the order book opens, this can also be supported by the previous model purchasing behavour. That is to say the initial batching of the Y could, in part , be influenced by the experience of the Model 3 launch.

It's all a bit convoluted although, as a production planning excersise, can it be so difficult?
Just make what you want to make, tell us, and we will choose from that which is going to be available.

Maybe they need more paintshops at the GFs

As Quantim says ".....shipping..... "

Joseph Conrad, when a mariner,knew which way lies madness...

Reactions: QuanTim
Got my Indra Smart Pro home EV charger installed this morning by Charged EV and then got a call out the blue from Tusker (only time they have ever pro-actively phoned me) at lunchtime to say EDD is end of June! So today I am not Miserable. However, knowing this Tesla Order Rollercoaster of Q2 2022 (which is not the norm) I may be Miserable tomorrow. Fingers crossed for the end of June deliveries and a return to normality in Q3 2022.

Great news.
And your lovely MY is.. and you ordered..

HonkyTonk! Just got a reprieve back to July without a defined window.
so:
May to early June
Late May to late June
August to early September
July🥳
This was the config estimate when I ordered my MY red/ white/Gems. on 2nd March.
Same boat and mentioned it before, but the 'Revert to config original month' without any date range sounds worse in my mind than a given date range in Aug-Sept... Hopefully I'll be proven wrong...

Same boat and mentioned it before, but the 'Revert to config original month' without any date range sounds worse in my mind than a given date range in Aug-Sept... Hopefully I'll be proven wrong...
Lets stay optimistic and think that the ones with the month placeholder are currently in the maybe list for Q2 deliveries vs the no chance its Aug-Sep.

Clutching at straws!

Reactions: Toblerone
Hi there. In one week I’m having my silver geminis powder coated satin black. I will post a pic when done. I have a red model y.
Excellent! But would you ask if they can be made to a look an even brighter silver?

I know😱But I just don't get black wheels.
Of the Tesla range, I like the bright sport wheels on the M3 and the refresh wheels on the MS.

Now then.... where is my " Teach Yourself to be less of an Old Fogey" book?