Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I did, ordered 11th March. MYLR Black, black 20’s. May EDD 🤷‍♂️

MSM Black interior MY, ordered Feb 27th with ALD. Placeholder of May. No firm date yet

I'm also with ALD - Ordered 23rd Feb, MYLR Batman, 20's. No VIN, been stuck on May for weeks.
So was reading on a FB group I'm a member of and someone else with an earlier order date seemed to have also not had any update (while the same spec cars for later oders were being delivery to the same collection point) - no surprise when they confirmed they were an ALD customer also. There's something not quite right here? I don't know enough about how things work behind the scenes here but wonder if it comes down to end of quarter financials?? :(

So was reading on a FB group I'm a member of as someone else with an earlier order date seemed to have also not had any update - no surprise when they confirmed they were an ALD customer also. There's something not quite right here? I don;t know enough about how things work behind the scenes here but wonder if it comes down to end of quarter financials?? :(
Definitely something not quite right. I wonder if ALD don’t pre order maybe like Lex or Zen where they perhaps pre order a bunch of different combinations 3-6 months in advance

I’m hoping for a July delivery for us ALD customers. Wishful thinking maybe
I'm thinking August/September is the likely outcome of this - I'm still toying with just ditching the order completely though if I'm honest (for a number of reasons - not just the delay).

Whatever the reason is, have found the whole process pretty shocking - I'd have preferred my EDD to have moved to August etc a couple of weeks ago rather than this being 'stuck' on May.

Reactions: Real Reado
wonder if it comes down to end of quarter financials??

In the sense that if your financing company isn't efficient with Tesla then, yes, they may well be "2nd choice" - Tesla want completed orders by end of quarter, and anything that is likely to prevent that would be taken into consideration - as well as anything that would guarantee it - along with anything that improves Margin (no news in UK that EAP / FSD influences allocation, but in USA adding FSD will definitely get you an earlier delivery ...)

For a comparison you need to compare everything. Model / Colour / Trim / Wheels / any optional-extras / Collection location or delivery / Financing method/company / Customer profile / etc. Any of those could vary the delivery date - e.g. collection location overloaded ... or not enough transporters available, or the transporters could run shorter trips to deliver more cars to collection centre closer to the port. All that is likely taken into account by allocation algorithm.

being 'stuck' on May.

Tesla should have an "Unallocated/Pending" status instead - which is probably what "May" is. Looks like they are also using "July" for a different form of unallocated. Both of these might mean "if we have any June delivery cancellations" ... or they might mean that some human intervention has been used to park them there, and thus they are holding for some later batch allocation to happen.

Reactions: WhiteHartMart
I dont have anything on my Zen order, who apparently ordered loads of them, and are still advertising June delivery
I'm also Zen... supposedly part of the bulk order placed at some point at the start of the year waiting on White/Black/19 - Tesla seem to think order was only submitted on March 4th by Zen. Zen say that it's supposedly late June into July now..... Tesla told me via chat August but could be June and then by phone today they said they have no idea and no information.... Lack of information and seeing people with later order dates but confirmed VIN's is bizarre! Let's hope that there's another ship for us on it's way and we'll be assigned something soon. 🤣

I'm also Zen... supposedly part of the bulk order placed at some point at the start of the year waiting on White/Black/19 - Tesla seem to think order was only submitted on March 4th by Zen. Zen say that it's supposedly late June into July now..... Tesla told me via chat August but could be June and then by phone today they said they have no idea and no information.... Lack of information and seeing people with later order dates but confirmed VIN's is bizarre! Let's hope that there's another ship for us on it's way and we'll be assigned something soon. 🤣

I'm in the same boat as you...having just spoken to Tesla chat I get "I can advise that we are still waiting for delivery window to updated from the factory for your order. We will contact you once a vehicle has been assigned to your order" which basically means Zen definitely placed that order a lot later than they've made it out to be considering the other orders that have now got delivery dates.

Reactions: MrMoonUK
For a comparison you need to compare everything. Model / Colour / Trim / Wheels / any optional-extras / Collection location or delivery / Financing method/company / Customer profile / etc. Any of those could vary the delivery date - e.g. collection location overloaded ... or not enough transporters available, or the transporters could run shorter trips to deliver more cars to collection centre closer to the port. All that is likely taken into account by allocation algorithm.
Even though I chose Bluewater (now Staines) upon ordering, if Tesla calls me in two weeks time to tell me that they have a car available, but I have to pick it up in Southampton (or Bumblefuck for that matter), rather than waiting the next quarter, I would RUN!
I hope location is treated as a preference, not an exclusion.

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteHartMart
Anyone had their text to collect a white/black/gemini version? I can see quite a few white/white/geminis and white/black/20s but not many of the default spec, but not everyone has their signature updated. My June EDD still hasn't moved but with no VIN match isn't looking very likely now. The money is burning a hole in my pocket just sat waiting in my account, I shouldn't have rushed to organise my finances so quickly!
Yes me - Just had the text 😃 29th June pick up... MYLR White/Black/19's

Reactions: Mr O
seeing people with later order dates but confirmed VIN's is bizarre!

Nope, not bizarre. Tesla manufacture in batches. If your car is in a batch that has been built, and not all allocated to other orders, you'll get one.

If not you are waiting for the next batch, matching your colour / options to be built.

Other brands manufacture to order - cars coming down the line are all-sorts ... all parts available just-in-time and in the right order to fit on the car.

if Tesla calls me in two weeks time to tell me that they have a car available, but I have to pick it up in ...

Be ready then! :)

Tesla have done that before - to ensure all cars were delivered in Holland (on a particular occasion when there was a looming tax change) cars were offloaded from the boat onto the quay ... and customers collected them from there :)

Anyone had their text to collect a white/black/gemini version? I can see quite a few white/white/geminis and white/black/20s but not many of the default spec, but not everyone has their signature updated. My June EDD still hasn't moved but with no VIN match isn't looking very likely now. The money is burning a hole in my pocket just sat waiting in my account, I shouldn't have rushed to organise my finances so quickly!
Yes!

MYLR / Black / Black / 20 - Ordered Mid March.

Ordered through Sal Sac at work, Zenith. Tried to get a tiny nugget of information out of the famous ‘Emma’ via the web chat.

Didn’t give me much, as expected due to fact that updates are direct to Zenith and then they update me. In a nutshell, she said that they are waiting for the final details from Zenith and then Tesla can communicate direct with me.

I asked if a car was allocated or not..

Replied with the same response.. but repeated that until zenith confirm some final details, they can’t communicate directly until that’s done. I’m praying it’s confirmation to proceed with delivery or something.

Anyone else who’s used Zenith had any more information / texts from Tesla except the initial order text with your RN number?

Dying to know if I’m expecting a car this quarter or next. 😅😅

Congrats to those who have delivery dates to 👏🏻👏🏻

Still not had any movement on my order. still saying 18-30 june which I think is highly unlikely now.
Seen a few same spec as mine ordered after and they have delivery date txt. Totally beyond me the tesla way of working.
Exactly the same (won't say boat) as you, date and spec. Just few days earlier ordering and No VIN etc either. But defo seem some same spec with later order dates on here who have been matched, which is genuinely great for them and congrats. But won't lie in saying it does make my eye twitch a bit! 🙂 But hey ho, what can you do on this Tesla delivery rollercoaster ride 🤷